It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More random observations, The Unfinished Business edition
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 pm 

So I know there has been discussion before about how the flashback/kissing scene contains no dialogue, which overall works for me (heh). But what is a little odder is that there is no verbal exchange at all. It's possible to see them talking and not have to hear the words. But instead, we have Hunter going on and on about how they just LOOOVE to talk to one another, and yet -- no talking. Furthermore, pre-kiss, they seem to be in two different scenes. She is busy cracking up when the camera is on her and he's all tender/mushy when it's on him. It's totally unclear why she is laughing that hard.

And, well, I have no idea if anyone has raised this point before, but Hunter has some sort of lisp going on in parts of the big reveal scene in Dr. Tate's office. It's almost as though he really had been to the dentist (although I know that's supposed to be her excuse). Most notable on the "But that's not true!" exchange. ("But thath not twue!") Another head scratcher for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: More random observations, The Unfinished Business edition
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

I don't recall Hunter's lisp, but I've always been TOTALLY annoyed at how they had McCall cracking up at "whatever", and Hunter seemed a bit less into what made her laugh. We were completely left out when it came to the joke. Hurt my feelings. :| LOL!

Maybe he'd just told her he'd be kissing her and then taking her to bed in a few minutes, and she thought he was kidding. :lol:

Back on the topic of Hunter's/Fred's lisp, maybe you're onto something. McCall had mentioned earlier about her having to see the dentist, so maybe Fred had actually seen one before the scene, and they decided to poke a bit of fun and quickly wrote into the script that McCall had an appointment.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 pm 

Hee, LM, about being left out of the joke. I think everyone was. Truly, the flashback looks a little silly up until the kiss, thanks to some very strange editing. And hahahaha about her finding the upcoming nookie laughable. I'd guess there wasn't much laughing later... ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:29 am 
Site Admin

That editing and the moments when we could plainly see a stuntman , not stuntwomen as McCall, weren't the best moments. :lol:

That scene with McCall cracking up made it seem as if she'd had more wine than she should have. Hunter was like "What the hell...? :| Okay, she's getting goofy, but I like it." Hehehe. :D

Yeah, Rick showed her that he wasn't joking, alright. I'm sure all she could say afterward, was "I guess that's what I get for laughing, and I'm glad I laughed and got it."
:lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm 

Yes, one gets the sense that they were in a hurry, given the various snafus that made into the finished product. There are a few scenes over the years in which Stepfanie is wearing only one earring. Presumably, she had taken it off to make a phone call and neglected to put back in. She also has magically appearing/disappearing barrettes or hair combs in a few episodes (From S.F. with Love is one of those, I think).

Then there is poor RayRonDonBob -- one of the sidekicks who goes by all four names over the years. My fave is "Shoot to Kill" where they are calling him one name as they are pointing at the chalkboard to indicate his position, and the written name is entirely different. I guess if you are basically a glorified extra, you don't really care what they call your character as long as you get to keep working! ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 pm 

Oh, and back to on topic. I've always had one lingering semantic question about Unfinished Business. In the odd flashback, Hunter says, "Just this once, it all seemed to hit me. It hit her too." What is "it" in this sentence? I want specifics, dammit. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
Yes, one gets the sense that they were in a hurry, given the various snafus that made into the finished product. There are a few scenes over the years in which Stepfanie is wearing only one earring. Presumably, she had taken it off to make a phone call and neglected to put back in. She also has magically appearing/disappearing barrettes or hair combs in a few episodes (From S.F. with Love is one of those, I think).

Then there is poor RayRonDonBob -- one of the sidekicks who goes by all four names over the years. My fave is "Shoot to Kill" where they are calling him one name as they are pointing at the chalkboard to indicate his position, and the written name is entirely different. I guess if you are basically a glorified extra, you don't really care what they call your character as long as you get to keep working! ;)

It seems as if I recall discussion of her one earring on a previous forum or board. I don't think I ever noticed it missing, unless I did and forgot. :|
I don't recall the missing hair decor, and I don't think I recall it being a topic, either. Good one. :)

"RayRonDonBob", wasn't worth having a name that stuck? :lol:
The names reminds me of the episode of The Golden Girls where Blanche thinks she's pregnant. Sophia said she could name the baby something like "Rick/Bob/Joe/Dave."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
Oh, and back to on topic. I've always had one lingering semantic question about Unfinished Business. In the odd flashback, Hunter says, "Just this once, it all seemed to hit me. It hit her too." What is "it" in this sentence? I want specifics, dammit. ;)

I know!

They leave us hanging and it's very rude! :x

Was "it" some tingling feeling in the downtown district of their anatomy? :oops:

"Downtown district of their anatomy". :? I might have to find a way to use that in a fanfic. :lol: So corny!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 pm 

You amuse me yet again, LM! I really have no idea what "it" was standing in for there. Lust, I guess. The whole story was always just a bit fishy to me. He picks her wedding anniversary of all days, to make his move, they apparently have really good sex, and they're both really fine and not awkward at all the next morning, and then... they don't ever speak of it again. (Until Megan reappears, natch.) As Hunter makes a point of saying, they really, really love to talk to each other. You figure it might have come up in conversation at least once... ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
You amuse me yet again, LM! I really have no idea what "it" was standing in for there. Lust, I guess. The whole story was always just a bit fishy to me. He picks her wedding anniversary of all days, to make his move, they apparently have really good sex, and they're both really fine and not awkward at all the next morning, and then... they don't ever speak of it again. (Until Megan reappears, natch.) As Hunter makes a point of saying, they really, really love to talk to each other. You figure it might have come up in conversation at least once... ;)

It's nice to know that someone finds my humor amusing. :lol:

Lust had to play a major part. :? They flirted at every chance, plus one was jealous each time the other got attention from someone of the opposite sex.

I've always been a bit bothered about them sleeping together on her anniversary date, too. I would imagine she would be missing her late husband, feeling a bit sad and vunerable. Though she'd have to get on with her life after losing Steve, it seems that it's just wrong for her best friend to want to sleep with her on that day. Yes, she wanted it, too, but still...not quite right.
Maybe it was after midnight/past the date when they went to bed, but still cutting it close. LOL!

Yes, how in the world can you have sex....great sex with your best friend, the person you've wanted for a long time and not speak of it? What...the...crap?! :roll: I think that puts the night fairly high above two strangers who'll never speak again, having a skanky one-night stand. Sheesh!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 pm 

Downtown district of their anatomy. LOL :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

---------
Slinky wrote:
Downtown district of their anatomy. LOL :o

Did I say something that surprised you? :?

Profile E-mail