It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Myers House Model--From 1978 "Halloween"!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 am 

I did it! I ordered (or I guess the accurate term is "commissioned") a model of the Myers House from the original 1978 movie "Halloween"! :) I can't wait to get it...pics of other models of the house made and sold look awesome! 8-) Once you commission one from the guy that makes these models, and pay, he starts from scratch and hand-makes every one.

He also makes models of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" house, the "Psycho" house & motel, "The Amityville Horror" house, Stephen King's "Rose Red" mansion, "The Munsters" mansion, "The Addams Family" mansion, some house from the "Twilight" movie series, the "Poltergeist" house, many other famous houses from scary movies as well as comedy and Christmas ones! The Griswold house from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" looks awesome! :lol:

Here is a pic of the Myers House that I'm having made. This is not actually my house but one the guy's made to show you what you'll get once you order or comission one from him. The pics kind of large but it really shows in close up detail what is included in the Myers House model. The actual dimensions of the model I'm having made are 20x17x14, and I paid a little extra to include lighting for the inside:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Myers House Model--From 1978 "Halloween"!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

That's pretty cool. Congratulations. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:09 pm 

Thanks! The guy said he'd probably get it done by mid-December, as he's currently working on several models for people. That's fine with me though, because once I get it I'm going to store it till next fall--when it'll be displayed with the rest of the "Halloween" memoribalia/figures.

I've seen pics of the "Amityville Horror" house (original 1979 movie house...not the 2005 re-make) and the "Psycho" house/motel models he makes...they too look superb, and very detailed! But, I can't afford them too right now. ;) Maybe someday. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

You may end up with a pretty nice collection. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 am 

Yeah...someday! I'll have the Myers House...then I'd like the Amityville house, then the Bates Mansion/Motel from "Psycho", then the Elm Street house from "Nightmare on Elm Street". The Rose Red mansion from Stephen King's "Rose Red" is pretty cool too. After that the sky's the limit! :o However, my checkbook's limit would be below ground. :P

Seriously though...this so far has been fun communicating with the guy building my Myers House model. Both of us have studied the house in the scene at the beginning where Laurie and Tommy are standing out front of the Myers House while she puts a key under the old door mat--in its abandoned state. He's agreed to add several details seen in the movie, that are not shown on the model pic above and that he's not done before. He told me the other day that this is going to be the most accurate Myers House model he's ever built! :D I can't wait to see pics of what he's done so far!

My model will look more like this (minus Laurie and Tommy of course ;) )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 am 
Site Admin

Even cooler that he's adding more detail for you. :)

I wonder if he'll add Tommy and Jamie to one of the houses, one day? Even if he can't make them, maybe he can hire someone to do it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm 

That would be superb! I don't know, though...maybe I'll ask him if he's ever put little figures in the models and/or has the ability to do that.

I'll bet he doesn't do that though...or he would have offered to add Laurie and Tommy in the model. I also can't afford to pay anymore for this model--and if he hired out to someone else to add people in it, then it would cost me more. ;)

I have a couple Michael Myers figures that will already be set up next to the house--one actually being a whole "set" collection that includes Dr. Loomis with a gun, and you set it up to where Michael is standing on some steps (assumably of the Myers House) and Dr. Loomis is out on this sidewalk/lawn aiming his gun at him--getting ready to shoot. That set was originally called the "Night He Came Home", and I got it back around 2003 or so.

I'm planning to try and get the "Evolution of Evil" action figure set...which includes a child Michael Myers in the little clown suit--holding a bloody knife, an adult Michael Myers (like we know him) with knife, and a grave headstone reading Judith Myers--beloved daughter and her birth/death dates. I thought maybe the child Michael could go out front of my house model...while the adult Michael, holding Judith's headstone, could be off to one side. We'll have to wait and see. ;) I'll have the model but I probably won't display it (and all the other stuff again) until next fall/Halloween.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure it would be a bit pricey to add the figures, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. If you have to wait and get them in a year or two, it may be worth it if he or someone else can do a great job.

At least you already have Michael and Loomis to add to it. That should work out to be pretty cool. :)

The setup of Michael as an adult and as a child sounds interesting.
I was thinking about the adult Michael standing behind/"shadowing" the child Michael, but I hadn't added in the headstone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:02 pm 

LOL! :lol: Yeah, I do have several "Halloween" figures and memoribalia things. Adding the scale-model of the actual Myers House will be superb...but I'll have to figure out how to make room for all of it! ;) I have some other scary movie figures/things I set up around Halloween time too--for "Psycho", "Sleepy Hollow", "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Christine", etc... I keep collecting and I'm gonna run out of room pretty soon. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

I guess you'll just have to add on to your house, or move to a larger one. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 am 

LOL! :lol: Actually, getting more models/figures/memoribalia (room or not) would still be cheaper than adding on to the house or getting a bigger one. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 am 
Site Admin

I guess it depends on how many you plan to collect.

One day I hope to have a room filled with nothing but the figurines that I've collected over the years. I actually stopped collecting about ten years ago since I was running out of space. I still have the items in boxes, so that takes up space, but I didn't want to put them throughout my mom's house as I wanted them in my own, but as I lived with her when she passed away, I didn't have my own home to put them in. Now, though I'm still in the same house, I can put them throughout the house, but that's not what I want. I want to move and keep them on display in one room.

I collect ballerina figurines, carousel horses and carousels, African, Native-American and Asian figurines, and I'm looking to add belly dancer figurines and more. I love things that represent culture, especially dance/tribal art. I'm of African and Native-American descent, and I've studied ballet and belly dance, so I guess it makes sense that I like such items. They represent me! :lol:

I fell in love with an African mask and a Middle Eastern drum (a darbuka or doumbek) during my cruise and wanted to bring them home, but knew I'd keep them packed away until I move, and I figured I'd just wait and find others at another time instead of adding more at this time. :|

I would actually love to have "theme rooms" for each bed room in my new home. I've said that since I was a teen, and I plan to keep that promise to myself. One room may be designed with African decor, another with Asian, and so on.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm 

I have a lot of things I've collected over the years. We think alike! I want a giant huge room someday to display all my things...but maybe a "themed" room or each would be better!

I collect (when I have money and/or can) some older movie memoribalia/posters, old Coca-Cola memoribalia, Marilyn Monroe pics, The Beatles pics, old TV show pics/posters/TV Guides/Board Games/lunch boxes etc..., and of course my scary or horror movie stuff--mostly from "Halloween", "Christine", "Sleepy Hollow", "Nightmare on Elm Street", and "Psycho". I also have gotten a couple of old 1940's Western Electric 302 telephones that have been rewired to work in modern jacks. I actually use those in my house so I guess they are out and "displayed". :)

I have so much stuff that most of it is boxed up or stored. I usually will switch out and display the memoribalia of whatever TV show I'm watching at the moment. Halloween and Christmas have their own "stuff" I put out each year too. Someday I hope to be able to display it all! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:10 am 
Site Admin

I'd like to collect even more items, but as we both know, it does require a lot of room. One thing that I really dread is having more and more items to dust. :o
:lol:
My mom collected angel figurines and dinner bells. I still have the angels on display in the curio cabinet in my living room, and the bells are in another one in what used to be her bedroom.

Since you collect Coca-Cola items, have you ever visited The World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, GA? I've been and it's pretty cool. This was at least five years ago, before they moved to the new location, and it was during the time I worked as a student counselor. We took 100 kids on this trip. Aaaacckkk! The flashbacks...the flashbacks! :yikes: ~x( :panic:

I loved seeing the first vending machines for the cola, the first bottles that had corks for tops, (saw one in an ep of "Little House on the Prairie"), the antique advertisements, etc.

They even have a "tasting station" where you can sample various flavors that may or may not hit the market, plus you can make your own by mixing flavors. I can't recall which flavors I mixed, but I recall not liking a couple of what I did mix. :lol: We had to try and keep the kids from getting too crazy with the mixing. We didn't want anyone getting sick, though some did complain of upset stomachs. Better to have a few, than all one-hundred of them. Eeek!
:?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:57 am 

Never been to the World of Coca-Cola...but it'd be awesome! However, my job is working with troubled kids (as I'm a Children's Case Manager for a mental health center in the town I live in)...so I know what it's like to take a group of kids into the community or other places. It can be crazy!! :o

My grandpa (who's now deceased) worked for a Coca-Cola bottling plant in the small town my mom grew up in. That was before he met and married my grandma though--probably in the mid to late 1930's. The plant closed a long time ago, but I think the building is still there and is used as stores or something else.

But, when I was growing up he gave me an old Coke bottle (one of the old fashioned ones--green glass and all and not one of the clear glass modern knock-offs) that he bottled in that plant himself. The old ones always had the city/town they were bottled in molded into the glass on the bottom of the bottle--and the one he gave me has Iola, Kansas on the bottom. Of all the antique Coke bottles I have...it's of course my favorite. :) I also have the Coca-Cola patches that originally were on his work shirt.

Anyway, I love collecting old, vintage, antique, retro things. I just don't hardly have the room for all of it...and a lot of times I really don't have the money either, but I end up buying something anyway. :lol: Some of the TV shows (both old and current) I have and I've collected memoribalia for so far are: "Hunter", "Charlie's Angels", "Vega$", "Miami Vice", "Knight Rider", "Dukes of Hazzard", "Perry Mason", "The Donna Reed Show", "Wonder Woman", "Silk Stalkings", "Scarecrow & Mrs. King", "Hart to Hart", "Ironside", "Starsky & Hutch", "Hawaiian Eye", "Magnum, p.i.", "Hawaii Five-0" (Original series...but like new one too), "Surfside 6", "Bones", "CSI", "Matt Houston", etc...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like you have an interesting job, plus you're being of help to those who need it. Nice. :)

Yes, I imagine you know what it can be like to have so many kids to look after.

It was an ordeal trying to keep track of all of them, and of course some were more of a challenge than others. We took them to the zoo, once, and that was NOT a good thing. The kids weren't too bad, but it was sooooooo hot that day, (just under a 100 degrees) and a lot of them were doing a lot of whining about the heat. I didn't blame them, but it did get "old" after a while. I'd taken an umbrella to keep the sun from beaming directly on me, and two or three kids were trying to squeeze in under it with me. Geeeez! It was too hot for all that, plus I could barely walk as our legs kept getting tangled together. :shock: :lol:
I had to tell them that we couldn't share anymore. I felt bad for them, but it was making me sick to be bunched up like that. :|

That's pretty cool about your grandfather and the Coke bottles and patches.
I remember when my grandmother and other relatives would have those wooden crates of bottled Coke (green bottles) sitting on their kitchen floors. :)
Though I was fairly young at the time, I remember that some stores would take glass bottles back and give you a few cents for each of them.

We had bottling plants here for Coke, Pepsi and Buffalo Rock. I had relatives who worked at all three for a while.

I love the "Donna Reed Show". I just watched it an hour ago. It airs each weekday morning on MeTV at 6:30am. The network will be giving away a DVD set of "The D Van Dyke" show, starting now and up until Christmas, I think. I'd love to have that, plus many other set collections. :)
Since Mr. Van Dyke's first name is a banned word on the forum, I decided to go with the letter. :lol:

Sometimes I'll catch "Knight Rider" during the very late night, and also "Miami Vice" during early morning. I watched it yesterday the second episode was one of my favorites, "Deliver Us from Evil". I often think about how Crokett's emotions would have run if Caitlin had been able to tell him about the baby, rather than hearing it from Tubbs after she'd died. The episode, "Mirror Image" starts in about ten minutes, at 8am, so I'll be tuned in. I remember that it was interesting for me to see Crockett take on another personality, and I want to see the episode again. It's been ages since I've seen it in full.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 pm 

Going back to the original topic for a second...here is a pic of my Myers House model! There's a few finishing touches he has to do yet, but it's almost done!

Now referring back to what we were talking about before: Yeah, I felt bad for Crockett with the whole Caitlin thing...but I didn't really care for her character, and even though I didn't want her killed off I wasn't that "sad" to see her go. The show got really "dark" with the last of 4th and then on into 5th (final) season. The first 3 seasons are the best for "Miami Vice", in my opinion--but I do like episodes in 4th and 5th seasons.

"Knight Rider" I also love...and it just celebrated its 30th anniversary back in September...as the show premiered in September of 1982. That's actually the show I'm planning to watch and display my memoribalia for after Christmas...as I've not watched it in several years.

"Donna Reed Show"...this is one of my all-time favorites! Although this is a show my parents originally grew up with, I grew up with Nick at Nite! Therefore all the old classics were shows I watched growing up too--"Donna Reed" being my favorite. They just in the past year released season 4, and just last week season 5! Both of these seasons have not been aired in years and include some of the songs the kids (Shelley Fabares and Paul Petersen) made famous. My season 5 DVD set should be here tomorrow or Tuesday! :D

Unfortunately, although the heirs of Donna Reed & Tony Owen (their children) own the first five seasons of the show...for whatever reason Sony owns the last 3 seasons (6-8). :| They have not been very forthcoming or cooperative about the idea of putting those last 3 seasons out yet...and Sony is known for starting a show to DVD then dropping it, or refusing to put a show they own out on DVD even when there is a large fan-base asking for it. :roll:

Because of this I'm fearful these last 3 seasons will never get released. :x But, we're hoping MPI and the Owen family can eventually work out a deal to maybe have them put those seasons out in a MOD format with Shout or Amazon or something like that. I know MeTV airs the show...but it's the first 5 seasons the family owns (they worked out a deal with the family to air those seasons) and I already have those DVD sets. Plus, I have cable...so I don't get MeTV. From what I understand it's a non-cable network and one of those, what I call "decimal point" channels. :lol: But, I've heard it airs tons of the older shows I love (and most I have). Does MeTV also air "Miami Vice" and "Knight Rider"??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

The photo of your Michael Myers house didn't show up. :|

As for Caitlin, I didn't think they should have had Crocket get married, and Caitlin/Sheena didn't bring a lot to the show, but at least that storyline was a good one. I guess TPTB realized they'd made a mistake, and having the character killed was an easy fix.

Since watching The Donna Reed Show, I've learned how truly funny it is. I had no idea of how much sarcasm the characters used, plus they're all just great with delivering it. :lol:
Maybe the company and family/kids will come to a decision where the rest of the episodes will be released. Fingers crossed.

I miss the "old" Nick@Nite. They had some great shows when they first started out. Now....not so much. Same as with TVLand. :|

I have Comcast digital cable. Miami Vice airs on Centric network, and Knight Rider on G4 network.

I also get to see Wings and Coach, again. I think they air on Reelz which is a movie network, but they air TV shows, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 pm 

Yeah, I didn't really care for Caitlin in "Miami Vice", nor her and Crockett's marriage. :| I think they were trying to boost ratings again and that aspect did not work. ;) But, I still love "MV" and episodes in each season! :)

"The Donna Reed Show" was very funny and had some of the best writers and crew available at the time! In my opinion, you can tell! I loved Nick at Nite growing up, and watched most of the old classics...but yeah, nowdays it sucks (pardon my crudeness)! :| TV Land too...they took up the old classics once they left N@N, but now it too just airs crap. :roll:

It's cool you get to watch all these shows...but most I have on DVD and can watch when I want, too. :)

Here is a pic of my completed Myers House model...again. I don't know why the image didn't stay above...it was there when I originally posted the message?? Oh well...here it is again as well as a couple more:

Full Frontal Pic:

Pic with the lights on:

Close up of the front:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:33 am 
Site Admin

---------
I'm adding a photo to test the forum because your other photos aren't showing, either. Let me know if you see it. If you don't, I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

As for "Miami Vice" and Caitlin, I guess someone was bored and decided to see how close they could get to jumping the shark. The shark jumping should have stopped with Fonzie on "Happy Days". :lol:

Yes, there were some talented writers on "The Donna Reed Show" for sure. :)
Paul Petersen cracks me up as Jeff. He may be the youngest, but sometimes he's the funniest. :)
I was watching an episode a few days ago and his reply to Mary was so funny, plus the expression on his face made it even funnier. I don't recall the exact words, but it was about Mary not being able to decide on a date; saying that she didn't tell this boy that she'd let him take her to the dance, and she didn't tell him she wouldn't let him take her. Jeff said something like "Well, you didn't tell him you'd let him take you halfway to the dance, did you?" :lol:

I've recently gotten back into enjoying watching "Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman" on gmc network and on INSP network. I love that show!
It's really hard to find new shows that are "family friendly", so I think it's great that these networks are airing such shows. I don't know what happened with Nick@Nite and TVLand. They messed up big time. :x

You mentioned having the DVDs. I'd like to have a collection of all my favorites, and I was talking to a friend about that, recently. We were talking about how though you may have favorite movies or shows on DVD, you still can't wait to catch them on TV. It's true. I have "A Christmas Story" on DVD, and sometimes watch it that way, but I always look forward to the 24hr marathon of it on TBS every Christmas Eve. :lol:
I stayed up very late the other night to watch "Friday" on a network, though I have the DVD in my den. It's just something about catching a favorite when you don't really expect it, I guess. Having the DVDs would be better, though. You can have a marathon of a favorite at anytime. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail