It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Release Info for S1 DVDs of Scarecrow and Mrs. King
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:07 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Quote:
Time sure changes things, so I'm sure you're right about it. What will replace them and how much data will whatever it is hold? :?

Hmm. How much smaller will external hard drives be?

Oh, my. I bet they'll be the size of and MP3 player or an iPod! :o

Quote:
It seemed like I was buying a pack of floppy disk every week because they held so little. I remember being so frustrated at how quickly they'd fill up. :roll:

Me, too. Even buying them in bulk from offices stores or Sam's Club didn't seem to help.

Quote:
Good idea of saving the floppy disks. I might save some, along with discs because they won't be around after much longer, either.

Thank you. And I didn't even think about the discs! You know, I bet DVDs will be obsolete very soon, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Oh, my. I bet they'll be the size of and MP3 player or an iPod!

Probably so. I was looking at some at Wally World last night, and one was about the size of a standard envelope. That's pretty small compared to some of the others, and of course to when they first came out.I'm sure there are smaller ones at electronic stores.

Quote:
Me, too. Even buying them in bulk from offices stores or Sam's Club didn't seem to help.

I never bought any in bulk, but I'm sure I'd have been in the same boat as you...still never having enough. :|
I used to get good deals on them at Big Lots. They have good prices on items to start with, plus while my brother worked there, we got an additional 20% off. :) I miss those days. We'd even get the percentage on clearance items, which meant going overboard at times after Christmas.
:lol:

Quote:
Thank you. And I didn't even think about the discs! You know, I bet DVDs will be obsolete very soon, too.

So true.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:31 pm 

LOL!! :lol: We all had floppy disks at one point. I also first started saving my TV show pics and info...as well as my first fanfic stories to them. They filled up faster than my head could spin! I then went out and bought my first flashdrive...which filled up almost as fast with my pics and fanfics! I then realized you had to get flashdrives with more memory if you wanted to have all that stuff. ;) I actually have so many pics and show info that I have several flashdrives to hold it all :lol: .

I also have TONS of 8x10 pics (some autographed) and many 24x36 and 16x20 posters of several of the shows I collect--including "Hunter." I actually have an 11x14 original network promo photo that was given to the network for the first 1984 advertizment of the show. I also collect all the memoribalia (besides photos and the DVD sets) I can find for my shows, including: any boardgames, lunchboxes, TV Guides (cast on cover), toys, action figures, etc...

I usually like to display a show at a time and switch out after a while. Usually I'll display a show for about 2 months, then change it out to another one. I'm not as obsessed as it sounds, but it's a "darn" fun past-time and hobby! :)

However, one show I don't have much on (besides episodes on tape and DVD and an 8x10 cast photo for my TV Show wall) is "Scarecrow & Mrs. King!" I think there's some TV Guide covers out there but other than that, I don't know how much memoribailia was created for the show back when?? I'll have to see. If anyone knows of any, clue me in! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:39 pm 

Hi everyone,

I purchased Season 1 of SMK at Best Buy for $34.98.

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Karen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:49 am 
Site Admin

HunterMan wrote:
LOL!! :lol: We all had floppy disks at one point. I also first started saving my TV show pics and info...as well as my first fanfic stories to them. They filled up faster than my head could spin! I then went out and bought my first flashdrive...which filled up almost as fast with my pics and fanfics! I then realized you had to get flashdrives with more memory if you wanted to have all that stuff. ;) I actually have so many pics and show info that I have several flashdrives to hold it all :lol: .

I also have TONS of 8x10 pics (some autographed) and many 24x36 and 16x20 posters of several of the shows I collect--including "Hunter." I actually have an 11x14 original network promo photo that was given to the network for the first 1984 advertizment of the show. I also collect all the memoribalia (besides photos and the DVD sets) I can find for my shows, including: any boardgames, lunchboxes, TV Guides (cast on cover), toys, action figures, etc...

I usually like to display a show at a time and switch out after a while. Usually I'll display a show for about 2 months, then change it out to another one. I'm not as obsessed as it sounds, but it's a "darn" fun past-time and hobby! :)

However, one show I don't have much on (besides episodes on tape and DVD and an 8x10 cast photo for my TV Show wall) is "Scarecrow & Mrs. King!" I think there's some TV Guide covers out there but other than that, I don't know how much memoribailia was created for the show back when?? I'll have to see. If anyone knows of any, clue me in! :)

Which show started off your collection?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Karen M wrote:
Hi everyone,

I purchased Season 1 of SMK at Best Buy for $34.98.

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Karen

Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Which show started off your collection?

I'm sorry I haven't been checking the site recently...I've been so busy I barely have time for any internet...and when I do I'm so tired I end up "vegging" instead :lol:

Anyway, the show that started off my collection was "Charlie's Angels" when I was at college (around 1994). The show was on TNT and I started taping every episode I could. It actually took almost 10 years and at least 2-3 different networks before I actually achieved that goal! :shock:

However, during that same time other networks had other shows I loved and remembered on too--and I began taping those as much as I could as well...some of which included: "Hunter", "Wonder Woman", "Knight Rider", "Hart To Hart", "Vega$", etc...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for answering. I was just curious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:01 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Thanks for answering. I was just curious.

No problem! The funny part is by the time I finally finished getting several of these shows on tape--they started coming out on DVD! The amount of money I probably spent on blank VHS tapes over the years most likely surpasses the amount of money I've spent on DVD's so far! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, I know what you mean about those tapes. Thankfully, for a few years, my brother worked at Big Lots, and if you know of the store, you know they have really good closeout prices. They had tapes for like 80 cents each, plus I'd use my brother's employee discount for an extra 20% off. :D He left to become a police officer, and though I'm very, very proud of him, I do miss those discounts. :lol:

I can't remember which show started my collection...the collection I recorded from TV. I think it was "Charlie's Angels" or "Hunter", and then came "MacGyver". I love that show...love Richard Dean Anderson. :) I have a few with "The Carol Burnette Show", "Little House On the Prairie", and "Laverne & Shirley". My DVD recorded collection started off with "Fraiser", then "JAG" and "The X-Files".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 am 

I probably did not get any discounts on tapes! :lol: Most of mine were bought at Wal-Mart.

I loved "Little House On the Prairie" too...but in later seasons so many of the episodes were sad and depressing! :cry: I didn't like that, so I didn't watch much in later years. The early seasons are the best in my opinion. It's been years since I've watched that show...I'd like to see it again. The complete series is now available on DVD in a special customized Covered Wagon set. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

It currently airs weekdays on Hallmark channel; three eps back-to-back, 11am-2pm CST.

I don't know if I can say the eps got sadder or depressing in later years because there always seemed to be such moments off/on from the start.
I can say that I didn't like how many of the characters just "vanished" w/o a word, (Rev. Alden's wife, the African-American doctor and his wife, and others) and I couldn't stand that know-it-all Mr. Montigue who lived in Laura and Almanzo's boarding house. He makes me cringe and want to punch him in the neck!
:roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm 

I know this thread is pretty old but I just have to say I am a HUGE SMK fan! I would love to read some fanfic, so for you writers out there, don't let anyone's negative comments get you down. I so appreciate fanfic writers who take me back to my old favorite characters and let them live in my head long after they're gone from tv :)

Also, a question. How the heck do you hear about SMK fan events? I had no idea such a thing would still happen after so many years!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

It doesn't matter how old the topic is, it's still new to you. :)
I don't mind at all when someone brings up an old one.

I used to watch SMK all the time, but have never written fanfics for it. So far, I've only written for "Hunter", and would like to write some for JAG.

The person who posted the original message hasn't posted in ages, so I don't know if they'll come back to answer. I get news updates with Google Alerts. I've had it for several years and don't even remember how to go about getting it set up. I know that I chose my topics of interests and typed them in on the proper page, and when something new (sometimes not to new) comes up about SK, FD, or anything else I'd like to know of, I get an alert in my email. For example, when someone uploads a video on Youtube and uses SK's name in the tags, that allows Google to find it and then send it to those of us who want to know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 am 

Oooh, good idea! I'll have to set up some Google alerts. Thanks for the tip :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 am 
Site Admin

---------
You're welcome.

Profile E-mail