It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: reshoot Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:09 pm 

I found a fan`s video . In the end of this video, I saw a message that made me surprise." In 2009, it was announced that a movie adaptation is in development with a screenplay by Frank Lupo and Fred Dryer,to be directed by Frank Lupo.John Travolta would play Hunter and Jessica Alba will play DeeDee McCall."

Do you know it ? Is it true? I think it was a failed plan.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: reshoot Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

I think that a movie version with those actors in particular was just a rumor. I hadn't heard about it, but the only questioning of it that I found was posted two years ago on Yahoo Answers.

I seriously think that if it were true, SK and FD would have mentioned it someplace, though during one of SK's or Stephen J. Cannell's interviews, I think they said an idea for a "Hunter" movie had been talked about, but no mention of who would play the roles.
Since SJC is no longer with us, I don't know what ever became of the idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 am 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
That was interesting. I don't recall ever hearing anything about it before. I guess it makes sense around 2009 though because I think that was around the time of production for The A-Team movie. (Maybe?)

I don't know how I'd feel about John Travolta and Jessica Alba. At first I couldn't see it, but now that I thought about it...maybe...maybe they could have pulled it off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 am 
Site Admin

---------
I don't really feel them as H&M at the moment, myself, especially not Alba as McCall. Hmm. Maybe I just don't know enough about her and her work to be on that train.

I'd be totally lost in JT's gorgeous eyes, though! Whoo! Oh, and that smile! Goodness! :D

Why can't DJE play Hunter? :lol:
If CB were a 3-4 inches shorter, she could play McCall! :D
I could totally see that, and it would be a bonus to have a favorite duo from a favorite show portraying a favorite duo from a favorite show! :lol: :lol:

For those who don't know who DJE (David James Elliot) and CB (Catherine Bell) are, they the actors who played Harmon Rabb and Sarah MacKenzie on another of my favorite shows, "JAG". :D

Alright, I've thought of about it more while typing this up. Maybe...just maybe I could see JT as Hunter. As long as they don't make him go too far over the top. Don't bring the characters from Swordfish, The Punisher and Pulp Fiction. Whoa! :lol:
I've never seen all of Pulp Fiction, but have seen the other two. They're pretty good, and of those two, I thnk The Punisher is my fave.

Profile E-mail