It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Silk Stalkings
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
HunterMan wrote:
Another favorite duo was Chris and Rita on another Stephen J. Cannell popular crime/cop show "Silk Stalkings!"

I saw it listed on hulu.com when I saw "Hunter" listed today.

I saw a thumbnail/screencap with Eric McCormick (of "Will & Grace"...a fave show!), so I started to watch that ep. I got into the first five minutes and had to stop and haven't gone back. It's still on pause so maybe I'll catch it soon. I just wanted to see Eric. I saw a short clip of him performing the art of fencing in the ep. He's so cute.
:)

Cool! To be honest, I don't remember which episode that was?? :lol: You may not really ever like "Silk Stalkings", for whatever reasons, I just loved it because Chris and Rita (never saw the Tom and Cassy seasons--the last 3 after Chris and Rita left) were just like Hunter and McCall...just in a more tropical location--which of course I loved as you remember I stated in another thread I'm a beach-boy wannabe! :lol:

Mill Creek is also re-releasing "Silk Stalkings," along with "Hunter," "Renegade," I think "21 Jumpstreet," etc... The first season on DVD for "S.S." from Mill is to be released on March 9th. I will be spending a lot of money on DVD sets that day, as the first seasons for "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" and "Matt Houston" are also scheduled for release! :o :)

Okay, dumb question I know--I've heard of it, but what is hulu.com? Is it a site where you download actual full episodes of shows and watch them? Just curious. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:06 am 

HATBC wrote:
Reality isn't a favorite of mine, but there are a few that I like. A few of the ones on TLC and COPS, Speeders, and other shows like that are what I live for. Hahahaha. :lol: Well, that's carrying it away a bit. ;)

Uh Oh...I think I actually do like one certain kind of reality show! :o I do like to watch, I think it's called, "House Hunters" on the Home & Garden channel! :lol: But...this actually is real people looking for real houses! ;)

I also love shows like "Forensic Files" on truTV (used to be CourtTV)...but I think that's considered more of a documentary show, than a "reality" one. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

HunterMan wrote:
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
HunterMan wrote:
Another favorite duo was Chris and Rita on another Stephen J. Cannell popular crime/cop show "Silk Stalkings!"

I saw it listed on hulu.com when I saw "Hunter" listed today.

I saw a thumbnail/screencap with Eric McCormick (of "Will & Grace"...a fave show!), so I started to watch that ep. I got into the first five minutes and had to stop and haven't gone back. It's still on pause so maybe I'll catch it soon. I just wanted to see Eric. I saw a short clip of him performing the art of fencing in the ep. He's so cute.

Cool! To be honest, I don't remember which episode that was?? :lol: You may not really ever like "Silk Stalkings", for whatever reasons, I just loved it because Chris and Rita (never saw the Tom and Cassy seasons--the last 3 after Chris and Rita left) were just like Hunter and McCall...just in a more tropical location--which of course I loved as you remember I stated in another thread I'm a beach-boy wannabe! :lol:

Mill Creek is also re-releasing "Silk Stalkings," along with "Hunter," "Renegade," I think "21 Jumpstreet," etc... The first season on DVD for "S.S." from Mill is to be released on March 9th. I will be spending a lot of money on DVD sets that day, as the first seasons for "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" and "Matt Houston" are also scheduled for release! :o :)

Okay, dumb question I know--I've heard of it, but what is hulu.com? Is it a site where you download actual full episodes of shows and watch them? Just curious. :)

hulu.com is a site where you just watch shows.

The episode was "Ladies Night Out". It was just okay. :|

I've never found Chris to be attractive, and in this episode he was undercover as a male stripper. Horrible, horrible dancing! :shock: Goodness! I would have asked for my cover-charge back! :lol:
The case was a woman who owned the nightclub was being blackmailed as were her frequent female customers. The woman would set the women up with the dancers, have them go to a mansion and sleep with them, then this guy would blackmail the women for the tapes. One ended up murdered...the one who played the ex-wife of Eric McCormick's character.

Back to Chris - I know his looks (like Kitty's) has nothing to do with his doing a good job, but I just don't think the actor even suits the part from what little I've seen. It's just something odd about him that bothers me. I felt the same way about him when I'd see promos when the show was new, so that's another reason why I didn't take any interest in it. Rita seems/looks quite a bit older than he. Is she?

I didn't pick up any Hunter/McCall vibe within this ep, but of course it was just one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:50 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
The episode was "Ladies Night Out". It was just okay. :|

I've never found Chris to be attractive, and in this episode he was undercover as a male stripper. Horrible, horrible dancing! :shock: Goodness! I would have asked for my cover-charge back! :lol:
The case was a woman who owned the nightclub was being blackmailed as were her frequent female customers. The woman would set the women up with the dancers, have them go to a mansion and sleep with them, then this guy would blackmail the women for the tapes. One ended up murdered...the one who played the ex-wife of Eric McCormick's character.

Back to Chris - I know his looks (like Kitty's) has nothing to do with his doing a good job, but I just don't think the actor even suits the part from what little I've seen. It's just something odd about him that bothers me. I felt the same way about him when I'd see promos when the show was new, so that's another reason why I didn't take any interest in it. Rita seems/looks quite a bit older than he. Is she?

I didn't pick up any Hunter/McCall vibe within this ep, but of course it was just one.[/color]

I do remember the episode now...it was an okay episode, not necessarily one of the best but still okay. Not necessarily an Eric McCormick fan, so that's probably why I didn't remember him in an episode.

As for Rob Estes' looks...well, I'm a guy so of course I loved Rita (Mitzi Kapture) the best! ;) But, the character of Chris (Rob) was pretty cool--he had no trouble takin' down the bad guys (just like Hunter) if needed--especially if it meant saving Rita. He was considered a "hottie" during his run on the show--with the gelled "spiky" hair and the harsh 90's neon colored clothes that were in style at the time (and had replaced the pastels of the "Miami Vice" 80's). But, some women didn't like Fred Dryer back in the day either. To each his or her own!

As for the Hunter/McCall "vibe"--well, you can't really watch just one episode in the middle somewhere and get that "vibe" between the main characters. You couldn't just watch one episode of "Hunter" (if you weren't familiar with the show) and get that "vibe" or chemistry either. You have to start at the beginning (the first "pilot" episode of "Silk Stalkings" really shows and explains a lot) and go from there. The connection or "vibe" is there (as I'm sure Stephen J. Cannell purposely used the same "vibe formula" from "Hunter" and added it to "Silk"), you just have to watch! :) But, if you don't like Rob or Mitzi, then maybe the show's not for you. Believe it or not, there are both men and women that did not find Stepfanie Kramer attractive either, and didn't like "Hunter" because of that. :o Crazy, I know! :P

As for ages Mitzi Kapture is only one year older than Rob Estes...so not really a difference. Now, wild hair and makeup jobs were still popular in the early 90's, as they were a carry-over from the mid to late 80's. This might have made Mitzi's character (Rita) look a little older. But, older or not, she still was hot!! ;) :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:08 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
As for Rob Estes' looks...well, I'm a guy so of course I loved Rita (Mitzi Kapture) the best! ;) But, the character of Chris (Rob) was pretty cool--he had no trouble takin' down the bad guys (just like Hunter) if needed--especially if it meant saving Rita. He was considered a "hottie" during his run on the show--with the gelled "spiky" hair and the harsh 90's neon colored clothes that were in style at the time (and had replaced the pastels of the "Miami Vice" 80's). But, some women didn't like Fred Dryer back in the day either. To each his or her own!

I looked at some old pics of Rob. Nope...still don't get the attraction. He looks a liiiitle bit better since he's gotten older. I somewhat remember him on an episode of Law & Order:SVU. I don't recall if I liked the character or not. He probably played the villan, so I'm sure I wasn't fond of him. :lol:

I didn't think Fred Dryer was handsome or even cute during S1, but he grew on me. I didn't like the copycat situation of "Dirty Harry" as it seemed too fake. His dimples grew, he gained a few more muscles, the hair looked better, and Hunter's ego trips were shorter, so I liked him better. After a while, I started to think he was quite cute, especially when he smiled and make funny remarks. His being such a gentleman helped, too.

Quote:
As for the Hunter/McCall "vibe"--well, you can't really watch just one episode in the middle somewhere and get that "vibe" between the main characters. You couldn't just watch one episode of "Hunter" (if you weren't familiar with the show) and get that "vibe" or chemistry either. You have to start at the beginning (the first "pilot" episode of "Silk Stalkings" really shows and explains a lot) and go from there. The connection or "vibe" is there (as I'm sure Stephen J. Cannell purposely used the same "vibe formula" from "Hunter" and added it to "Silk"), you just have to watch! :) But, if you don't like Rob or Mitzi, then maybe the show's not for you. Believe it or not, there are both men and women that did not find Stepfanie Kramer attractive either, and didn't like "Hunter" because of that. :o Crazy, I know!
:P

Well, I wasn't into JAG at all...didn't even pay attention to the promos, but when I finally tuned in to see Harm and Mac together for the first time, I felt the vibe instantly. I can't even remember that first episode, but it worked. I was hooked! :)
Yes, I know some people didn't and don't find Stepfanie to be as attractive as some do. I know of one woman who would probably die for Fred, but she's not such a big fan of Stepfanie's.

Quote:
As for ages Mitzi Kapture is only one year older than Rob Estes...so not really a difference. Now, wild hair and makeup jobs were still popular in the early 90's, as they were a carry-over from the mid to late 80's. This might have made Mitzi's character (Rita) look a little older. But, older or not, she still was hot!!

Well, I guess it's the hair, makeup and clothes because she looks like she's pretty close to forty while he looks to be in his early thirties. :|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
I looked at some old pics of Rob. Nope...still don't get the attraction. He looks a liiiitle bit better since he's gotten older. I somewhat remember him on an episode of Law & Order:SVU. I don't recall if I liked the character or not. He probably played the villan, so I'm sure I wasn't fond of him. :lol:

I didn't think Fred Dryer was handsome or even cute during S1, but he grew on me. I didn't like the copycat situation of "Dirty Harry" as it seemed too fake. His dimples grew, he gained a few more muscles, the hair looked better, and Hunter's ego trips were shorter, so I liked him better. After a while, I started to think he was quite cute, especially when he smiled and make funny remarks. His being such a gentleman helped, too.

Well, I wasn't into JAG at all...didn't even pay attention to the promos, but when I finally tuned in to see Harm and Mac together for the first time, I felt the vibe instantly. I can't even remember that first episode, but it worked. I was hooked! :)

Yes, I know some people didn't and don't find Stepfanie to be as attractive as some do. I know of one woman who would probably die for Fred, but she's not such a big fan of Stepfanie's.

Well, I guess it's the hair, makeup and clothes because she looks like she's pretty close to forty while he looks to be in his early thirties. :|

Well, like I said, some women found both Rob or Fred attractive and some did not! :) As for Rob now, I think he looks a lot older with the shaved hair...but he's a fairly good actor--and has played a bad guy on a number of shows.

As for the "Dirty Harry" aspect to "Hunter"--I liked that! :lol: Probably because I'm a guy--and I love Clint Eastwood's "D.H." movie series, and l liked the TV version...which was "Hunter." Now, I also liked the slow but sure change of both Hunter and McCall over the course of the show--as I stated in another thread, this made them seem real and identifiable. Over time Hunter matured and handled things differently...but there was always still a little bit of Dirty Harry to him if needed, he just was Dirty Harry a little more professionally...and that was awesome! :thmbup:

As I said before...I've seen a few episodes of "JAG" and I never got the Hunter/McCall or Chris/Rita "vibe" at all :yawn: --therefore I never got into the show. But, like I always say--to each his or her own! :) Everyone has their opinions and likes/dislikes. My best friend is a girl I've known since college and she loves sitcoms...which I do not! :lol: But, we both enjoy TV trivia stuff and actually are both fans of "Hunter," as she watched it growing up too.

As for Rita (Mitzi Kapture) looking 40-- :o WHAT?? :yikes: LOL! :lol: I did and do not think she looks that old back then at all! Both her and Rob were in their late 20's when the show started in 1991. But, at 15 I thought Mitzi looked 25 or 26--and I was in love!!! :lol: I think it was the wild hair and makeup, because she was no where near 40 at the time--and the wild neon colored mini-skirts...hot, hot, hot!! ;) :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
As for Rita (Mitzi Kapture) looking 40-- WHAT?? LOL! I did and do not think she looks that old back then at all! Both her and Rob were in their late 20's when the show started in 1991. But, at 15 I thought Mitzi looked 25 or 26--and I was in love!!! I think it was the wild hair and makeup, because she was no where near 40 at the time--and the wild neon colored mini-skirts...hot, hot, hot!!

Late 20s? Are you serious?! Wow!
I just took a moment and looked her up on wikipedia and I found that's currently 47 years old, so yeah, she was pretty young at the time. Geez. :| Well, I do hope it was the hair and makeup, then, because she looked over 35 if not 40 to me.

I will also take into consideration that I've only seen one episode, so I may need to see her in others to see that her hair, makeup and clothes weren't always the same. The same reasoning of seeing only one episode goes for the vibe/connection I may feel and see of them if I watch others, but I don't think I'm in any hurry. I don't know which eps of JAG you watched, but the case may be the same for you. Then again, it's possible that you just flat-out don't like it, giving it another chance or not. There are some episodes of JAG that make people really realize wow much they belong together and how much like Hunter and McCall they are. Certain episodes really remind me of some Hunter episodes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:51 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Late 20s? Are you serious?! Wow!
I just took a moment and looked her up on wikipedia and I found that's currently 47 years old, so yeah, she was pretty young at the time. Geez. :| Well, I do hope it was the hair and makeup, then, because she looked over 35 if not 40 to me.

I will also take into consideration that I've only seen one episode, so I may need to see her in others to see that her hair, makeup and clothes weren't always the same. The same reasoning of seeing only one episode goes for the vibe/connection I may feel and see of them if I watch others, but I don't think I'm in any hurry. I don't know which eps of JAG you watched, but the case may be the same for you. Then again, it's possible that you just flat-out don't like it, giving it another chance or not. There are some episodes of JAG that make people really realize wow much they belong together and how much like Hunter and McCall they are. Certain episodes really remind me of some Hunter episodes.

LOL!! :lol: Yes, both Mitzi and Rob were in their late 20's when the show started back in '91. Mitz was I think 29, so I guess she was almost in her early 30's...but 40?? :o Naaa! ;) Rob, I think was 28. Maybe Mitzi Kapture just has that "look" that looks older to you? Some women are considered attractive but have that "older" classier look to them. However, I still don't get 40 from her...at least not then! Now that I'm in my early to mid 30s myself, I look back and can see maybe 30 to her...but at 15 then, I thought she was the hottest thing on TV ever! :lol: But, beyond that I truly loved the chemistry and definite "click" between her character of Rita Lance and Rob Estes' character of Chris Lorenzo--as it was very "Hunter-esk". I figure since Cannell produced both shows, he used the same idea and/or "formula" for both, because it worked! Yes, you'd have to watch several episodes of any show to truly start "finding" and understanding the characters. So......

As for "JAG," you're probably right. I don't remember which episodes I watched but the ones I did I just never got a "connection" or good chemistry between the main characters, as I did with Hunter and McCall and Chris and Rita. The show was kind of boring to me. But, (like you with "Silk Stalkings") I did not ever watch that many episodes...so as "JAG" went on, maybe it did get better with the main stars. I never really did like it, so I don't know if I really want to try and give it a chance now--as I don't want to spend $$$ on DVD sets if I'm not really going to get the same effect as I do from "Silk Stalkings" or "Hunter." But, you never know?? I love finding a show I used to like and/or "discovering" a new show I've never seen before--as I collect TV shows from all decades (1950's-Present)...mosly of a crime/mystery/detective/cop genre. Maybe sometime I'll give it another try. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 pm 

Recently Mill Creek has been re-releasing several Stephen J. Cannell shows that originally Anchor Bay started releasing aroun 5-6 years ago. Among those, one of the most popular is "Hunter." Other shows being re-released are "The A-Team," "The Commish," "Renegade," "Greatest American Hero," "21 Jumpstreet," etc...

Mill Creek did re-release the first season of "Silk Stalkings"--Cannell's second most popular show besides "Hunter", and I believe it was Cannell's longest running show...going for 8 seasons in all. Anchor Bay released the first 5 seasons, and a while back Mill Creek re-released the first season. Now, we just need the other 3!! ;)

"Hunter," "The Commish," and "Renegade" all have gotten/are getting COMPLETE SERIES DVD releases from Mill Creek! So, I'm seriously hoping more shows with that format are coming--especially "Silk Stalkings!!" According to an online review of the complete series release of "Hunter"...other shows from Stephen J. Cannell are coming from Mill Creek--in a complete series set! So, I'm hoping and praying! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:29 pm 

All 8 seasons of Silk Stalkings are now streaming via Amazon Instant Video for free for Amazon Prime members.

Including the not released to DVD Tom/Cassy years, seasons 6 through 8.

Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 am 

---------
WendyCR72 wrote:
All 8 seasons of Silk Stalkings are now streaming via Amazon Instant Video for free for Amazon Prime members.

Including the not released to DVD Tom/Cassy years, seasons 6 through 8.

Enjoy!

That's cool....all 8 are on hulu.com for free, too. However, not too long ago I found the 3 remaining seasons (6-8) on ioffer.com that someone had made DVD's from VHS's of original airings. The quality was pretty good for original airings and I am really glad to have and to finally see the other couple/duo stars of "Silk". I was a serious fan of the show, but when the original stars left in the sad and tragic way they did I was so mad I refused to watch the new stars. ;) So, I had never watched the last 3 seasons before.

Chris and Rita, along with Hunter and McCall, had some of the best on-screen chemistry for a TV show I've ever seen ("Scarecrow & Mrs. King" and "Bones" are also superb examples of this)! "Silk Stalkings" was the #1 rated and most popular cable drama while it was on...and I really wish whoever owns the rights would do a "complete series" release!

But, I'm greatful to have my bootleg DVD's of the last 3 seasons and I've made my own DVD covers to go with them. :lol: I don't think Tom and Cassy had the same chemistry or captivation that Chris and Rita did...but they were good and their seasons are fun to watch--except the last episode, the series finale! :x I'll leave it at that. :|

Oddly enough, both sets of main stars, or characters, had tragic and depressing exiting from the series. :( It appears to me they were planning on "Silk" coming back for a 9th season, and they would have resolved the frustrating way the 8th season finale left you hanging at the beginning of that next season...but the show was cancelled after season 8 and that was that. :roll:

They seriously need to do a "Silk Stalkings" reunion movie...and resolve the Tom and Cassy issue, as well as the true "treat"--have it where Chris didn't really die but had to fake his death and go into hiding in the witness protection program. However, now he comes out of hiding (along with Rita and their baby...who would now be around 17) and all of them join forces to help Harry and Fran (Capt. Lipschitz and his wife Franny) because someone is trying to kill Harry. Just an idea from a "Silk" fan. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail