It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am 
Site Admin

I'm hoping to see the member from the "old" forum, and lots of newbies. :D

If you haven't already posted an intro under this topic, feel free to start a new topic under Introduce Yourself.

Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Example message.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:14 pm 

My name is actually Shannon, but I have been called nafer since high school. I am 30 years old, and been a big fan of Hunter since I was 12 or so. My family and I would watch Golden Girls, Empty Nest, and then Hunter every Saturday night.. I have always thought that Fred Dryer is a beautiful man, and had a crush on him since I began watching Hunter. I am a mother of two beautiful little boys, Xavier and Gideon. I am married to a wonderful husband who understands that if I ever meet Fred in person, I will have to leave him (Just kidding!). I am currently working on my Master's degree in professional counseling; almost done, one more class and have to finish my internship. I like all of the shows focused on this site, and I love to read and write stories. I love to travel with my family and go camping and hiking. I am actually watching a rerun of Law & Order: SVU right now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Well, hello, nafer/Shannon. Welcome to what I hope is a new and improved HBHB forum!
It's nice that you've shared your real name. Which do you prefer to be called on the forum?

It's really great that your husband understands that you'll have to leave him if Fred gives you the chance. LOL!

It's cool that you like all the shows that are featured here. I don't recall your posting under topics of any but "Hunter", though. I guess I missed them. :|

I loved watching The Golden Girls and Empty Nest, too. Until a few months ago, TGG aired on Lifetime. I wish they'd pic up Empty Nest in the near future.

Congrats on having a nice family, and good luck on your studies. :)

Catch you later!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:50 pm 

Shannon or nafer is fine. I don't know if I ever posted under any other topic b/c Hunter was my favorite. I just sort of watch the other ones with less involvement.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Okay. I'm used to nafer, but I might switch up and go with Shannon at times. :)

I think that many people here who watch more than one of the shows, like one a bit more than the other. Not a thing wrong with that. I've been into Hunter since the start, but I didn't watch each week because I alternated from it and Spenser for Hire until they changed the days. The other shows haven't been on as long, of course. I got into SVU and The X-Files around the same time, and JAG came in last. It's not last in my heart, though.
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:15 pm 

hey again!

GraeLeigh, 34 years old fem from France who just joined the old forum as it was closing ! :lol:

Well for my part I'm a big Hunter fan (great that it is re-airing here in France) and I always have a soft side for Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible (unforgettable Barbara Bain/Martin Landau duet). More recently I love Jag, Fastlane, been an XFiles fan up to season 5, loved the first two seasons of Mutant X (until Emma left that is), feels like Birds of Prey didn't get a fair chance .... but I pretty much watch lots of tv shows (no soap) as long as there is some action and pretty ladies ! lol

Well that's about it (for now) thanks for accepting me here! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:04 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Hi, GraeLeigh! It's great to have you here! :wave: I hope you can post often!

It's cool that you love Hunter and a number of the other shows featured on here. You found the right place!

Hope to see you around!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

GraeLeigh wrote:
hey again!

GraeLeigh, 34 years old fem from France who just joined the old forum as it was closing ! :lol:

Well for my part I'm a big Hunter fan (great that it is re-airing here in France) and I always have a soft side for Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible (unforgettable Barbara Bain/Martin Landau duet). More recently I love Jag, Fastlane, been an XFiles fan up to season 5, loved the first two seasons of Mutant X (until Emma left that is), feels like Birds of Prey didn't get a fair chance .... but I pretty much watch lots of tv shows (no soap) as long as there is some action and pretty ladies ! lol

Well that's about it (for now) thanks for accepting me here! :D

Well, at least you were able to get to the first forum and learn of this one before too late.

It'll be interesting to read your comments about JAG. HATBC, 9catsz (she hasn't posted yet) and I are the only ones who are huge fans, so far. I think one or two others have seen it, but they don't post anything about it.

We need more X-Files fans, too. I think there are four of us, but we very rarely discuss it. :| I've tried with a few topics, but it was still never a busy forum.

Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:43 am 

Well as for X-Files, the show went off a couple years ago so that's not that surprising ... and JAG, well I think plenty of people didn't watch it because it was army related. And sometimes it's not that easy to follow the procedure and such in it. Pretty much like The West Wing ... I was lost most of the time ! lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

I wasn't interested in JAG because of the military/legal setting, myself. Don't get me wrong, this is one girl that loves a man (a good man) in uniform! I've dated a fair amount. :D Yeeeah!
:oops:

Moving on......

This forum didn't have a thing to do with JAG when I started it a few years ago. I would see the previews for the show and just ignore them. One day, while discussing H&M of "Hunter", my friend HATBC mentioned that I should give the H&M of "JAG" a try. I let time go by before taking any interests and I only gained more when she told me about certain scenes that I asked about in her fanvids....one of which made me cry. Thanks a lot, HABTC! :x You know I'm kidding! :lol:
Anyway, she told me to tune in to USA Network and catch a particular fave ep of hers, so I did. I was hooked within minutes! I could ask her enough questions fast enough! LOL!

After a while, I ended up getting 9castz (still yet to post, but a huge fan) into "JAG". She blamed her newfound "addiction" on HATBC and me. LOL!

So, we all have HATBC to thank for introducing me to the show, which led to it being a part of the HBHB group. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:35 am 

I like the X Files - I saw an episode, well part of one the other night - "Clyde Buckman's Final Repose" which I think was from the 3rd season. Reminded me how good the series is. They seem to be showing it on Virgin 1 channel here in the UK, so maybe I'll see some more now I know it's on.

As for JAG and SVU I haven't seen it shown on TV over here, which is strange because usually channel 4 buys the most popular US series and so does channel 5 and if they don't then Living TV do. (Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, ER, Grey's Anatomy, House, CSI, Star Trek, and lots more I've prob not mentioned). So I'm sorry I haven't had the opportunity to see JAG or SVU but maybe they didn't think the UK market suited it. Who knows?

And of course Hunter is still my favourite but I think you all know that!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:49 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
I wasn't interested in JAG because of the military/legal setting, myself. Don't get me wrong, this is one girl that loves a man (a good man) in uniform! I've dated a fair amount. :D Yeeeah!

Moving on......

This forum didn't have a thing to do with JAG when I started it a few years ago. I would see the previews for the show and just ignore them. One day, while discussing H&M of "Hunter", my friend HATBC mentioned that I should give the H&M of "JAG" a try. I let time go by before taking any interests and I only gained more when she told me about certain scenes that I asked about in her fanvids....one of which made me cry. Thanks a lot, HABTC! :x You know I'm kidding! :lol:
Anyway, she told me to tune in to USA Network and catch a particular fave ep of hers, so I did. I was hooked within minutes! I could ask her enough questions fast enough! LOL!

After a while, I ended up getting 9castz (still yet to post, but a huge fan) into "JAG". She blamed her newfound "addiction" on HATBC and me. LOL!

So, we all have HATBC to thank for introducing me to the show, which led to it being a part of the HBHB group. :mrgreen:

I’m one of the few who did like JAG for the military/legal “stuff”. I don’t really know why either. Maybe it’s because of my family background and what not. I watched it on NBC with DJE and Tracy Needham. It was “okay”. They had chemistry, but not enough for me to watch faithfully. If I missed an episode I didn’t really care. During S1 I probably watched it the most for DJE and the military. Then, when CBS picked it up for S2 and Catherine Bell came on….WOW! The chemistry they gave Harm and Mac sizzled! And I was hooked for ever more.

LM, I will gladly accept full responsibility for my actions! LOL! Help! I’m drawing some blanks! Was it my “Aint Now Mountain High Enough” vid which you are referring to? (Again, sorry for making you cry. But it was worth it to have another JAG fan) And I have too many favorite episodes! LOL! Do you remember which one you watched first?

Oh, and for the record, I’ll gladly accept finding a new addiction for 9, too! LOL!
You’re very welcome. I’m glad you enjoy the show as much as me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:50 am 

clare wrote:
I like the X Files - I saw an episode, well part of one the other night - "Clyde Buckman's Final Repose" which I think was from the 3rd season. Reminded me how good the series is. They seem to be showing it on Virgin 1 channel here in the UK, so maybe I'll see some more now I know it's on.

As for JAG and SVU I haven't seen it shown on TV over here, which is strange because usually channel 4 buys the most popular US series and so does channel 5 and if they don't then Living TV do. (Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, ER, Grey's Anatomy, House, CSI, Star Trek, and lots more I've prob not mentioned). So I'm sorry I haven't had the opportunity to see JAG or SVU but maybe they didn't think the UK market suited it. Who knows?

And of course Hunter is still my favourite but I think you all know that!

Kinda and OT question....but... do you get "Army Wives" over there? Just curious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:15 pm 

I was hooked on Jag as soon as I saw Mac! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:23 pm 

:mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Ashamed?

Oh, wait. I see your other smiley. Nope, you're not ashamed. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:29 pm 

nope, not at all ! :lol:

I don't know about other fans, but I dunno how they did without Mac in the first epsidoes .... I mean what were ppl interested? lol kidding!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Meg was pretty good, but Mac is the best. When I first started watching JAG, the episodes with CB were already going, so I didn't see Meg for a while.

Do you watch Army Wives? CB's character, Denise, is totally opposite of Mac.
We have a forum and user group for the show. :D

Maybe you can answer a question for me. I've seen videos listed on Youtube for Army Wives, and I found one from a fan in France. It seems that the show is called American Wives over there by some or all. In my opinion, that throws everyone off. Every married woman in the US is an American wife. The show is based on the wives (and husbands) of those in the Army. Any idea about the title? Can't it be translated well from English to French as Army Wives? I posted the question under the video, but haven't gotten an answer, yet.

One of the videos -

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:05 pm 

---------
hi,my name is patti., ig by miss kitty. i lost my cat miss kitty on april 18,2009. i do miss her. i kow when i start reading and posting it will take my mind ofmiss kitty. the new board is great.[color= :oops: #800040][/color]

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next