It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What more would you have liked to learn about Alex Turnan?
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am 
Site Admin

I wanted to know....who the hell he thought he was, coming in and taking McCall away like that! :x
:lol:

I'd also like to know - -

What's his family history? Any surviving parents or siblings?

Ever been married before?

Any kids that weren't mentioned?

Where was he from?

How did he meet Dee Dee? (was that mentioned and I don't recall?)

How much did he truly love her while being in and out of her life for eight years? I could ask the same of Dee Dee. :|

I have a few more, but I'll give someone else a chance, first. :)
I think I'll put try to work these questions into one of my fanfics.
:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What more would you have liked to learn about Alex Turnan?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:30 pm 

I agree with all of yours... here's a few I would add:

-How long were they together before breaking up the first time?

-Why did the break up the first time? And who broke up with who?

-Why/how many times did they break up and get back together?

-What's the longest stretch of time that they were together as a couple?

-Where is he from?

-Was he jealous of her "friendship" with Rick?

-Did he know that Dee Dee and Rick had slept together? ^9

-Did the job at UCLA really fall through??? Or, was that a convenient way to get Dee Dee as far from Rick as possible by moving them to London? :roll:

-And, my personal favorite..."why did we never hear about you ONCE in 8 years if you were so important to Dee Dee?" - :mur:

I see a juicy plot line already for a FF!!! :lux:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:45 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I agree with all of these question!

The one that always got me was "HOW could they have dated on and off for almost 8 years?!" That doesn't make any sense to me! They obviously couldn't have loved each other all that much.

I always thought they wrote McCall poorly out of the script. I mean who were they to decide that this man will come and sweep her off of her feet? I would have felt better if they wrote her out and said it was for family issues. (i/e she quit to take care of her aging mother, or she went to live with her sick sister and help take care of her nieces/nephews) - something like that - ANYTHING other than Alex!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

BrassCupcake76 wrote:
I agree with all of yours... here's a few I would add:

-How long were they together before breaking up the first time?

-Why did the break up the first time? And who broke up with who?

-Why/how many times did they break up and get back together?

-What's the longest stretch of time that they were together as a couple?

-Where is he from?

-Was he jealous of her "friendship" with Rick?

-Did he know that Dee Dee and Rick had slept together? ^9

-Did the job at UCLA really fall through??? Or, was that a convenient way to get Dee Dee as far from Rick as possible by moving them to London? :roll:

-And, my personal favorite..."why did we never hear about you ONCE in 8 years if you were so important to Dee Dee?" - :mur:

I see a juicy plot line already for a FF!!! :lux:

Thanks. :)

I like your questions, too. I would have asked some of them myself, but wanted to leave some for others. LOL!

I'd like to know if the job really fell through, too. I'd also like to know how he really felt about Rick and Dee Dee's friendship and if he knew they'd slept together. I think he was seriously jealous. I'm always reminded of what he may have thought when I see the scene where Rick visits his hotel and tells him he loves Dee Dee, too. LOVE that! The look on Alex's face... :shock: LOVE it! :lol:

I may be able to stir up a fic that includes some of our questions with answers, but I need to finish at least one of the three I have going, now. LOL!
I've been known to start another while others are waiting, obviously, so we'll see.

Oooh, maybe we could have a fanfic challenge on the topic. Hmm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:

The one that always got me was "HOW could they have dated on and off for almost 8 years?!" That doesn't make any sense to me! They obviously couldn't have loved each other all that much.

I always thought they wrote McCall poorly out of the script. I mean who were they to decide that this man will come and sweep her off of her feet? I would have felt better if they wrote her out and said it was for family issues. (i/e she quit to take care of her aging mother, or she went to live with her sick sister and help take care of her nieces/nephews) - something like that - ANYTHING other than Alex!

Thank you! :)
You've added some great points!

The eight year relationship. I'm glad you touched on this even more, and I know what you mean! If they'd been together, even off/on for that period of time, wouldn't Rick have known something about him? When Dee Dee introduced them, he didn't mention anything about knowing about him...nothing like "Ah, so you're Alex Turnan." What the heck?! :roll:
You know that he and Dee Dee shared a lot and I don't think she would have kept this away from him. If she felt he wasn't worth mentioning, I say he wasn't worth marrying! Oooh, don't get me started!!! :lol: :lol:

I agree that they could have her written out in a much better way. Geeez! Lazy, much?! I think your storyline ideas would have worked. Shoot, I'd rather have a sister pop up out of nowhere and need her help, rather than having Alex come in as the oh-so-worth-marrying-mystery man! Ugh! Breathe, LM. Breathe. :lol:

You mentioned a sister, and oddly enough, just yesterday I was thinking of writing a story with some siblings for McCall. I've thought of it before, but it's been strong on my mind lately. See what this forum does for us?!
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:23 pm 

Yes, I do agree. If we were really supposed to believe they dated that long, Hunter could have said something that would have led us to to believe that he knew of Alex or even met him once. Maybe something 'How have you been? I haven't seen you since you came with Dee Dee to the precinct Christmas party' (or maybe even the July 4th picnic!).

I would have felt much more content with her leaving if the story had been written better. There were so many things the writers could have told, but they just rushed to tie everything up. (Much like the last episode of JAG!). I find it very unrealistic that McCall would have married Alex. That's just so out of character.

LOL! Really? Now that is funny! Everything IS back to normal now!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

I know! Some kind of party, a freakin photo from a past date or something to show that he actually existed before a couple of days before the wedding. Sheeeesh! :roll:

When Dee Dee asked Rick what he thought of Alex, what could he have thought. He didn't know the man! She didn't know him! Geeeeeez! :lol:
Yes, so out of character for McCall.

Yep, they did rush our JAG couple off, too, didn't they? So much left unanswered before and after the engagement. :roll:

Back to normal. :lol: Love it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
HATBC wrote:

The eight year relationship. I'm glad you touched on this even more, and I know what you mean! If they'd been together, even off/on for that period of time, wouldn't Rick have known something about him? When Dee Dee introduced them, he didn't mention anything about knowing about him...nothing like "Ah, so you're Alex Turnan." What the heck?! :roll:
You know that he and Dee Dee shared a lot and I don't think she would have kept this away from him. If she felt he wasn't worth mentioning, I say he wasn't worth marrying! Oooh, don't get me started!!! :lol: :lol:

I agree that they could have her written out in a much better way. Geeez! Lazy, much?! I think your storyline ideas would have worked. Shoot, I'd rather have a sister pop up out of nowhere and need her help, rather than having Alex come in as the oh-so-worth-marrying-mystery man! Ugh! Breathe, LM. Breathe. :lol:

You mentioned a sister, and oddly enough, just yesterday I was thinking of writing a story with some siblings for McCall. I've thought of it before, but it's been strong on my mind lately. See what this forum does for us?!

I 100% agree!!!!!!!! I don't buy for a second that she as with him "on and off for 8 years and Rick knew NOTHING about him!!!! Really??? They shared EVERYTHING - including a bed at one point :lol: how could he not no about Alex?!?! Totally agree that if he wasn't worth mentioning, that he wasn't worth marrying.

I agree that it was vey uncharacterestic of McCall to just up and leave her passion and marry him. I don't agree with it at all, and it actually pains me to watch that episode. They don't even seem to 'fit' to me. Yes, I know I'm biased and just wanted her with Hunter! ;)

A little fanfiction competition would be kinda fun! I'm on a roll with mine! It's hard for me to focus at work :lol: I just wanna write!!!! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm 

Sorry for the type o. "not no" should be "not know". Lol!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm 

I've been working on a fanfic for the last few hours and I am on a roll, too. I just don't want to stop!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm 

:clap: :clap2:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

BrassCupcake76 wrote:
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
HATBC wrote:

I 100% agree!!!!!!!! I don't buy for a second that she as with him "on and off for 8 years and Rick knew NOTHING about him!!!! Really??? They shared EVERYTHING - including a bed at one point :lol: how could he not no about Alex?!?! Totally agree that if he wasn't worth mentioning, that he wasn't worth marrying.

I agree that it was vey uncharacterestic of McCall to just up and leave her passion and marry him. I don't agree with it at all, and it actually pains me to watch that episode. They don't even seem to 'fit' to me. Yes, I know I'm biased and just wanted her with Hunter! ;)

A little fanfiction competition would be kinda fun! I'm on a roll with mine! It's hard for me to focus at work :lol: I just wanna write!!!! :)

Yes, sharing a bed...a little pillow-talk, even if Alex is one of the topics brought up by accident! SOMETHING! Dang! :lol:

No, they didn't fit to me, either. :| I must admit that I have two favorite scenes featuring her with Alex, but I wish it had been Rick, of course. One scene is when they're dancing beside the car. I've done that and it brings back good memories. :) That's probably why I like it so much. If it had been Rick, I'd have flipped out! Having another thing in common with Rick and Dee Dee? Whoa! :mrgreen:
I also liked Dee Dee's smile and reaction when Alex got down on one knee to propose. That's about it. :|

When I get a chance, I'll post about the fanfiction challenge. Glad you guys are on board with it. :)

It's nice that you and HATBC are now hooked on writing your fanfics. Good luck and enjoy! :)

No worries about the typo. We all have them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:
I've been working on a fanfic for the last few hours and I am on a roll, too. I just don't want to stop!

Go, HATBC! Go! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:45 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
HATBC wrote:

Go, HATBC! Go! :lol:

Thanks! It's a follow up to something I wrote before. It will probably be done by the end of the week!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:57 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome!

Cool!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:20 am 

awesome! :) I am still chugging along on mine! I hope to get it done in the next week or so! :) fingers crossed!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:16 am 
Site Admin

Keep at it! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 am 

Good luck to the both of you on your fanfic!!! I'm looking forward to it :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 pm 

ok here's a genial "writing question"....

Do I write in the present tense? Or past tense? I.e. "he walks into the room....... or he walked into the room? Or can you switch it up and do both as you ese fit? Thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm 

---------
Well, here's my two cents on the topic....

I was taught that when you are writing an essay on a story you always write in the present tense (Romeo and Juliet report anyone?) and when you write a narrative you write in the past tense.

Personally, when I write fanfics, I write in the past tense. Although, I will say it does depend on what kind of story I am writing, and occasionally, I do use tense shifts.

For example, if I'm writing in first person, I tend to use present tense:

i/e

Dee Dee's POV
====

The wind is cold as it blows against my face. I can't believe how harsh this winter as been here in London. More often than not, I often find myself missing the warm, sunny days in LA. And most importantly, I miss Hunter.

However, if I am writing in third person, I usually just use past tense.

i/e

The man sat outside, concealed in the dark, and he watched. He watched everything thing that was happening, and while doing so, he was forming a plan. It was a well thought plan in his mind, and when he executed it, Sgt. Rick Hunter wouldn't even know what hit him.

So, overall, I guess what I'm getting at is: just write how you feel the most comfortable with and whatever suits your story!

Profile E-mail