It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:42 am
Posts: 318
I've been away for several years...now going through "Hunter" again. I got the Mill Creek Complete Series DVD set around when it was first released...but I'm just now getting around to going through it. It's basically the Anchor Bay and/or TV Land versions...with the re-done music. :roll: Also, for some stupid reason both Anchor Bay and Mill Creek reused first seasons starting for second season too...instead of using the original 2nd season starting. Does anyone know why that is? I've heard there's a German "Hunter" DVD set out there...that is the 90's TBS versions--edited but does include the original music and 2nd season starting. Anyone know where I can get a German set with an English track?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 4666
Location: On a good day, planet Earth in NE Alabama.
HunterMan wrote:
I've been away for several years...now going through "Hunter" again. I got the Mill Creek Complete Series DVD set around when it was first released...but I'm just now getting around to going through it. It's basically the Anchor Bay and/or TV Land versions...with the re-done music. :roll: Also, for some stupid reason both Anchor Bay and Mill Creek reused first seasons starting for second season too...instead of using the original 2nd season starting. Does anyone know why that is? I've heard there's a German "Hunter" DVD set out there...that is the 90's TBS versions--edited but does include the original music and 2nd season starting. Anyone know where I can get a German set with an English track?



Hi, HunterMan. Long time no post.

I just decided to come and see if anything new was up, and was surprised to see your post, and that it was so long ago. Everyone seems to be all into Facebook groups, now that they've ditched the forum. :|

Anyway, I don't know what's up with the way they did the discs. I really can't remember if I got my collection from Mill Creek or Anchor Bay. I think it was Mill Creek.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 4666
Location: On a good day, planet Earth in NE Alabama.
Someone gave me the answer to your question. They said you can find it on Amazon Germany.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 am
Posts: 9
That may have been me; I posted some episodes with the original music to my YT account. :-)

The only thing is, those sets are region 2. US disks are region 1, so unless one has a region-free DVD player, those sets won't play on US DVD players. (And the sets are broken into half sets per season.) There is a complete German DVD series set with 42 disks (versus the 28-disk US set which now seems to have gone out of print). Again, however, it is region 2.

Just some info on the very rare chance some people still read this forum!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 4666
Location: On a good day, planet Earth in NE Alabama.
WendyCR72 wrote:
That may have been me; I posted some episodes with the original music to my YT account. :-)

The only thing is, those sets are region 2. US disks are region 1, so unless one has a region-free DVD player, those sets won't play on US DVD players. (And the sets are broken into half sets per season.) There is a complete German DVD series set with 42 disks (versus the 28-disk US set which now seems to have gone out of print). Again, however, it is region 2.

Just some info on the very rare chance some people still read this forum!


No, it was one of my friends on Facebook. :)

I'll pass along the additional information.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 am
Posts: 9
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
WendyCR72 wrote:
That may have been me; I posted some episodes with the original music to my YT account. :-)

The only thing is, those sets are region 2. US disks are region 1, so unless one has a region-free DVD player, those sets won't play on US DVD players. (And the sets are broken into half sets per season.) There is a complete German DVD series set with 42 disks (versus the 28-disk US set which now seems to have gone out of print). Again, however, it is region 2.

Just some info on the very rare chance some people still read this forum!


No, it was one of my friends on Facebook. :)

I'll pass along the additional information.

Thanks.


Glad I could help!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mill Creek Complete Series Set
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:32 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 4666
Location: On a good day, planet Earth in NE Alabama.
---------
WendyCR72 wrote:
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
WendyCR72 wrote:
That may have been me; I posted some episodes with the original music to my YT account. :-)

The only thing is, those sets are region 2. US disks are region 1, so unless one has a region-free DVD player, those sets won't play on US DVD players. (And the sets are broken into half sets per season.) There is a complete German DVD series set with 42 disks (versus the 28-disk US set which now seems to have gone out of print). Again, however, it is region 2.

Just some info on the very rare chance some people still read this forum!


No, it was one of my friends on Facebook. :)

I'll pass along the additional information.

Thanks.




Glad I could help!



:)


I still don't know if anyone else stops by here, but it's that at least one or two of you guys come in from time to time.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Make Forum · php-BB© · Internationalization Project · Report abuse · Terms Of Use/Privacy Policy
© Forums-Free.com 2009