It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: XF/SMK connection
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:20 pm 

I am watching Season 1 of Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Jerry Hardin, who played "Deep Throat" on The X-Files, has a guest starring role on SMK! He plays a character called Crandall in the episode "Sudden Death."

I loved Deep Throat. And I love spotting guest stars on my favorite shows!

Post subject: Re: XF/SMK connection
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:34 am 
Site Admin

I don't recall that ep of SMK, but it's been ages since I've seen any of the eps.

I enjoy catching an actor in one or more of my faves, too. :)

I may need to try to find some fave eps of SMK on Youtube. Come to think of it, I haven't watched The X-Files in a while, either. I've been thinking of watching "Fight Club" or "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas". They're two of my favorites.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 pm 

SMK, Hunter, and X-Files are my 3 favorite shows and I re-watch them all the time. A fourth favorite is "Saving Grace," a short-lived cop show on TNT starring Holly Hunter. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked Hunter.

I love spotting guest stars! I'm still watching SMK and now I see Richard Yniguez, who played Raul Mariano in Hunter (Rape and Revenge), is guest starring on an episode of SMK! Small world :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

One of my friend's likes "Saving Grace", but I could never get into it. :|

Another says that Risoli and Isles, though two females, reminds her a lot of "Hunter". I've seen about half of one episode.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:52 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I've seen a few eps of Risoli & Isles. It's okay...not a fave, but if there isn't anything else on, I'd watch it. I think part of the reason I like it is because I loved Sasha Alexander as Kate on NCIS. That and the fact that the first ep I saw involved Risoli's ex-boyfriend (an Army guy) and a case that crossed with the PD and the Army. Yet, I wouldn't say that it reminds me of "Hunter".

Another new show that I think I'll like (it's too soon to tell) is Against The Wall on Lifetime. I saw the frist ep and really liked it. I have to watch the second one later tonight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Whatever became of that show, "Against the Wall" on Lifetime?

I don't recall seeing or hearing anything of it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 pm 

It was cancelled, which I was very upset about.

I really enjoyed it - and the side storyline of Abby (the lead) having to choose between her's brother's partner or her former flame - the attorney. I was really rooting for the lawyer. ;) The very last episode ended with her opening the door and saying "I'm so glad to see you" but we don't know who she picked.

I was really hoping that TNT or USA would pick it up. And as for Lifetime, ATW was a great show - some of the shows they have now are just stupid!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Oh, too bad.

Sounds like the ending was a true cliffhanger. Too bad you fans may never know the answer. Not cool. :|

I think every network, except for TVLand, Nick, (others like it) are full of nothing but crappy reality shows. Everyday people w/o any talent are now "celebrities"?! Enough already!!!
:x

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Oh, too bad.

Sounds like the ending was a true cliffhanger. Too bad you fans may never know the answer. Not cool. :|

I think every network, except for TVLand, Nick, (others like it) are full of nothing but crappy reality shows. Everyday people w/o any talent are now "celebrities"?! Enough already!!!
:x

The only thing about the cliffhanger that I like is I can pick who was on the other side of the door. My sister is convinced it was Brody, the cop, but I am convinced that it was Danny, the lawyer.

I've compared it to JAG - like when each person can decide where H&M went.

Although, I would much rather know who REALLY was at the door.

I hear ya about TV these days. I seriously probably only watch AW, Hot in Cleveland, a ton of reruns on TVLand, and when there is really nothing on, I watch House Hunters all day and complain about the annoying people on it and their insane "wish list". True story.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm. It would have been nice to see which of you were right about who was on the other side of the door. Reminded me of the old game "Mystery Date"? :lol:

I long for the day when TV is good again. TV and music have changed so much, so I watch and listen to a lot that I have on CD or DVD, or as we both mentioned, on networks like TVLand. Do you pick up MeTV (Memorable Television)?

I may have seen House Hunters twice, and during those episodes I was annoyed, too. LOL!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:38 pm 

It was exactly like "Mystery Date"!

Sadly, I do not get MeTV. We still have Basic Cable (which sucks, BTW). We pay over $60 a month for not even 50 channels of crap. We've been thinking about getting Dish or DirectTV since we can't get Comcast/Timer Warner in our location, but we have more than 4 TVs and can't decided which ones we would have hooked up to the box(es).

HH annoyed the crap out of me last night. These "wish lists" are unreal! I mean, if they are that picky they might as well just build their own house. One lady was all mad because she didn't like the color of the kitchen walls. Umm, maybe buy a gallon of paint? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 am 
Site Admin

---------
:lol: ....about "Mystery Date".

I know what you mean about cable. I have Comcast and was paying just over $60.00 for a lot of channels I don't watch, but I still use Comcast. About a year or so ago, I decided to bundle and get my internet and phone added with them, too. That, along with the repair service "insurance", the price doubled. Though I pay "insurance" monthly (I think $25.00), it's better than having to pay at least $85.00 for them to come out for a repair. That's how much they wanted to charge over a year ago when the guy had to crawl under the house to replace a cable. I'd asked how much when I called, and they said there was no charge, and the repairman said the same, but my bill showed otherwise. :shock: I called and as nicely as I could, explained that someone had lied. They removed the fee from my bill. :) I recently learned that paying the monthly fee would be best as a friend who works for Comcast told me she's seen repair bills for over $100.00, depending on what needed to be done.

I was using AT&T for my phone and internet for ages and the price kept going up, but so did that of Comcast, so I didn't know which way to go for a while. I finally made a decision. Before going to Comcast for internet and phone, I tried Open Range. OMGoodness, they sucked BIG time! Horrrrrrrrible service! I was calling them at least twice a week with an issue, and the neigbors were probably thinking the repairman was my boyfriend; he was here so often. Sheesh!
After the issues became worse and more frequent; causing me to use my cell phone as my home phone didn't work, I canceled in a quick hurry and went with Comcast. One thing that ticked me off even more was that Open Range tried to blame me/my house for the issues, saying that it was power lines outside, or the vinyl siding on my house, or too many electronics around the system. I told one guy that was stupid because if that's the case, then anyone using it must have to live in a log cabin in the woods and hope for the best in getting a tower signal. He tried to laugh it off, but I know he didn't like it. I didn't intend for him to like it. :lol:

I went to Comcast a few weeks ago and got another adapter for another TV. I don't like that the small adapters don't allow me to view On Demand and many other channels like Sundance, Indie, etc. Like you, I was trying to decide where to put it. I have the main system in my living room and can get all the channels for what I think is on the second tier which is quite a lot. I plan to get another system like that for my bedroom at some point and just have the small adapter for my den and maybe one for my guest bedroom.

One of my cousins had high praise for the prices and channels from DirectTV or Dish, and dogged out Comcast. She didn't find it to be so funny once they began to lose service each time a breeze came by. Ha! Her husband decided to go back to Comcast. During one of our few inches of snow, another cousin and a friend were upset because they lost service for a few days as they had dishes, too. I was quite content with my Comcast because I didn't lose any service at that time.

It's really a toss up when trying to figure out which way to go. Each company has its own issues. It's a pain.

Good luck on deciding!
:)

Profile E-mail