It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Release Info for S1 DVDs of Scarecrow and Mrs. King
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:56 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Just a heads up since I know a few people here liked the show...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Release Info for S1 DVDs of Scarecrow and Mrs. King
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'd like to have the collection one day.

Thanks for sharing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:58 am 

Sure, no problem.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:45 am 

I loved this show growing up and have a lot of the episodes taped off the former cable network PAX (now called ion), when they aired reruns back in 2000. A couple years ago I was also able to find a special homemade DVD set of the whole series off a website online! The episodes play fine, but they're very old Family Channel (the original Family Channel--not the ABC Family Channel that bought the original out) copies and the picture quality is not studio quality. But, the episodes are more than watchable, and I love having the set!

However, I'm extatic :D about official studio releases, as fans for several years have been trying to get Warner Home Video to start releasing the show! I just hope they release all 4 seasons and don't cut out on us like Anchor Bay did with "Hunter" and "Silk Stalkings!" :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm 

Well, I bought "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" First Season on DVD last Tuesday...3/9/10!! I can't wait to watch it. However, I'm currently in the middle of watching one of the other shows I collect. So, as soon as I'm done with that one, it's time for the soccor mom and the scarecrow! ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm 

I did love this show when it was on, but I enjoyed the later episodes over the earlier ones. I never liked how ditzy Amanda was at the beginning and how they used to just "put up" with her. She became more of an equal later on. Still, I'd love to see them all again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

HunterMan wrote:
Well, I bought "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" First Season on DVD last Tuesday...3/9/10!! I can't wait to watch it. However, I'm currently in the middle of watching one of the other shows I collect. So, as soon as I'm done with that one, it's time for the soccor mom and the scarecrow! ;)

Cool. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

michaelsmum wrote:
I did love this show when it was on, but I enjoyed the later episodes over the earlier ones. I never liked how ditzy Amanda was at the beginning and how they used to just "put up" with her. She became more of an equal later on. Still, I'd love to see them all again!

Hey, Sis.

I think we discussed this before. I think it was you. :?
:lol:

Nope, I didn't like "ditzy" Amanda too much, either.

Once she and Lee started dating, she became less ditzy, didn't she? Ah, gotta love love. :lol:

I was so glad when she was taken more seriously. Lee needed a great partner and he had one in her. I loved their story of romance. So sweet!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:22 pm 

Yeah, they had the character of Amanda King evolve and mature over time. I kind of liked that...I didn't care too much for the ditzy part of her at first either...but she was more ditzy with spy and espionage stuff, which would be somewhat realistic. She was an awesome mom! :lol:

But, over the 4 years/seasons the show was on (before Kate Jackson developed breast cancer and they had to cancel the show so she could recieve treatment) they had Amanda mature some and be able to handle being a mom and a spy. I really liked how they had her and Lee's (Scarecrow's) relationship evolve and develop too!!

I wish after Jackson had gotten treatment they would've at least come back with one last 2-parter to end it. But, didn't happen! :| A reunion movie would be nice...but sadly co-stars Mel Stewart ("Billy Melrose"--Scarecrow and Amanda's boss) and Beverly Garland ("Dotty West"--Amanda's mother) have since passed away: Stewart in 2002 and Garland in 2008. :( But, they could still reunite Lee, Amanda, her sons, and Francine!! Just a hopeful wish. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, if they can make episodes of "Hunter" w/o Charles Hallahan, I'm sure they can make some S&MK episodes/movies. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:08 pm 

Hi,

I'd likee to get the first season of SMK on DVD.

I loved the show, still do, but have poor quality VHS
episodes with commercials.

I wrote fanfic for SMK for awhile. I stopped because of
one particular critic on fanfiction.net. When I go back
and read some of those 30 plus stories, I can see the
places for improvement. I should never have stopped
writing because of non-constructive crtticism.

But getting back to even that place is hard and I'm
still dealing with that issue.

I didn't particularly care for the ditsy Amanda in the beginning.
I hated Francine and her vindictiveness towards what she
called "the common housewife".

But, that housewife, besides being innocent and naive, was also a
compassionate, caring individual. She generally was outgoing and
loving towards people. The complete opposite to Scarecrow.
Theirs was fantastic chemistry from the beginning.

When she lost that naviete and became a lot more professional
and the love was obvious between the two, the show may have started
losing popularity.

I didn't think the two stars were talking to each other, or at least
Kate wasn't talking to Bruce. I hope I'm wrong.

There was some effort to have a reunion show, but I thought that
fizzled. There is also a large fan site which has a lot of members
I belong to passively, not by choice.Wicklowplace, one of the
Yahoo groups.

I need feedback and opinions.

Karen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:27 am 

Karen M wrote:
Hi, I'd likee to get the first season of SMK on DVD. I loved the show, still do, but have poor quality VHS episodes with commercials. I wrote fanfic for SMK for awhile. I stopped because of one particular critic on fanfiction.net. When I go back and read some of those 30 plus stories, I can see theplaces for improvement. I should never have stopped writing because of non-constructive crtticism. But getting back to even that place is hard and I'm still dealing with that issue. I didn't particularly care for the ditsy Amanda in the beginning. I hated Francine and her vindictiveness towards what she called "the common housewife". But, that housewife, besides being innocent and naive, was also a compassionate, caring individual. She generally was outgoing and loving towards people. The complete opposite to Scarecrow. Theirs was fantastic chemistry from the beginning. When she lost that naviete and became a lot more professional and the love was obvious between the two, the show may have started losing popularity. I didn't think the two stars were talking to each other, or at least Kate wasn't talking to Bruce. I hope I'm wrong. There was some effort to have a reunion show, but I thought that fizzled. There is also a large fan site which has a lot of members I belong to passively, not by choice. Wicklowplace, one of the Yahoo groups.

I need feedback and opinions.

Karen

Karen,

That's awesome that you were writing "SMK" fanfic stories!! Don't ever let any moron try to destroy what ideas you may have! If some idiot doesn't like it, then he/she can stop reading it. Jeez, simple solution. ;) But I completely understand being harrassed or treated like garbage on a fansite...I too was treated this way and ended up leaving a "Charlie's Angels" fansite. I've since joined another more positive one. I too love to write when I have time (which isn't often) and I have written both a "Hunter" and a "Charlie's Angels" reunion fanfic.

I also have the complete series that are very old reruns on homemade DVD's of "SMK" that I got off ioffer.com a year or so ago. I also have many episodes on VHS tapes, taped off the old cable network PAX (now called ion) from 2000.

As for reunions--there has been some of the cast! In 2000 at a "Fan Club" weekend event Bruce Boxleitner was sent and read a letter from Kate Jackson: ["Hi big fellow! Sometimes when you put two people in front of a camera magic happens...not often but when it does watch out! There seems to be the general concensus of opinion that it happened between a couple of characters named Lee and Amanda. A quirky two-some to be sure. Not your ordinary everyday run-of-the-mill couple. Rather an obvious pro anda fish out of the water sort of thing, that makes a great time for those who watched--as well as, and speaking for this half of the couple, for those who did what the watchers watched! And look at what's happened...I'm off on an Amanda riff just thinking about her and remembering how nice it felt to stand there next to you, or rather Lee. It's hard to tell sometimes where we left off and they started, if you get my drift. Anyway, they were magic and so are you! So, it's me, Katie, sending you a big hug and kiss. (Note will the reader of this letter please deliver said hug and kiss! Laughter!---Katie."]

I know it's said that Kate Jackson was always tough and hard to get along with on the sets of her shows...so who knows? I'm sure they fought or argued, but they still made it work! She obviously harbors no ill wills towards Bruce by her above letter. In 2001 at another Fan Club event cast members Bruce Boxleitner, Martha Smith, and Greg Morton reunited for the first time since the show!! They signed autographs and discussed their memories of the series with fans. In 2003 at a special 20th anniversay convention of "SMK" cast members Bruce Boxleitner, Martha Smith, Paul Stout, Beverly Garland, Myron Natwick, and Joseph Brutsman reunited to talk about their memories of the show. Kate and Greg Morton were not able to be there.

Kate in recent years once was asked if she would ever consider a "SMK" reunion movie and she stated she would love to do one. We can hope! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm 

HunterMan,

That's great! I'm so glad to hear that!

Karen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

HunterMan wrote:
As for reunions--there has been some of the cast! In 2000 at a "Fan Club" weekend event Bruce Boxleitner was sent and read a letter from Kate Jackson: ["Hi big fellow! Sometimes when you put two people in front of a camera magic happens...not often but when it does watch out! There seems to be the general concensus of opinion that it happened between a couple of characters named Lee and Amanda. A quirky two-some to be sure. Not your ordinary everyday run-of-the-mill couple. Rather an obvious pro anda fish out of the water sort of thing, that makes a great time for those who watched--as well as, and speaking for this half of the couple, for those who did what the watchers watched! And look at what's happened...I'm off on an Amanda riff just thinking about her and remembering how nice it felt to stand there next to you, or rather Lee. It's hard to tell sometimes where we left off and they started, if you get my drift. Anyway, they were magic and so are you! So, it's me, Katie, sending you a big hug and kiss. (Note will the reader of this letter please deliver said hug and kiss! Laughter!---Katie."]

Nice letter.

Thanks for sharing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 pm 

No problem! :) I came across that letter about a year ago by accident, and I thought it was so cool that I added it to my own "SMK" file.--Weird or not, I keep my own files for fun of all the shows I collect. :lol: Goofy I know.

I just hope that Warner Home Video releases the other 3 seasons to DVD! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping files isn't goofy. Well, not to me. :lol:

I've known several fans of the shows featured here to do that. I've been known to save a few things, too. Some of it really comes in handy for getting information out, asking the celebs a question, as well as helping to write fanfiction. Well, at least for me. I find inspiration in many places. :lol:

I printed off a copy of an email from Fred, and I plan to print copies of all I've gotten from Stepfanie. Hopefully, I'll have them, and autographed photos for years to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:07 pm 

Not strange for me either!

I have a ton of disks with files for JAG especially - I was really getting into all of the technology/saving things during it's run, so I've accumulated a lot. I think I have 10-15 CD-Rs! (Well, they were on floppy's a one point and there were just to many. I was really excited when the first CD burner computers came out!) Yikes! :? :oops: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Floppy disks! OMGosh! I forgot I even have those. :lol:
I saved my first Hunter photos and fanfics to floppy disks. I still have them, too. They're in the den with my desktop computer, which is still being neglected by me. Poor computer.

Oh, and I also have hundreds of photos for each show, several clips saved on CDs and DVDs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:32 pm 

I had to kiss my floppy disks goodbye a few years ago when I got a new computer with out the drive. The ironic part is I was sad to see them go! :lol: I did save a few so maybe one day I could show my kids and be like "You know how flash-drives can hold x amount of GBs of info, well years ago we had these disks and they only held 2.8MBs! (I think?)"

Who am I kidding? The flash-drives will probably ancient history by then, too!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 am 
Site Admin

---------
Ooh, I hadn't thought about that when it comes to flash drives. Geeez! :shock:

Time sure changes things, so I'm sure you're right about it. What will replace them and how much data will whatever it is hold? :?

Hmm. How much smaller will external hard drives be?

It seemed like I was buying a pack of floppy disk every week because they held so little. I remember being so frustrated at how quickly they'd fill up. :roll:

Good idea of saving the floppy disks. I might save some, along with discs because they won't be around after much longer, either.
:?

Profile E-mail