It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ladies, would you have worn any of McCall's outfits? Faves?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

If there are guys here who want to answer, feel free. :lol:

Once they started to get her out of the "old lady clothes" in S1, I liked many of her outfits. I think I liked them best from S5 and on, like with her hair. :)

I could see myself wearing several of the outfits, especially if they fit as nicely on me as they did on her. :lol:

There's one ep where she's wearing a black and white dress that I think is so cute. It's short sleeved, white at the top and black at the bottom...starting with a fairly high waist. I think the buttons were off-center like a double-breasted suit. I love that dress and it looks great on her. :)

I think her hair was pinned up, too. I don't recall the ep title, but she and Hunter were inside a couple's apartment looking for clues. They found that the table still had dinner on it and the couple appeared to have left in the middle of dinner. That may give you a better idea of what ep I mean.

I love the long coat she wore in "Streetwise" as she and Hunter walked down the stairs outside, while she asked how he liked Alex.

I have more favorites, but will wait to read your comments.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ladies, would you have worn any of McCall's outfits? Faves?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 am 

Ooh this is a fun topic! I'll have to give it some thought in regards to some specifics, but I completely agree that Dee Dee looked her best in Season 5. Her clothes were a little more form fitting and shows that she had a body underneath it all! :lol: you could never tell with the clothes she had during some of the earlier seasons. She was a little frumpy.

I know the ep you are talking about with the white dress and the buttons. I just watched it, although I can't remember the title. But yes, I like that dress too. There's one episode from '88 not sure if it's season 4 or 5, but McCall was very tan and she wore a sleeveless black turtle neck top and a khaki/beige colored skirt. It was very flattering on her and is totally something I would've worn.

I'm sure I'll come up with some more. I'll have to watch some more episodes from season 5 with a closer eye. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Yes, it was nice to see that she got her out of the frumpy old lady clothes. I'd want to show off my cute figure if I were her. :)
Was her hair up or down? The more I think of it, I have a feeling it was down.

The ep you're talking about is one where she has the afro, right? :lol:
If I have the right one, she and Hunter end up at the boat docks and she's shooting a gun that's as big as she is. :lol:
I like how she looked in that top and pants, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 pm 

Aha yes her hair was down and it was an Afro! :lol: I don't remember much of the episode, just a scene where they were in the precinct together and I noticed her tan and her outfit.

I agree.....who knew that she was so skinny under all of those clothes! They could've dressed her better. But I guess that's what was in style then.... ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

I know she had a 'fro in the one you mentioned, but I was asking if her hair was down in the one I mentioned...the one with the black and white dress.

There has been much discussion about that "orange" tan and and afro. :lol:
I didn't think the tan looked that great on her. It's like it wasn't the greatest spray-on (if they had those back then) or that something went wrong with the tanning bed or lotion. Eeek!

The afro was.....odd. SK didn't care for that one, either.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 am 

I liked the way she dressed in S1. She wasn't very fashionable in S2 I think she dressed the worst in S2. I didn't care for the big chunky necklaces that she wore at times. I never really felt that purple and red matched.( the outfit in the ep Burned she was wearing in Hunter's hospital room). She dressed well in S4 but S5 was by far the best. Her hair, outfits and even make-up was great in that season. Loved the way she looked at the end of the EP Silver Bullet when she meets Hunter at Finn's grave. ( very sad EP I liked Finn). I would have definitely worn her outfits from S5.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 am 

Oh! About the Afro she must have liked it at the time or I don't she would have worn it. Me personally I liked the Afro better than the short style from S2. The short hair style was such a drastic change from S1.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 am 
Site Admin

naebells wrote:
I liked the way she dressed in S1. She wasn't very fashionable in S2 I think she dressed the worst in S2. I didn't care for the big chunky necklaces that she wore at times. I never really felt that purple and red matched.( the outfit in the ep Burned she was wearing in Hunter's hospital room). She dressed well in S4 but S5 was by far the best. Her hair, outfits and even make-up was great in that season. Loved the way she looked at the end of the EP Silver Bullet when she meets Hunter at Finn's grave. ( very sad EP I liked Finn). I would have definitely worn her outfits from S5.

I would have worn her outfits from S5 and S6. Maybe some from S4, but I'd have to look back and see.

I love the ep, "Silver Bullet". Finn was so defeated, bless his heart. I love how Hunter and McCall kept the other officers at bay when Finn was dying on the floor. So sad.
:cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:44 am 
Site Admin

naebells wrote:
Oh! About the Afro she must have liked it at the time or I don't she would have worn it. Me personally I liked the Afro better than the short style from S2. The short hair style was such a drastic change from S1.

I'm thinking that she didn't a choice. Seems like recall her saying or someone else quoting her as saying that she went in for a new style for the show, and that's what they gave her.
She didn't have a choice in how they styled her hair and applied her makeup in S1 to make her look older, so.... :|

I liked the shorter look at times, depending on how much change, no matter how little was made. I didn't like it as much in Night on Bald Mountain", as much as I did in "Playing God".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 am 

Wow it's kind of hard to believe she didn't have a choice in her hair style. I liked the short style in S4 better than one in S2

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 am 
Site Admin

It's quite rare for actors and actresses to have any say in how their character looks. Same as with models.

I've done a tiny bit of acting on stage (locally) and I've also done a bit of modeling (years ago). During a production of Man of La Mancha, I played Maria, the inkeepers wife and was made to look somewhat frumpy. I couldn't stand the hairstyle the stylist gave me and I politely asked if it had to be so old-fashioned, and he said yes...that the director had given him some pictures of what he wanted it to look like. He said he was sorry that I didn't like it, but that's how it is and I have to keep it. I told him that I understood that he was just doing his job, but I couldn't help but ask in case changes could be made. At least during my other part in the play, I was a wild woman in the dungeon, so my hair was made to look as if it hadn't been combed in ages. I liked that style better than the other. :lol:

When I was modeling regularly, we had a makeup artist to come in for a shoot and she had no idea of how to do my makeup. She didn't do that great with some of the other girls, but I was the only one there who is part black, cherokee and choctaw, so my complexion is hard to match up with certain makeup at times.
The artist put on the makeup, it was horrible, I went to my director/boss and she looked and her eyes got huge. She asked if I could do my own makeup for the day. I told her I could, I did and she liked it. So, from then on, I did my own. If I didn't know how to do my own, and if my director hadn't been as horrified as I was, I'd have been stuck looking like a clown, and I hate clowns. :lol:

There were a couple of times when my hairstylist did my hair in a way I didn't like, but I knew I couldn't make a fuss as it was right for the fashion shows. Same as with the clothes. I didn't like a lot of them, but it was my job to wear them and to act as if I loved them. :|
Modeling wedding gowns was always a treat!
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 pm 

LM thanks for the info it was very interesting. It sounds like you are a beautiful lady

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome. :)

Aww, how sweet of you to say such a thing. Thank you!
:oops: :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:06 pm 

You are welcome

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Any new members want to add comments on the topic?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:44 pm 

I confess I did not pay all that much attention to McCall's clothes. She and I don't have similar coloring, and um, my "style" is a lot more casual. I did like the light blue suit from her good-bye scene with Alex in Street Wise, part one. I also think she looked very well put together at the end of "Partners." Occasionally, she wore turtleneck sweaters. I would wear those, but minus the big gold jewelry. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 am 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
I confess I did not pay all that much attention to McCall's clothes. She and I don't have similar coloring, and um, my "style" is a lot more casual. I did like the light blue suit from her good-bye scene with Alex in Street Wise, part one. I also think she looked very well put together at the end of "Partners." Occasionally, she wore turtleneck sweaters. I would wear those, but minus the big gold jewelry. ;)

She and I don't have similar coloring, either, unless we count hair color. Ha! :)

I like dressy, casual and a mixture of both at once, when I can make it work.

There are some outfits that she wore that I think may have looked better in another color on her, though she does look good in most any color. It's just that the outfit (or item) itself may look better in another color due to its style or type of fabric. Some colors, prints, and fabrics can make certain styles look too heavy or too light in weight.

I've been told by a few that with my complexion, I can wear any color, but I've never worn every single color there is, so not sure of how true that is. :lol:

I like the blue suit, too. :)

I was watching "The Pit" a few days ago, and she wore a gray suit that I liked. Yeah, it was another double-breasted suit. I remember having a few of those jackets back in the 80s. An ankle length or mini skirt and a DB jacket? Yeeeaaah! :lol:

I want to say that it was in "Requiem for Sgt. McCall", that she wore a long cream colored dress that I like. I think she wore a belt with it.

The big bulky jewelry is back! :?
There are several huge necklaces and bracelets that I want right now!
:)
I have some vintage bulky jewelry that I was given when one of my great-aunts passed away. Some of it is sooo heavy!
:shock: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:20 pm 

I'm still in the process of rewatching Hunter eps. Only made it through season 2 so far and although I loved mccalls short hair.. not so much for the clothes. Pretty bad when I would wear her hooker clothes as oppose to her work clothes.. LOL.. Glad they started dressing her better in later seasons.. but I do remember a cream outfit she wore in the closing scene of The Jade Woman that I loved.. her hair looks great too. I will have to increase my Hunter watching so I can add more!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 am 

---------
kleerphish wrote:
I Pretty bad when I would wear her hooker clothes as oppose to her work clothes.. LOL!

LOLOL! Season Two definitely features some pretty fugly clothes. She wears a lot of unfortunate purple-and-red combos. I still don't think I would be putting on the hooker gear, though, unless it was maybe for Halloween. Hee!

And yes, she looks great in white. I am envious because I just completely disappear if I try to wear white. There is one white dress she wears (From SF with Love, Requiem for Sgt McCall) that Robbie jokes that she would wear every day if she looked as good as SK does in the outfit. I have to agree.

Profile E-mail