The His Badge Her Badge Fan & Fan Fiction Forum

Featuring Hunter, JAG, Law & Order:SVU, and The X-Files
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: San Diego Blues – Prologue
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:03 am 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
---------
San Diego Blues – Prologue

Summary – When someone is out for Harm, he goes after what Harm loves the most … his family. While the Rabbs deal with the situation, they meet up with Lts. Rick Hunter and DeeDee McCall of the SDPD.

Rated – T

*Disclaimer – I don’t own “Hunter” or “JAG” this is just for fun.

A/N:. Let’s just pretend nothing after “The Promised Land” (8x02) ever happened. Harm and Mac figured things out during that ‘famous’ scene from ‘In Country’ (7x23) when they get trapped overnight in the minefield and Mac decides sleeping with Harm is better than sleeping with the scorpions (and yes, I do mean SLEEP, not what you might be thinking or wishing! :oops: LOL). Other than that, all you need to know is: Harm and Mac got married shortly thereafter; Harm remained in the Navy while Mac retired from the Marine Corp. Two years later Harm was transferred to the San Diego. As you can tell, this doesn’t really follow much of the JAG storyline. However, you might notice that a few events did (i.e. Bud and Harriet having more children, Mac’s endometriosis). And I apologize for anything else that is off. This was my first multi-chapter JAG fic, and my first crossover.

- - -
7 June 2008
1715 Local
San Diego, CA
- - -

“Mommy! Mommy!” a little girl called when she saw her mother’s tan Pacifica pull in the driveway.

“You’re home, Mommy!” the girl’s twin sister exclaimed.

“Hi, kiddos,” their mother greeted as she stepped out of her car. “Are you hungry?”

“Yes,” the twin four year - olds answered in unison.

“Okay. Let’s go inside and Mommy will make you something to eat.”

- - -

“Where’s Harm?” Mrs. Rabb asked the babysitter.

“Oh, he just called. He said that he was running a little late and that he’d try to get home ASAP. “

Sarah “Mac” MacKenzie - Rabb smiled, “Oh, I see. Would you mind helping me get Jennifer and Elizabeth ready for dinner?”

Chloe answered, “Sure, that’s no problem. They’re like my sisters.”

“Yeah. Plus it’s getting a little hard for me to run after them,” Mac said as she pointed to her growing belly. “That’s Harm’s job.”

Chloe laughed. “Lizzy! Jenny!” she called.

Mac watched as her two daughters ran to Chloe. They absolutely adored her.

Chloe had been staying with them ever since her dad was deployed to Japan again. Chloe missed her father terribly, but staying in a loving environment with the Rabbs helped ease the pain some.

“Gosh,” Mac thought. “I can’t believe Chloe will be graduating next year.”

Then Mac heard the door open and her husband call, “Honey, I’m home!”

Harm entered the kitchen and placed his briefcase on the island. Then he walked over to his wife and put his hands around her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck and greeted him with a kiss.

“How was your day?” Mac asked once their lips parted.

“Same `ol same `ol. You know how it is.”

“Yeah.”

“How was your day?”

“I won the Johansson case,” she stated proudly.

“You did?! That’s great!”

Mac smiled, “And I have my interview with the DA tomorrow.”

“You’ll do great!” Harm encouraged. “San Diego would love to have an ADA like you.”

“I hope so.”

“Don’t worry about it. How’s our little one?” he asked once he placed his hands on his wife’s stomach.

“Kicking up a storm.” Mac placed her hands over Harm’s, “You feel that?”

The smile on Harm’s face widened, “Yeah.”

Elizabeth and Jennifer interrupted the peaceful moment, “Daddy!” Jennifer squealed.

Elizabeth jumped up and down, “Hi, Daddy!”

Harm picked up his daughters and placed a kiss on top of their heads. “Anything interesting happen at school today?”

“It was da last day!” Jennifer answered happily.

“That’s right. No school for three months – And do you know what else that means?”

“What?” Jennifer asked with wide eyes.

“It means Grandpa AJ is going to come to visit.”

Jennifer’s eyes lit up, but Elizabeth’s smile turned into a frown.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Mac asked.

“I wanted to see Uncle Bud and Aunt Harriet,” Elizabeth pouted.

Harm tried to make her happy again by plopping his Navy cover on her head.

Elizabeth giggled.

“Maybe we can visit them next year,” Harm said.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Why not?” Harm looked up and saw Chloe coming back into the kitchen, “Hi, Chloe.”

“Hey, Harm!”

“Well, I guess I better start dinner,” Mac said.

“Um, Mac, you had a pretty long day … I think Chloe and I can handle making dinner.”

“Yeah, Harm and I can make dinner,” the teen agreed.

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yeah,” Chloe said.

“Of course,” Harm said.

“Okay, then I’m gonna go take a shower.” Mac left and headed for the stairs, “Oh, and don’t burn the house down,” she added.

Harm turned and looked at Chloe, “She doesn’t really think we’re capable of burning the house down ... does she?”

Chloe shrugged, “I don’t think so. But with her you’ll never know.”

- - -

Later that night, he sat in his car. He sat in the parked car across the street from the Rabb home and watched Commander Rabb, and his family eat dinner happily. He had it all worked out; and in a few short months Commander Harmon Rabb Jr. would be in for the biggest surprise of his life.

- - -

Profile E-mail