It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MacGruder and Loud
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:37 am 

I wonder if this short-lived series, MacGruder and Loud, is the one Stepfanie Kramer references in interviews as the reason why they went with Hunter, and not Hunter and McCall. Supposedly there was another male-female detective show with both names in the title, and thus the decision to go with Hunter alone.

I gather from the description that MacGruder and Loud were married police officers in an LA-styled precinct, and they kept their marriage a secret to avoid running up against anti-fraternization policies. Apparently the show was not a hit. ;)

However, from what I can tell, California law does not have any prohibitions against co-workers dating (employers can enforce policies against supervisors dating direct reports, though). Furthermore, if co-workers are engaged in a romantic relationship, they do not have to disclose it to their supervisor. Their right to privacy outweighs the business interests of the company. Interesting! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MacGruder and Loud
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:06 am 

I believe Stepfanie mentioned that the other two name cop show out at the time was Hardcastle and McCormick.

Hey syntax6 are you done with Xfiles. A new Hunter fanfics would be great :-)!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:08 pm 

Yes, if you are not picky about the male/female aspect, there were many options to choose from back then: Cagney & Lacey, Hardcastle and McCormick, Simon & Simon, etc. Two-person crime solving teams were popular back then! (As they continue to be today, I suppose.)

And no, naebells, I've not finished with XF just yet. I'm about halfway through a pretty involved novel, so it is going to take some time to finish up. Plus, I'm dealing with a serious flareup of my carpal tunnel syndrome (possibly partly due to churning out 200,000 words worth of Hunter in the last five months!), so my computer time is limited these days. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
I wonder if this short-lived series, MacGruder and Loud, is the one Stepfanie Kramer references in interviews as the reason why they went with Hunter, and not Hunter and McCall. Supposedly there was another male-female detective show with both names in the title, and thus the decision to go with Hunter alone.

I gather from the description that MacGruder and Loud were married police officers in an LA-styled precinct, and they kept their marriage a secret to avoid running up against anti-fraternization policies. Apparently the show was not a hit. ;)

However, from what I can tell, California law does not have any prohibitions against co-workers dating (employers can enforce policies against supervisors dating direct reports, though). Furthermore, if co-workers are engaged in a romantic relationship, they do not have to disclose it to their supervisor. Their right to privacy outweighs the business interests of the company. Interesting! :)

I'm also thinking it was MacGruder and Loud. I want to say that she or Fred mentioned something about Hart to Hart. (loved that show!) Both shows featured male/female married couples who solved crimes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
Yes, if you are not picky about the male/female aspect, there were many options to choose from back then: Cagney & Lacey, Hardcastle and McCormick, Simon & Simon, etc. Two-person crime solving teams were popular back then! (As they continue to be today, I suppose.)

And no, naebells, I've not finished with XF just yet. I'm about halfway through a pretty involved novel, so it is going to take some time to finish up. Plus, I'm dealing with a serious flareup of my carpal tunnel syndrome (possibly partly due to churning out 200,000 words worth of Hunter in the last five months!), so my computer time is limited these days. ;)

Hope your carpal tunnel takes a break very soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:

Hope your carpal tunnel takes a break very soon.

Thanks, LM. I'm on more painkillers than I ever have been before for this problem. Hoping that decreased typing helps. It's hard when all I do is type for my job as well!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome.
I'm sure the pain meds don't make it any easier for you to get as much work or writing done. :|

Hang in there!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:25 am 

Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel hope u r feeling better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 am 

naebells wrote:
Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel hope u r feeling better.

Thanks, naebells. It is a lot better as of yesterday. :) My heartfelt sympathy and enormous respect go out to those who live in chronic pain every day. I can't imagine it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:38 pm 

I don't believe Stepfanie was talking about MacGruder and Loud as that show aired in 1985. I did like the show though. Too bad it got the ax.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Slinky wrote:
I don't believe Stepfanie was talking about MacGruder and Loud as that show aired in 1985. I did like the show though. Too bad it got the ax.

It would be nice if we knew which show she meant, but I still think she was talking about a lot of the shows in general that had the names of each partner in the title. Like it would have hurt anything to have their show as Hunter and McCall. :|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 pm 

---------
:lol:

Profile E-mail