It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:24 am 

I've been away for several years...now going through "Hunter" again. I got the Mill Creek Complete Series DVD set around when it was first released...but I'm just now getting around to going through it. It's basically the Anchor Bay and/or TV Land versions...with the re-done music. :roll: Also, for some stupid reason both Anchor Bay and Mill Creek reused first seasons starting for second season too...instead of using the original 2nd season starting. Does anyone know why that is? I've heard there's a German "Hunter" DVD set out there...that is the 90's TBS versions--edited but does include the original music and 2nd season starting. Anyone know where I can get a German set with an English track?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

HunterMan wrote:
I've been away for several years...now going through "Hunter" again. I got the Mill Creek Complete Series DVD set around when it was first released...but I'm just now getting around to going through it. It's basically the Anchor Bay and/or TV Land versions...with the re-done music. :roll: Also, for some stupid reason both Anchor Bay and Mill Creek reused first seasons starting for second season too...instead of using the original 2nd season starting. Does anyone know why that is? I've heard there's a German "Hunter" DVD set out there...that is the 90's TBS versions--edited but does include the original music and 2nd season starting. Anyone know where I can get a German set with an English track?

Hi, HunterMan. Long time no post.

I just decided to come and see if anything new was up, and was surprised to see your post, and that it was so long ago. Everyone seems to be all into Facebook groups, now that they've ditched the forum. :|

Anyway, I don't know what's up with the way they did the discs. I really can't remember if I got my collection from Mill Creek or Anchor Bay. I think it was Mill Creek.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Someone gave me the answer to your question. They said you can find it on Amazon Germany.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:25 pm 

That may have been me; I posted some episodes with the original music to my YT account. :-)

The only thing is, those sets are region 2. US disks are region 1, so unless one has a region-free DVD player, those sets won't play on US DVD players. (And the sets are broken into half sets per season.) There is a complete German DVD series set with 42 disks (versus the 28-disk US set which now seems to have gone out of print). Again, however, it is region 2.

Just some info on the very rare chance some people still read this forum!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

WendyCR72 wrote:
That may have been me; I posted some episodes with the original music to my YT account. :-)

The only thing is, those sets are region 2. US disks are region 1, so unless one has a region-free DVD player, those sets won't play on US DVD players. (And the sets are broken into half sets per season.) There is a complete German DVD series set with 42 disks (versus the 28-disk US set which now seems to have gone out of print). Again, however, it is region 2.

No, it was one of my friends on Facebook. :)

I'll pass along the additional information.

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:32 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
WendyCR72 wrote:

Thanks.

Glad I could help!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:32 am 
Site Admin

---------
WendyCR72 wrote:
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
WendyCR72 wrote:

Thanks.

Glad I could help!

:)

I still don't know if anyone else stops by here, but it's that at least one or two of you guys come in from time to time.

Profile E-mail