It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sickness/death in the family. Prayers, please. (11/09/09)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:22 am 
Site Admin

Hello, all.
I hope you and yours are well.

Quick note about something else that's been bothering me - -

I have a cousin, Ivan, who suffered an anuerism (sp) about three weeks ago and he's hanging on. He had to have a trach put in last week, he'll open and close his eyes on occasion and one day, did move his leg and two fingers a little when his sister talked to him, but he's still in ICU and not doing too well. His older sister died from one about three years ago, so you can imagine how the family feels.

My little Amauria's grandmother (Ken...as we call her for short, age 40) is really sick again. She's back in the hospital...hadn't eaten anything in days and her brother, (my cousin Shun) said this might be the time she'll leave us. We've thought that twice before during this year, but she hung on. They'll be putting a feeding tube into her, tomorrow. He said she's not able to talk, but I don't know if it's the cancer or if it's because she's too weak from not eating. He was pretty upset and I didn't want to ask too many questions.

I've been having those signs and dreams that I have of death for the past two weeks, and one of my good friends lost his dad last week, so I'm waiting to see what happens. It can be un-nerving. I knew it was coming...just wasn't sure of who and when, though I've worried and thought a lot about my cousin and my "sister", Amauria's grandmother.

I'm usually somewhat in the Thanksgiving and Christmas spirit by now, but it's just not happening. I think I'm overly tired from work and worry. Hopefully I'll snap out of it. :|

Anyway, please keep them and their families in prayer and thought. We'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edit/update (11/10/09) -

Amauria's grandmother, my "sister", Ken (Kennyetta) passed away last night/Monday.
My cousin Shun, called me around 9pm to tell me he'd gotten a call from the hospital and was told she'd passed. He was at work when the call came, and called me as he was driving from there to get to the hospital. I knew it was coming, and I guess I'm not really surprised or kinda shocked, so maybe that's why I've not cried. Oddly enough, I was standing front of my closet Sunday night and wondering what I'd wear to her funeral. :|

I know this will be very ******* Shun and his siblings as well as for Ken's kids, but maybe Shun will have a little less worry. He'd been so worried about Annie and Ken for months, and thank God, Annie is doing really well with her new heart medications. She's able to take care of Shuntear Jr. and baby Cynthia a lot better on her own. So, though Shun has lost his sister, his mind may finally be a bit clearer of worry. I hope so.

I'm still waiting on updates for my cousin, Ivan.

Thanks for "listening".

Last edited by lm_mccall_l57 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
To post of Ken's passing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sickness/death in the family. Prayers, please. (11/09/09)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 am 

LM I'm so sorry for your loss. Like you said, even though you're not terribly surprised, death is always a shock. I know what you mean about Shun not having so much worry. I'm praying for all of you and especially for your cousin as well. How scary to have had an anuerism. Is it hereditary?

My uncle has found out he's got esophagal (sp?) cancer and while it hasn't spread, it's still not looking very good. He's having his second bout of chemo this week so we'll just have to see how he responds. Please pray for him, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much, MM.

I still haven't shed a tear. When my aunt died suddenly in June, I cried immediately upon hearing the news and didn't cry again for several weeks, but I was also not feeling very well and missing my Mom, so I cried for both. I guess it'll hit me when it's time. I just know that my little Amauria is going to miss her "Ganny" so much. She's still very young (not two, yet), so maybe it won't be too ******* her. She may cry for her for a bit, you know?

I know that during Ken's illness, and the many times she was admitted into the hospital, Shun seemed to do okay, but there were times when he'd call me because he needed to vent. I'm so glad he did. He seemed fairly calm over the phone last night. When my Mom died, he was calmer than any of us, and on the night she died, and we got the call from the hospital, he met us there and stood at her bedside to say "goodbye" with my Gran, my brother and me. We were all crying, but he held on...even consoling me while I cried on his shoulder, and then consoled my Gran and my brother. He was like that for days, and I assume he was in shock. She was his "Mom", too, and he'd lost both of his parents about a year apart, six years before Mom.
Anyway, when the funeral was in progress, he completely lost it...cried his heart out...asking why....saying he'd miss Mom...saying he loved her, etc. He started to hyperventilate and had to be taken outside. Later, he said he felt better, but was very tired. He was drained like the rest of us. So, I fear that he'll go through the same thing when it really sets in that his sister has died. Of the six siblings, (he's the baby...she was the oldest) they were the closest, especially in recent years and after their Mom and his Dad (my uncle) died.

As for my cousin, Ivan, I've wondered too if this could be heriditary. :| I just don't know. Maybe I'll try to find out via the net. It's possible that there's some sort of problem and that it's not just a coincedence. I might need to mention to a family member that they should be examied, if they haven't already done so. My cousin (his Mom) was married twice, and had three kids by each husband. The daughter who died was from the first marriage, and Ivan and the other three are from the second. So, if it's herditary, it has to run on the Mother's side. :|

About your uncle. I'm so, so sorry to hear that he has esophageal cancer. It's a horrible, horrible thing. I'd never heard of it until my Mom was diagnosed with it.
I've already prayed for him and will do so again. I prayed that he'll have great doctors who can help him fight and win the battle.

Keep me updated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:20 am 
Site Admin

Her funeral is this Saturday at 1pm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 pm 

I guess everyone does their grieving in different ways and it hits everyone at different times. You know I'll be praying for you and your family and thanks so much for your prayers for my uncle. I didn't realize your mom died of that type of cancer. I'll let you know how he's doing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I'm very sorry to hear of all this heartache. How terribly sad. :( Everyone will be in my thoughts and prayers.

mm, your uncle will certainly be in my prayers as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

We do appreciate it, HATBC. Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:30 pm 

---------
Thanks for your prayers, HATBC, I appreciate it.

Profile E-mail