It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Mockingbird Lane", new spin on "The Munsters" canceled....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

....before it's even started.

It was supposed to be a new TV series, but it seems that it's so bad, NBC canceled that idea and will air the pilot as a movie this month. Wow! :lol:

I read about it this morning on Yahoo News! and was surprised that they'd even gone the route that they chose with this. I don't see this as being a hit, anyway. Apparently, I'm not alone. :lol:

So many new shows are canceled before they even make it the screen, so I guess this one did better than some....provided they don't change their minds again and cancel the one episode they intend to air. :?

I'll stick to my classic/original Munsters, thank you.
:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: "Mockingbird Lane", new spin on "The Munsters" canceled....
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:45 am 

LOL! :lol: Actually last summer sometime I'd read an online article about more older TV shows that new, updated versions are being planned on--"The Munsters" was one and another was a new version of: "The Brady Bunch"! :o

Both of these ideas, in my opinion, are really stupid and bad! :| Those shows were cute and funny to watch--for their time! They were made in the right time, so-to-speak. But, new versions will just be ridiculous. :roll:

Almost all new versions of classic TV shows fail (ex: 2007's "Bionic Woman", 2008's "Knight Rider", 2011's "Charlie's Angels" etc...). The problem is everyone remembers the originals...so they expect to get the same effect or captivation by the new versions and it rarely ends up happening. Even if the new versions are fairly well put together...fans still don't seem to be taken by them because they still remember the originals and expect to see that.

However, one classic TV show that has a new version that's very popular and running strong is "Hawaii Five-0"! I love both versions (Jack Lord's 1968-1980 original and Alex O'Loughlin's new 2010-Present series) and both were/are superbly done! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:41 am 
Site Admin

I think HATBC posted about the updated "Brady Bunch" series a while back.

I think they should leave well-enough alone. I did think that the parody, "The Brady Bunch Movie", was pretty good. It was poking fun, so that's not exactly trying to revive the old show. :lol:

As for the updated "Charlie's Angels", I watched it a few times. It wasn't horrible and held my attention for a bit. I did keep thinking about the actresses from the original show and the movies with Lucy, Drew and Cameron, and comparing chemistry and skills. :lol:

I've never seen the updated "Hawaii 5-0". I wasn't a fan of the original, so I didn't take interest in the new one. Loved the original theme song, though!

Just think, it may not be long before someone comes up with the amazing idea of doing the same with "Hunter". :horor:
I'm already prepared to fight!
:azdaja:
:boxing: :cowboy:

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 am 

LOL!! :lol: Yup...they need to leave well enough alone with classic TV shows (at least with most). They're a few shows that are starting to revert back to the older ideas and not focusing so much on science and forensics. "Hunter" would be a prime choice to try and re-do...but they better NOT!! :x Unless they wish to revive the new series again with Fred and Stepf...then we'll talk. ;)

I liked the new "Charlie's Angels" okay...it actually was starting to get better as each episode went along--more in-depth and interesting. But, by that time it was cancelled. The original show will always be one of the most remembered classic shows in TV history...but the new series was okay too. I think it was just too rushed and "thrown together"...like they didn't give it enough time to really get "polished" before premiering it.

There'll also only be one "Brady Bunch"...that one needs left alone, LOL! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:05 am 
Site Admin

I think if given the chance, some writers would be willing to make more shows with the "old school" feel, but they can't get a decent break with all the reality shows. There are no writers needed and it's a shame. I feel so bad for them.

I wonder if they did bring "Hunter" back w/ F&S, if they'd keep it pretty much the way it was, or if they'd have it go the current route and focus on other cast members and not so much on F&S? :|

I was starting to get more into the new "Charlie's Angels" as it went on, too. I guess the actors were starting to gain more chemistry.

One new show that wasn't half bad, was "Pam Am", but they canceled it after a few weeks. It premiered last year and was based on the old airline, Pam Am...featuring the lives of some of the pilots and stewardesses.
HATBC and I watched it, but felt that the younger generation wouldn't get it as it was based in the 60s, and we may have been right.
:|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 pm 

I love vintage or "period" things...especially TV shows or movies that take place in like the 50's or 60's! I love older styles of clothes, music, definitely the cars, the simplicity of things back then, etc... So, I really was looking forward to "Pam Am" last year (and most of us who are in their 30's and older will know and/or remember the famous Pan Am Airline). The 60's was its hey-day too, so it was the perfect era to place the show in. The actors and actresses were perfect too!

However, I'll be honest and say that I found it a little boring from what I was hoping. :| This is just my opinion...but it seemed as if it had too many characters and they couldn't get everything with everyone in with each episode...so it all seemed to jump around and you didn't get enough time to really get to know each character. It also seemed to take "forever" to get into any in-depth storylines...other than the one about the girl becoming a spy.

I tried to make myself get into it and really like it...but it just didn't happen. I was disappointed and ended up not watching the last couple aired episodes before it got cancelled. I was sorry "for" the show because I still liked the "idea" of it, and I still think it could've made it if it had been more "intertesting" and in-depth. I was sorry but not surprised when it finally was cancelled.

On that note...a new "vintage" or period show that premiered this year, "Vegas", also takes place in the 60's in Las Vegas. It's based on true accounts of a Vegas sheriff who took on the mob back then, and stars Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis. It's been awesome so far (my opinion) and from what I've heard/read it's had good reviews and ratings! So, I'm hoping it will last. :) They literally re-built the original Las Vegas Freemont Street as a giant set in a desert somewhere...it's unbelievable and you'd swear you had gone back in time to the "old" Vegas. :clap2:

I don't think they'd bring back "Hunter" with Fred Dryer or Stepfanie Kramer. But, I don't think they'd ever bring it back anyway...although other shows from that time have had attempted re-makes, "Hunter" is still remembered by too many people and it's still a very popular show in syndicated reruns...so most would expect Hunter to be Fred, and McCall Stepfanie.

What they need to do is another "Hunter" reunion movie, as we've discussed before, and have Hunter and McCall finally get together. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

---------
HunterMan wrote:
I love vintage or "period" things...especially TV shows or movies that take place in like the 50's or 60's! I love older styles of clothes, music, definitely the cars, the simplicity of things back then, etc... So, I really was looking forward to "Pam Am" last year (and most of us who are in their 30's and older will know and/or remember the famous Pan Am Airline). The 60's was its hey-day too, so it was the perfect era to place the show in. The actors and actresses were perfect too!

However, I'll be honest and say that I found it a little boring from what I was hoping. :| This is just my opinion...but it seemed as if it had too many characters and they couldn't get everything with everyone in with each episode...so it all seemed to jump around and you didn't get enough time to really get to know each character. It also seemed to take "forever" to get into any in-depth storylines...other than the one about the girl becoming a spy.

I tried to make myself get into it and really like it...but it just didn't happen. I was disappointed and ended up not watching the last couple aired episodes before it got cancelled. I was sorry "for" the show because I still liked the "idea" of it, and I still think it could've made it if it had been more "intertesting" and in-depth. I was sorry but not surprised when it finally was cancelled.

On that note...a new "vintage" or period show that premiered this year, "Vegas", also takes place in the 60's in Las Vegas. It's based on true accounts of a Vegas sheriff who took on the mob back then, and stars Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis. It's been awesome so far (my opinion) and from what I've heard/read it's had good reviews and ratings! So, I'm hoping it will last. :) They literally re-built the original Las Vegas Freemont Street as a giant set in a desert somewhere...it's unbelievable and you'd swear you had gone back in time to the "old" Vegas. :clap2:

I don't think they'd bring back "Hunter" with Fred Dryer or Stepfanie Kramer. But, I don't think they'd ever bring it back anyway...although other shows from that time have had attempted re-makes, "Hunter" is still remembered by too many people and it's still a very popular show in syndicated reruns...so most would expect Hunter to be Fred, and McCall Stepfanie.

What they need to do is another "Hunter" reunion movie, as we've discussed before, and have Hunter and McCall finally get together. :)

I agree about Pan Am. It was just too busy....to much going on with several characters at a time, and they made it hard to stay focused. Well, it was hard for me.

I was looking forward to getting to know more about one of the actors (Jeremy Davidson) as he was one of the co-stars on Army Wives as Chase Moran. On Pan Am, he was Richard Parks. He was good on AW, and I wanted to see how he'd fair as another character that may have taken my interest.
HATBC and I were the only ones to watch Army Wives and Pan Am, here, so now at least we know there is/was another person who watched PA. We didn't think it would last too long, either. We felt that the younger generation wouldn't get it, plus as mentioned, it was too "busy".

Good luck with having "Vegas" stick around. I've never watched it. I think I saw a few episodes of the original, back in the day.

I think it's over for "Hunter", especially in the way we remember it, and in the way the lead characters could be portrayed. Besides, do they really want to try to jump over the hoods of cars when there's a closeup, and a stunt-double can't do it? :? :lol: A reunion movie would be excellent! I just don't know if our duo would be willing to even give that a try. :| I know they have other things going on, but it would be nice to know that they'd even consider it for a moment. Hmm. A movie featuring the love and marriage of Hunter and McCall would totally work! Bring it on!
:lol:

Profile E-mail