It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Myers House Model--From 1978 "Halloween"!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:54 pm 

I don't know what's going on with my photos?? :x They are always there when I post them, and I checked all last night before going to bed. Now by the next day, all of a sudden they're gone! :roll: Your "Hunter" pic is still there...I don't know ?? It seems to know what pics are mine and refuses to let mine stay. :|

Are there certain kinds of pictures that this forum won't allow or something? But, like I said they show up and are there for quite a while after posting them, before they "disappear". The pics were sent to my email by the guy...I just copied the properties and posted them here under the image thing--like I've always done with every other pic I've posted on this site. But, does copying them from an email account matter in some way??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Posting the image code and using the img button is probably the issue.
I never use that. I tried using one of those buttons for something when I first opened the forum and it didn't work. I think it was the "flash" button to add/embed videos. Back then, I was able to embed them by getting codes from image/video hosting sites and posting those here.

As for my adding photos here....

I always add my images by clicking "browse", finding and adding my image from my files, then clicking "add the file" at the bottom of the message box. Try that and see what happens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 am 

Thanks for better ideas on posting images! Okay, let's see if this works. The image is showing for me now...but then the others also did too. I guess I'll see if it's still there by tomorrow or not. If the image stays, it's a full frontal pic of the finished model, and if it stays I'll then add more pics to show different sides/back of house/and with the lights on:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:32 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

I can see the photo just fine, and the house looks really good.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 am 

The photo finally stayed for once! :) Here are some other pics...comments of what they are are stated above each pic:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 am 
Site Admin

Very nicely done. :)
Have any of the "creepy lighting" showing up with the lights off inside the room of your own home?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:21 pm 

If you mean do I have any pics of the model with its lights on, in the dark (so it shows up better)...I do have one he sent me. I don't have the house yet...he's not shipping it until right after Christmas, as I will be in Texas from the 22nd to the 27th. Anyway, the pic he sent me of the house with its lights on in the dark is actually not in very good focus, and he said the lighting actually has a slight "blue-tint" (as the other pic shows) but you can't really tell that in this pic. I like the slight blue-tint (but not actual blue lighting...the white lights just give off a slight blue-ish tint) as that's sort of like what John Carpenter used in the movie. Here is the pic:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I forgot that in a previous post, you told me that you wouldn't get yours until around Christmas.

I like how the this one looks with the lights glowing. I could see what appears to be blue tinted lights in the other photo.

Thanks for sharing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 pm 

Yeah, I can't wait to get it! I'll look at it for a while, and drool :P , but then I'll put it back in storage until next fall. Then I'll go all-out with displaying "Halloween" memoribalia! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a plan. :)

BTW - I was going to reply to your post about the haunted library, but I can't remember where I saw it. We'd talked about it before (around Halloween) as you told me it was a relative of yours who was haunting it, but the subject came up again, recently.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:03 pm 

LOL...yeah, our "haunted" library I talked about, was at the end of the "Horror Film Christine" thread here in Off Topics. My post about it is still the last one on that thread...back on Sunday November 25th.

Ida Day-Holzapfel was the head librarian for years (at both libraries--original one and the one there now). She was my great-great-great aunt on my mom's side--she was my mom's great-great aunt and my mom did know her when she was little. After Ida Day's death, supposedly, people started seeing apparitions of her in the basement, and other strange or unexplainable things started happening all over the library. For whatever reason usually her married name (Holzapfel) is left off, and a lot of times she's just referred to as Ida Day.

Makes for a good story, but personally I don't believe it. I haven't heard of anything happening for a long time, now. I've also been to one part of the basement and geez...no Aunt Ida! :| :P However, the storage part (where I think the "ghost" was reported to have been seen) of the basement I have not actually been to, and it's not really open to the public. But, maybe sometime they'll let me go down there if I explain and prove to them I'm an ancestor of their "ghost". :lol:

Anyway, I think there's online stories/articles about the ghost of Ida Day--in Hutchinson, Kansas. As I stated once before (and this is not for a fact confirmed...so take it as it is) but I read once that supposedly the producers of 1984's "Ghostbusters" movie got the idea of the ghost librarian towards the beginning of the movie, from the story of the ghost of Ida Day. That very well might not be true and it's just a coincidence...but either way, it is sort of the same idea. ;)

The current library (built in 1947) is what supposedly Ida Day haunts...the first original library, built in the early 1900's, is still standing, but is now something else. Here are a couple pics of our current library--one is of the first building...the other a newer addition added on at some point. I also added a pic of the ghost librarian from "Ghostbusters"...just for humorous purposes. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 am 
Site Admin

---------
Maybe they don't add her married name because some of the family on that side don't want to be associated with the story. :|
Some people don't want the "fame".

Yeah, maybe you need to visit the other part(s) of the basement and see if anything happens. She doesn't want to have to come and meet you. You need to go to her.
:lol:

Profile E-mail