It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Season One
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
So, I dusted off my JAG DVDs this last week and of course I started with season one.

Season 1 was, obviously, almost an entirely different show. It's been sometime since we've had a JAG discussion, so I thought I'd post some of my thoughts here.

1) I love the Pilot episode. It has Harm in dress whites! Plus, Harm and Kate were truly a great pair. They were equally ranked, so it was all the more amusing to me.

2) I seem to recall having a conversation about "You know what the say about dress whites and gold wings" where we were trying to figure out what they *did* say. We've obviously had a pretty clear idea, but I don't remember if we ever figured out exactly what they said. Well, for the first time ever, I actually caught the remark in the Pilot. In one scene, Harm was talking to Kate and he said "You know what they say about dress whites and gold wings?" When she said "No" he replied with "They'll get you in bed anywhere!"

3) We know from a season 6 episode that Harm and Kate slept together. But in the show, it was never said *when* they slept together. If I had to guess, I'd say it was after the end of the Pilot. (Just watch the last 2 mins! You'll see what I mean!) Then in the second episode, Harm wasn't all too keen about working with Meg because he and Kate already had a (working) relationship.

4) Meg. Kate. Mac.
Obviously, Mac is my favorite. She and Harm had the best chemistry and tension out of any of the other two. Although, I really do like Kate. Like Mac, Kate wasn't afraid to stand toe-to-toe with Harm and call him out on things. There was also an element of humor between the two of them. Meg is another story. I liked Meg, but strictly as Harm's partner. Granted, they did have certain "shipper" moments, but the tension just wasn't there. I also don't think the show could have lasted another 9 years with her. Their relationship would have evolved more into a brother/sister relationship and I don't think that would have captivated the viewers.

Alright, enough of my rambling for now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Season One
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 am 
Site Admin

Why are you giving me homework? You're the one in law school! :lol:

I barely remember Meg and Kate w/o getting them confused. :lol:
I'll have to find time to watch the pilot and then some.

I decided to look up their photos online. I thought Meg was the blonde, and I was right. I couldn't picture Kate at all, but when I saw her photo, I remembered how she did give Harm a bit of a run for his money. Yep...she was a bit like Mac in that way.

From what little I remember of Meg, no, she and Harm wouldn't have made a good couple. They didn't have the right chemistry, and like you, I think it would have been more like a brother and sister type of situation. She was strong in her way, like when it came to work, I guess, but I can't imagine her going through what Mac went through. I don't mean the horrible personal things like the alcohol abuse, the ex-husband, etc. Come to think of it, I don't know if she'd be as strong through those moments, either. :| What I was trying to get at (taking all day) :oops: was that I don't see her handling the work-related events that Mac went through.....killing her would-be rapist/muderer for one. Plus, Mac had other advantages like being able to speak Farsi, being able to pass for Middle Eastern, she seemed more skilled in hand-to-hand combat, plus she had premonitions/ESP ability going for her.......and Harm. :)

I'm glad you caught that comment about the dress whites and gold wings. How naauughty, but cute. :lol:
He did wear the "whites" more then, didn't he? I'd forgotten. Flyboy in dress whites. Ahhhhh.
:mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am 

Why am I giving you homework? :? Hm. Once a teacher, always a teacher, I guess! ;)

Yes, Kate was more of a equal to Mac. Meg, not so much. You brought up several good points, and I agree, I don't think Meg would have been able to be strong in those moments. Meg was secure when it came to her work, but I feel like she was very insecure when it came to her personal life.

You brought up a good point about Mac and her premonitions! What would have happened to Harm in Adrift is Meg was his partner?! :o

Aw, yes. Early season Harm wore those whites so much more. I'm partial to the winter blues as well, but NOTHING beats the whites!

It was naauughhhtyy, but I'm sure it may have been true for Harm especially! :oops: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am 
Site Admin

I suppose you're right about the teacher situation. :lol:

Yes, I agree....the differences between how Meg handled her personal live and her career were not to be compared to how Mac handed hers. Hmm. I just realized that there are three letters for each of their nicknames, both starting with 'M'.

Oooh, I think Harm would have been out of luck in "Adrift", if depending on Meg to help the way Mac did. Eeek! :?

I agree that the winter blues are nice, too, but nooooo, nothing beats the dress whites. When he had that whisp of hair on his forehead, too...... oooh, goodness! :D ^019

Nothing wrong with there being some truth to Harm's naauughhhtyy quote when it comes to him. :oops: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 pm 

I wish there was an episode where Harm wore his dress whites for the entire hour...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm. If they were to make a JAG movie.... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:22 pm 

... that was my second thought!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

---------
Great minds...great minds. :lol:

Profile E-mail