It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Shows
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:56 am 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love the leaves, the pumpkins, the fall scented candles and soap, the and the pumpkin and salted caramel drinks from Starbucks!

Granted, I also like fall because many of my favorite shows return, and because it's also when we learn about what shows are in the works and have the potential to air next summer.

I just read an article that listed the three shows TNT has in the works and they all seem pretty interesting.

So, I thought I should post the article here in case you may be interested, too.

Quote:
TNT has ordered pilots for three scripted drama series: King and Maxwell, a new scripted drama based on bestselling author David Baldacci‘s popular private-investigator characters; Legends, a suspenseful, action-packed drama based on a novel by Robert Littell; and Trooper, a Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama about a divorced mother of three working as a state trooper.

TNT now has four scripted pilots heading into production. In July, TNT ordered a pilot for the action-packed drama series The Last Ship, based on the popular novel by William Brinkley and executive-produced by Michael Bay.

The following are descriptions of TNT’s three new pilots:

KING AND MAXWELL
King and Maxwell follows Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, who aren’t the typical pair of private investigators. Both are former secret service agents, and their unique skill set (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) often gives them a leg up on suspects and conventional law enforcement.

King and Maxwell is adapted from characters created by bestselling author David Baldacci. The pilot is being produced for TNT by CBS Television Studios and Shane Brennan Productions, with Shane Brennan (NCIS, NCIS: LA) as executive producer and Karen Spiegel (Absolute Power) and Grant Anderson (Third Watch) as producers. Baldacci serves as a consultant on the project.

LEGENDS
Legends centers on a deep-cover operative named Martin Odum, who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. But his own identity comes into question when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t who he thinks he is.

Legends is based on a book by master spy novelist Robert Littell. It comes to TNT from Fox 21, with Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24), Jeffrey Nachmanoff (Traitor, The Day After Tomorrow), Alexander Cary (Homeland, Lie to Me) and Jonathan Levin (Charmed) serving as executive producers.

TROOPER
Trooper is a compelling procedural drama about a recently divorced female state trooper who is as unconventional at work as she is at home raising her three kids. Her partner on the job is a widowed father who has a much more by-the-book approach to policing.

Trooper comes to TNT from Jerry Bruckheimer Television in association with Warner Horizon Television, with Jerry Bruckheimer (CSI series, Without a Trace, Cold Case) and Jonathan Littman (CSI series, Without a Trace, Cold Case) serving as executive producers. KristieAnne Reed (Dark Blue) is co-executive producer. The script is by Aron Eli Coleite (Heroes, The River).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Fall Shows
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

King and Maxwell sounds like a blend of Mulder and Scully, while Trooper reminds me of what Pamela's life may have been like if AW had gone ahead with the spin-off.

:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Shows
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:49 pm 

King and Maxwell sounded like something I may enjoy.

Legend didn't sound like it was my cup of tea.

At first I didn't think Trooper would, but it might be worth it to tune in. Usually, in most male/female partnership cop shows it the man who goes against the rules and the woman who is by the book. So, this may have potential.

I didn't even connect it with Pamela's spin-off may have been like. That's so true! It could be a Boone/Pamela relationship. (Even though it took me a while to like the man!) Considering they wrote Pamela and Chase of the show, I the spin-off would have been appropriate and could follow their lives in CA!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

I like some sci-fi, but I don't know if I'll like Legends, either. If I think of it, I may tune in just to see what the deal is.

I couldn't think of Pamela's partner's name. Thanks. :lol:
I wanted to punch him in the face at the start, but he did act as if he had a little sense as time went on. LOL!

Yes, it may have been interesting to see Pam and Chase in Cali. It would have been a bit nicer to have their AW friends visit them, so we'd see them on both shows. :)

Speaking of AW, I guess there's some much needed discussion in that section of the forum, considering how the season or series ended. Geeez.
:|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 pm 

That is so true! AW had so many potential story lines when the sent Pam & Chase off to Cali!

That finale...oh. yes. It warrants a discussion later!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Yep.

I'm looking forward to the discussion.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:01 pm 

UPDATE:

Catherine Bell will be in a few episodes of King and Maxwell this July!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 am 
Site Admin

Hmm.

Remember CB's TNT TV movie where she played an FBI agent? I think it was FBI. Before reading the article, I wondered if that character could somehow be connected to "King and Maxwell". I don't guess it is. :?

There I go with the letters, again. CB, TNT, TV, FBI. :lol:

Thanks for sharing! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:33 am 

You're welcome.

You know, that was actually a very interesting thought. I don't remember much about the movie, but I do remember that it was good. Didn't her character date her partner or fellow agent or something? If so, it would have been very interesting if they broke up and actually crossed paths again in this show. Maybe you should make a career move and starting writing some shows!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am 
Site Admin

---------
Thank you. :)

Yes, if memory serves, she and her partner did date and broke up before that big case came along.

I agree that it would be interesting to see them cross paths, again. If they would somehow do so in this movie.... :?

I should make a career move and start writing shows? Aww, thanks! :D
Wish I could. I guess I would if I knew I'd be successful!
:lol:

Profile E-mail