It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silk Stalkings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 pm 

Sponsored Links

Another favorite duo was Chris and Rita on another Stephen J. Cannell popular crime/cop show "Silk Stalkings!"

Chris Lorenzo (played by Rob Estes) and Rita Lee Lance (played by Mitzi Kapture) were the 90's answer to "Hunter"---2 cops that are attracted to each other but decide to remain best friends instead! They had that same chemistry between each other that Hunter and McCall had, but they had wild fashion and colors too (as the show was also the 90's fashion answer to the 80's pastels of "Miami Vice") and was set in tropical location of Palm Beach!

The same formulas of "Hunter" and "Miami Vice" were integrated into this show that made it the most popular, most watched, and highest rated original cable series on TV!! With plenty of action, sex, suspense, crime, and the wild fashion of the steamy, seamy Palm Beach, Florida, "Silk Stalkings" was a huge hit! But, the best part definitely was how Chris and Rita were with each other!

Some shows have co-stars that get the lines right...but don't always have that "click" or chemistry together. So, those shows just don't make it, or don't make it as long or are not remembered much like "Hunter," "Miami Vice," and "Silk Stalkings" were/are!

Rather than just being listed here in the "Other Favorite Duos" section...Chris and Rita should be added to this site--along with "Hunter," "Jag," "X-Files," "Law & Order: SVU," etc...!!! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Silk Stalkings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:34 am 

I never got into this show. I tried...didn't like it. Maybe if I see it again....hmm...I still don't think so.

I added "JAG" about a year after starting the first forum because HATBC told me how much that H&M are like H&M of "Hunter". I finally tuned in after watching a few of her fanvids and I was hooked and had to add it to the list of featured shows.

We hardly have any discussion about the shows that are here, other than "Hunter". :|
HATBC and I discuss "JAG" (and "Army Wives"...featuring "JAG" star Catherine Bell) quite a bit, and we (plus one other member) used to discuss "SVU", but the started to grate on our nerves.
:roll:

Sponsored links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:56 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
I never got into this show. I tried...didn't like it. Maybe if I see it again....hmm...I still don't think so.

I added "JAG" about a year after starting the first forum because HATBC told me how much that H&M are like H&M of "Hunter". I finally tuned in after watching a few of her fanvids and I was hooked and had to add it to the list of featured shows.

We hardly have any discussion about the shows that are here, other than "Hunter". :|
HATBC and I discuss "JAG" (and "Army Wives"...featuring "JAG" star Catherine Bell) quite a bit, and we (plus one other member) used to discuss "SVU", but the started to grate on our nerves.

Hey, what can I say? I sure do know my H&Ms. :lol: My fanvids and I are very glad you got hooked! :lol:
Speaking of Army Wives, that section has been at a stand still since the hiatus. I need to do something about that!

And believe or not I actually posted at the SVU forum today!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:39 pm 

What other H&Ms do you know of that are like these? :?

I was thinking about the AW forum, too. I'm so anxious for the new season, but don't want to get much more excited because my nerves will be on edge with the countdown. :lol:

If you have new topics for AW, get them posted post haste!
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:50 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:

That's too bad!! I'm surprised you didn't like "Silk Stalkngs!" :o Chris and Rita were so much like Hunter and McCall (just with more fashionable clothes and a tropical location) that it was spooky--but awesome!! :thmbup: The actors had the same chemistry and relationship with each other that Fred and Stepf did, that Rob and Mitzi were the most popular cop-couple on TV in the 90's! But, as I've said before, to each his or her own!! :)

I never really got into "JAG" at all :| . Didn't really get the same click or chemistry, or whatever you call it, that Hunter and McCall...or Chris and Rita had. "SVU" was sort of okay (watched it a few times) but it was always so "dark", depressing, and sometimes "sick" with the plot and cases/victims they had to investigate that I didn't like it. I deal with "troubled" children and their families with my job so I don't really find that kind of stuff entertaining to watch on TV. :(

I'm a guy...so "Army Wives" does NOT even enter into my mind as being a show I'd find entertaining! ;) I've never watched it so I truly cannot say...but it seems like soap opera-like drama with the "drama queens" in a military situation. :lol: But, like I said before...to each his or her own! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:59 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
What other H&Ms do you know of that are like these? :?

I was thinking about the AW forum, too. I'm so anxious for the new season, but don't want to get much more excited because my nerves will be on edge with the countdown. :lol:

If you have new topics for AW, get them posted post haste!

Well, actually, I only know one other set of H&M....and that's in real life! My cousin Mark and his wife Hilary! :lol: You know the cousin I talk to on FB? It's her mom and step-dad. BUT they aren't really like these that much....well, Mark used to be in active duty in the AF and that's how he met Hilary years before they got married.....way before they even remotely considered dating. (It was FATE I tell you!)

Great minds, great minds! I'll try to think of something! All I have to say is, thank goodness it wasn't a major cliffhanger, cause I'd be going crazy over here!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 pm 

Hmm. Well, that set of H&M will work. They'd be closer to the AW group, wouldn't they? We don't have an AFW group, so... :lol:

I can't think of any H&Ms or any others (with such careers) in my family. If take more time, I might come up with something.

Yes, we must put these great minds to work!
Oooh, I know what you mean about the cliffhanger! Sheesh! :shock:
I guess we'd be scrambling for any form of a spoiler we could get. Yep...I'd be looking for something, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:46 pm 

Quote:
I never really got into "JAG" at all :| . Didn't really get the same click or chemistry, or whatever you call it, that Hunter and McCall...or Chris and Rita had. "SVU" was sort of okay (watched it a few times) but it was always so "dark", depressing, and sometimes "sick" with the plot and cases/victims they had to investigate that I didn't like it. I deal with "troubled" children and their families with my job so I don't really find that kind of stuff entertaining to watch on TV. :(

Just curious, but do you remember what season or who the partners were? Because Harm was partners with Meg and Kate in season 1 (on NBC) and they didn't really click. Well, maybe Harm and Kate did...but she was only in a few eps. Season 2 (on CBS) is when Mac came and, in my opinion of course, and things got better.

I watch SVU , but it's lost it's appeal to me. If I miss an ep, I don't really care. And yes, it certainly is dark and depressing and I can see why you would want to watch it as a form of entertainment!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:49 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Hmm. Well, that set of H&M will work. They'd be closer to the AW group, wouldn't they? We don't have an AFW group, so... :lol:

I can't think of any H&Ms or any others (with such careers) in my family. If take more time, I might come up with something.

Yes, we must put these great minds to work!
Oooh, I know what you mean about the cliffhanger! Sheesh! :shock:
I guess we'd be scrambling for any form of a spoiler we could get. Yep...I'd be looking for something, too.

Yes! They would be closer to the AW group! And you made me laugh because I remembered how CB promised she'd take a role that delt with the AF considering she's already played a Marine, Navy officer, and an Army Wife!
Yes, I guess my huge family pays off....lots of people have the same professions and yet there are still a great variety....and I can match them to my shows. LOL!

Speaking of cliffhanger....what was it?! I can't remember! All I know is it wasn't big! :|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm 

She somehow blends the part of a witch into it all. :lol:

Like yours, my family is huge, too with so many different professions, but still a lot of police officers...one detective. Quite a few school teachers, too. Come to think of it, I can match mine to my shows, too. Well, I don't know about relatives w/ Mulder and Scully's jobs, though I do have a friend who works for the FBI. :) She missed my cousin's wedding as a bridesmaid because of a high priority situation concerning the middle east around 20 years ago. :? She was all set to fly in from DC for the wedding, but about two days before, she had to cancel. :| It had been a long time...since college that she and my cousin had seen each other, too. Oh, well, when the FBI calls... :? 8-)
I have one other friend (a police officer) who plans to train for the FBI. She really wants to be involved in the business cases of UFOs. :shock:

The AW cliffhanger? Jeremy with the gun, and F&D hearing a gunshot as they were coming up the walkway to the house.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:57 pm 

HATBC wrote:
Quote:

Just curious, but do you remember what season or who the partners were? Because Harm was partners with Meg and Kate in season 1 (on NBC) and they didn't really click. Well, maybe Harm and Kate did...but she was only in a few eps. Season 2 (on CBS) is when Mac came and, in my opinion of course, and things got better.

I watch SVU , but it's lost it's appeal to me. If I miss an ep, I don't really care. And yes, it certainly is dark and depressing and I can see why you would want to watch it as a form of entertainment!

I saw a few sporatic episodes of "JAG" over the years it was on. Just didn't care for it...didn't hate it by any means, just didn't find that "nitch" or chemistry with the main characters that I usually like in a show. "SVU" is just too depressing for me, so despite a possible connection with characters, the subject matter unfortunately overrides that.

The reason I liked "Silk Stalkings" so much is they had that same chemistry and connection with the main characters that "Hunter" had had.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:06 pm 

Quote:
I saw a few sporatic episodes of "JAG" over the years it was on. Just didn't care for it...didn't hate it by any means, just didn't find that "nitch" or chemistry with the main characters that I usually like in a show. "SVU" is just too depressing for me, so despite a possible connection with characters, the subject matter unfortunately overrides that.

I agree about that "nitch" I have stopped watching shows because of the lack of that. I just couldn't seem to connect (i/e The Mentalist). I always loved JAG even when the chemistry wasn't that great early on, but I do have strong ties with the military in my family, so I'm sure that's some of the reason, too. On SVU, Benson and Stabler did have chemistry at some point, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. You aren't missing much at all.

Quote:
The reason I liked "Silk Stalkings" so much is they had that same chemistry and connection with the main characters that "Hunter" had had.

Fellow member, coffe4106 aka Holly, is a Silk Stalkings fan, I think. Hopefully, she'll come back soon, so you two can talk about it in more depth together! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:41 am 

HATBC wrote:
Fellow member, coffe4106 aka Holly, is a Silk Stalkings fan, I think. Hopefully, she'll come back soon, so you two can talk about it in more depth together! :)

Awesome, I hope she is still around or comes back! Thanks for letting me know. :)

I too do not watch as many shows anymore because all they focus on is "drama" and having the main characters screwing up their lives to supposedly achieve that drama. :roll: Even the crime shows become soap-operas after a while! :yucky:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:11 am 

There are far too many reality/date a celeb shows, too.

We need NineCastz (aka 9) to tell you about that. She haaaates them!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:07 am 

Yeah! We need 9 to come back!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm 

9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
There are far too many reality/date a celeb shows, too.

We need NineCastz (aka 9) to tell you about that. She haaaates them!

AMEN to that!!!! I HATE so-called "reality" shows...and I really don't like the date-a-celebrity ones either!! :yucky: Don't even get me started on these "garbage" type shows...I might go off on a tangent! :angry: :lol:

I'm glad someone else hates them too! In my opinion, the biggest insult to my intelligence is that these shows are anything BUT reality and/or real-life!! :roll: But some people are so ignorant to buy into that junk and believe all of it! 1234f

I prefer shows like "Hunter" or "Silk Stalkings!" :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:55 pm 

I think we have a few HBHB fans that like reality shows, so tread lightly. :?

It bothers me that so many great writers aren't getting any work...can't show off the scripts they have because of these shows.
:x

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:28 pm 

Reality isn't a favorite of mine, but there are a few that I like. A few of the ones on TLC and COPS, Speeders, and other shows like that are what I live for. Hahahaha. :lol: Well, that's carrying it away a bit. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm 

---------
HunterMan wrote:
Another favorite duo was Chris and Rita on another Stephen J. Cannell popular crime/cop show "Silk Stalkings!"

I saw it listed on hulu.com when I saw "Hunter" listed today.

I saw a thumbnail/screencap with Eric McCormick (of "Will & Grace"...a fave show!), so I started to watch that ep. I got into the first five minutes and had to stop and haven't gone back. It's still on pause so maybe I'll catch it soon. I just wanted to see Eric. I saw a short clip of him performing the art of fencing in the ep. He's so cute.
:)

Sponsored links

Profile E-mail