It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One of my favorite aunts died, yesterday.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:17 am 
Site Admin

Hello, all.

I thought it was bad enough that I was so saddened by the loss of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I was in for a major shock about an hour after hearing of Michael's death.

I'm asking you to keep our family in your prayers. One of my favorite aunts, Alver, (one of my grandma's sisters) died suddenly early Thursday morning. She was in her mid 70s, but still "young". We had no warning as she'd been doing fine. Nothing more than high blood pressure, but always kept under control very well with meds.

My grandma called with a trembling voice and said "I have some bad news about Alver". I panicked, but thought she was very sick. When she told me she was dead, I broke down and my heart was pounding so hard. I couldn't even talk, so I told her I'd have to call back, but she didn't want me to hang up because she was worried about me being so upset. I called and told my brother when I calmed down a bit, and I broke down again. He was worried about me and my Gran and didn't know what to do. He said he paced around the house wondering who he should check on first. I told him I'd take something to help settle my nerves and would lie down, so he went by Gran's house while I rested. I was a bit calmer after an hour and went to my aunt's house with my cousin Sabrina (Alver's granddaughter) and my Gran. We sat with the family for several hours, and I'll go back tomorrow to try and help with the arrangements. It's got everyone torn to bits. My cousin and her family, and my brother and his family-to-be have hotel reservations set for their seperate trips out of town for a few days. Sabrina will be back on Monday, but my brother's vacaction is set through July 2nd. They've been planning it for two years and don't want to disappoint his soon-to-be daughter by staying home, and he doesn't want to upset the family by not being here, so I don't know how that'll play out. :|
We have to wait for family to travel from several different states across the country, so I don't think the funeral will be too soon.

We don't know the cause of death, yet, but one of her sons found her on the floor, already dead, after breaking in the door when she didn't answer. From the way he found her, she'd gotten up from the sofa and fell backward onto the floor with her head resting on the sofa's seat cushion. I can't imagine the horror he must have felt. :cry: :cry:

I just spoke to her the day before she died. She called to see how I was doing health-wise and to tell me she was going to come visit me in the next few days and bring me a gift. She always tells me she loves me, but she said it several times during our chat, and she always calls me "niecey". She did so as we chatted, but before hanging up, she called me by my name and said - "I love you. Remember that I'll always love you, okay?" I told her that I knew she loved me, that I loved her and that'll I'll always know she loves me.
I guess she was saying goodbye. You just never know what life is going to throw at you.

I'd had a sign/vision about her just a couple of days ago, and though it wasn't good, I didn't think the worst because at that moment, she wasn't the main focus. But....I heard myself say "Aunt Alver will be the first to die." I don't know why I was thinking of all the sisters (they have one surviving brother), and that she was going to be the first to go of the remaining. My grandma is 81....the oldest, but I was just focused on aunt Alver.

So, if you will, please for us. My cousin, her daughter, is like a sister to me and when she and her family arrived, she grabbed me in a very, very tight hug and just cried. :cry: I kept telling her that God will get her through it and that her family will too because we all love her and the entire family. She and her husband are both church pastors, so I'm sure they'll turn to their faith for comfort.

Still...we need your prayers.

I'm just exhausted, but when I get still and try to relax, I start to cry, so here I am after 2am. I'm going to take a sleeping pill and try to get some rest since I have to try to help out tomorrow.

Thanks for listening and supporting.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: One of my favorite aunts died, yesterday.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:12 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I am very, very sorry to hear about this. How awful and painfully sad! :cry: It must be extremely hard right now. I was very young when my favorite aunt died, but that didn't make it any easier and I still miss her very much.

My uncle found my grandma, much like your aunt's son found her, when she died. He just got off his shift and he called my grandma to check in. He got worried when she didn't answer, so he drove by her house. It was all closed up and only 8pm. He knocked on the door and rang the bell, but she didn't answer. Since he didn't carry the keys to her house with him to work, he ended up kicking the door in as much as he could. As I recall, it was a very heavy door and I think the deadbolt was on so he couldn't pry it open enough to get inside. He didn't want to risk shooting it, so he broke in the window. He looked all around the house and didn't see her, but her car was there. Eventually, he went up to her bedroom...and there she was. She went to bed the night before and never woke up. :cry: :cry: The ME or whoever said she had a heart attack sometime during the night, they think she slept right through it, but they were never able to pinpoint the time.

I think your prediction-thing much have been very scary. If that happened to me, I would have been terrified.

I hope your brother could come to a conclusion w/o too much trouble and that everyone involved will understand.

It looks like you have great family support right now, and your HBHB family is here for you, too.

Hang in there and we're here when you need us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:33 pm 

LM,

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a great lady!

Keep the Faith!

Karen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:40 am 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:
I am very, very sorry to hear about this. How awful and painfully sad! :cry: It must be extremely hard right now. I was very young when my favorite aunt died, but that didn't make it any easier and I still miss her very much.

My uncle found my grandma, much like your aunt's son found her, when she died. He just got off his shift and he called my grandma to check in. He got worried when she didn't answer, so he drove by her house. It was all closed up and only 8pm. He knocked on the door and rang the bell, but she didn't answer. Since he didn't carry the keys to her house with him to work, he ended up kicking the door in as much as he could. As I recall, it was a very heavy door and I think the deadbolt was on so he couldn't pry it open enough to get inside. He didn't want to risk shooting it, so he broke in the window. He looked all around the house and didn't see her, but her car was there. Eventually, he went up to her bedroom...and there she was. She went to bed the night before and never woke up. :cry: :cry: The ME or whoever said she had a heart attack sometime during the night, they think she slept right through it, but they were never able to pinpoint the time.

I think your prediction-thing much have been very scary. If that happened to me, I would have been terrified.

I hope your brother could come to a conclusion w/o too much trouble and that everyone involved will understand.

It looks like you have great family support right now, and your HBHB family is here for you, too.

Hang in there and we're here when you need us.

That's a very sad situation that you all had, too. I'm sorry.

Yes, it's quite rough on us all. I spent several hours yesterday trying to get things in order. I got a lot less done than I wanted, but at least I got started. My cousins are basically numb and aren't up to helping set things up, much. I can understand that...especially for my cousin who found his Mom. I guess each time he walked into the living room since it happened, he's just out-done. I still have a lot of phone calls to make, but I did manage to get the date and time set for the service with the pastor. It'll be on Thursday at 1pm.
Several family members, not just my brother, needed more time, so all agreed to Thursday. So, my brother will be back on Wednesday evening in time to rest for the funeral the next day, and my cousin from Cali will fly in on Tuesday, I think, and others will be here on Wednesday....coming from Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, etc.

When I have this visions, prediction, signs, etc., I wish I could know exactly how to keep horrible things from happening, though I believe I did before - - I'm sure I told you about how I may have saved my brother's life when he was a kid because of vision. A car was out of control and crashed on the very street he'd planned to ride his bike on to go visit our great-grandmother. He thought I was being silly and didn't pay me any attention, so I pleaded with my Mom to keep him from going.. My Mom told him not to go on that particular street and he didn't. When we found out about the car crashing just where I'd seen in my vision, my Mom knew then that I had a "gift". It's very scary at times. I wish I could stop all the bad things from happening, or at least get help to someone before it's too late. :cry:

I really appreciate the support from you and all the HBHB family.

I'll update when I can.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 am 
Site Admin

Karen M wrote:
LM,

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a great lady!

Keep the Faith!

Karen

Thank you, Karen.

Yes, she was a trip. You knew you'd be cracking up at something silly she'd do or say within minutes of being around her. She always liked making people laugh. She had a great laugh, too. She'd do sort of a Aaacck! at the start of a good laugh, and when she knew we'd gotten a great laugh from whatever she'd done, she'd say "Well, we'll leave that alone for now!" I loved that! :lol: I'll miss hearing that from her.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:54 am 

LM I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It is never easy to deal with the death of someone you love, whether expected or not. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sending u a big hug. ((((hug))))

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Clare. I appreciate it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:41 pm 

LM I'm so sad for you - what a horrible time of loss for you and your family. You are most definitely in my prayers and please look after yourself - I know it can't be easy right now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, MM.

Yes, it's been really rough. I'm still very tired. I know I need to slow down, so hopefully, now that the service is over (yesterday), I can start to rest. My cousins want me to help them with the 'thank you' cards, but those can wait for at least a week.

I still feel that I need to cry more. I didn't cry at the funeral, though I felt I needed it. I just sat there, feeling drained, watching and listening. Well, half-listening. My mind was wandering...thinking and worrying about my family. I was seated with some of my cousins behind my aunts sisters, children and grandchildren, so it was easy for me to see and hear how broken up they were. :cry: Maybe I've cried enough for now. Maybe I'm just needed to rest and settle my nerves. I don't know. :| I do know that the service was very nice and everyone was very pleased with how I arranged the obituary and helped them with the plans. I'm happy to have been able to help them.

I need to update you on something, so check your email. It won't be a long one. I promise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:16 pm 

I'll keep an eye on the email - I hope you are getting that rest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks. Still not resting like I should. Today's been a rough one. The month of July.....you know what I mean. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:50 pm 

Hang in there, friend. ((((LM))))

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:56 pm 

Hope you're ok LM, July is not a good month for me either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:25 am 
Site Admin

michaelsmum wrote:

Thanks for the hug, MM.

Your avatar made me smile a little.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 am 
Site Admin

clare wrote:
Hope you're ok LM, July is not a good month for me either.

I'm sure as time goes on I'll do better.

Yes, I understand that it's tough for you, too. Be strong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:49 am 

Am trying not to think about it too much, think it helps to keep busy. U stay strong too. xx

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

I guess keeping busy helped me some, when I first found out about my aunt. After the funeral, I was still numb. Yesterday, watching the memorial service for Michael Jackson, I started to get so emotional over his loss, and of course I started thinking of my aunt, my Mom (her b'day is the 21st) and someone else special to me that I lost. A couple of days ago, I listened to two songs that usually make me cry when I need to. I shed a few tears, but still felt overwhelmed. I think MJs memorial helped to provide more of a release for me.

You know how to reach me if you need to vent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:28 am 

Thanks LM, I hope you will contact me if you need to vent too. xx

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:03 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:52 am 

---------
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
michaelsmum wrote:

Thanks for the hug, MM.

No problem. I'm always here if you need a virtual hug. :)

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Your avatar made me smile a little.

Only a little? LOL! I'm glad it made you smile. :D

Profile E-mail