It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SK - "Dynasty" clip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

I'm glad I finally got a chance to see these clips, thanks to my friend who posted them on Youtube. :D

SK was such a baby! So cute! :D

I may have actually seen her in this episode back in the 80s, but didn't know who she was at the time. :|

Does anyone think or know for sure that Stepfanie is the one talking about giving up her kids and husband? :lol: It sounds like her, but of course I can't see her when the comment is made.

Clip #1

Clip #2

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SK - "Dynasty" clip
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 pm 

I remember "Dynasty" but didn't notice SK was on that show when I watched it. In fact, this show was aired later than Hunter in China. I watched that show only because that I thought Joan Collins looked like SK in some way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

She was in the episodes titled "Bordello" and 'Oil", both aired in 1981. Her character was Melanie in both episodes.

I've never associated SK with Joan Collins, but they both do have dark hair, were about the same size. I guess those are the only things I can compare. :lol:
I guess they do look a little alike when I look at this old photo of Joan.

Have you ever seen the show "The Bob Newhart Show"? I have thought that lead actress, Suzanne Pleshette, could have played the part of McCall's mom on "Hunter". She also played the part of Karen Walker's mom on "Will & Grace".
A photo of her -

Maybe Joan Collins could have played McCall's mom.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:58 pm 

As for Dynasty, it was a very old TV drama. My only memory about that show is the name and how Joan Collins looked like in that show.

I’m very happy to see SK in the episode from the link you provided. She looked totally different from McCall, and appeared to be so unique among those beauties.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 pm 

It is a pity that I’ve never watched the Bob Newhart Show. When I saw the photos of Suzanne Pleshette from the link you provided, I found that she looked like SK in some way, maybe the hair and the eyes. She could play as SK’s mother. LOL! Isn’t that funny?

In Unfinished Business, I noticed SK’s mom also appeared. I wondered what role she played in that scene, Dee Dee’s mom, a relative, colleague or friend?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

dream4deedee wrote:
As for Dynasty, it was a very old TV drama. My only memory about that show is the name and how Joan Collins looked like in that show.

I’m very happy to see SK in the episode from the link you provided. She looked totally different from McCall, and appeared to be so unique among those beauties.

Yes, "Dynasty" was a popular series in the 80s....quite a long time ago. :lol:

I'm glad I was able to share the link. I wish I knew more about SK's character, Melanie. I hope she wasn't as selfish or as hateful as some of the lead characters, like that of Joan Collins.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

dream4deedee wrote:
It is a pity that I’ve never watched the Bob Newhart Show. When I saw the photos of Suzanne Pleshette from the link you provided, I found that she looked like SK in some way, maybe the hair and the eyes. She could play as SK’s mother. LOL! Isn’t that funny?

In Unfinished Business, I noticed SK’s mom also appeared. I wondered what role she played in that scene, Dee Dee’s mom, a relative, colleague or friend?

I wish they would have put McCall's mother, and Hunter's mother, into a few storylines so we could see them. We got to hear the voice of Hunter's mom in "The Big Fall", but when McCall was on the phone in "Blow Up" (I think that's right), we were to believe that she was talking to her mom, but I don't even recall hearing her voice.

I don't know who SK's mom was supposed to be during the wedding scenes. Maybe one of her family members. I wish they would have said. I think they show a woman giving McCall a hug, but it wasn't SK's mom, Grace. Maybe she only wanted to be an extra, or maybe the studio didn't want to pay her for a speaking part, even if only for one word.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 am 

Yeah, I remember that Alexis (starred by Joan Collins) was rather a selfish and hateful character on that show. But I didn't hate her so much. It was ony because that she reminded me of SK from time to time when I saw her on TV. ;)

I also remember that there was another TV show called "Sins" starred by Joan.

In fact, I think Joan is much shorter than SK. They don't look alike that much when they grow older. Very different styles.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

---------
I think a lot of people both loved and hate Alexis. :lol:

No, they don't look very much alike in recent years, do they?

Profile E-mail