It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SK & FD w/ cake for 100th Episode of "Hunter"
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

I think this is a cute one. Wish I could have been there for the celebration. :)
Such a long time ago. Wow.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SK & FD w/ cake for 100th Episode of "Hunter"
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:08 pm 

I especially like their photos in real life.
How I wish they could celebrate for the 200th or even the 300th episode.
I hope I could watch them continue this show,and we could grow old together with them.
It is such a pity that SK quitted after Season 6. There is a Chinese saying that there is never an endless banquet in the world.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

I like the off-camera photo moments, too. I enjoy seeing how close they seemed to be while not filming a scene. :)

I wish SK would have stayed, too, but the same time I wonder if she would have had the chance to make movies and music. :|

When they made the revival of "Hunter" in 2002 or 2003, there were times when I wondered how long the duo could keep chasing criminals as the years went by. They were getting older, like the rest of us. They could use stunt people, but sometimes they would need a shot of them running for themselves. Would it have been the same to see them performing desk duties more often?
I'm not sure, but I still would like to have had the chance to see them together for much longer.

It may be true about the world's banquet. It's a nice saying.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:33 pm 

I had hoped that they would have them finally get together in the 2003 (or later) season and end the show with them getting married or something. Ahhh. To dream..... *sigh*

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:01 am 
Site Admin

I was a huge shipper, too....wanting them to have a relationship and get married. There are a lot of people who are non-shippers when it comes to them, but to each his own.

Many have said it would have ruined the show or made it something like "Hart to Hart" (loved that show, too.), but I don't think so.

If I could have had any say-so, I would have had them show the couple at home during the last few minutes of some of the episodes. They could show them getting home from work, hugs and kisses, joking around, Rick trying to install a vibrating bed in their bedroom so they can remember the time in the motel in Texas, etc. :lol:

I honestly don't think that a few short scenes at the end would have ruined the show. They could have kept all hints of being married at home and not at work. Sure, there could be times when one is injured or in danger on the job and the other shows concern, but they did that all the time, anyway. They acted like a couple and even said the partnership was like a marriage. They chose to agree to die for each other. Not many people say that in a marriage.
:|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 am 

I am soooooo with you!!! I agree 100%!!!!! The fans wanted that, and they brought them back for the reunion movies and season 8, so why not give the devoted fans what they wanted!? They decided to do the shows with McCall and not Novak, so that says something right there! Maybe they were heading that way with the show? I guess we'll never know. :cry: I agree though that it wouldn't have ruined it. We allllllllll wanted it! Well, most of us, anyway!

Lol what does "shipper" mean? Well, I can infer on what it means, but not sure how the word "shipper" relates to it. Can you explain? Hehe. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Yes, many probably felt that since H&M were back as a team, they'd also become a couple and possibly marry. I was hoping for that and figured that the chance may come during the "new" run of the series.

If it had been given the proper promoting and and the days of its airing didn't keep moving, it may have done very well and could still be going.

I read several notes from fans who had no idea that the show was revived around ten years ago. I can't believe it's been that long! :?

The word "shipper" is a short way of saying one is interested in characters having a romantic relationship. It's simply using part of the word "relationship".
If you want Hunter and McCall to become involved in a relationship, that makes you a shipper. :)

The phrase is used a lot by fans who want the characters to get together, and also used a lot in the plots of fanfiction.....aka "shipper fics" or "shipper fanfics".

I don't know if you know of the other lead actors featured here, but they all have something in common....they're all crimesolvers/investigators, male/female leads and partners and have been featured in shipper fics and videos. I think Benson and Stabler are the only two that never slept together or had a romantic kiss.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:44 pm 

Ahhh thanks for the explanation!!! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

---------
You're welcome.

Profile E-mail