It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm stressed. I'd like to scream...just a little.
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

What a night last night!

I wasn't feeling too well during the early part of the evening, so I decided to lie down for a while. I think I set myself up for a very, very long day and night. :|

1. My brother stopped by after a few minutes, but didn't stay too long. He dropped off some things that I need for their wedding plans. No problem.

2. Before my brother was even in his car, my phone rang. I saw that it was a call from my dad's house, so of course I answered. It was his wife and we stayed on the phone for an hour and a half. I was somewhat comfy on the living room sofa, but preferred to be on the one in the den. :|
After we hung up, I was really tired and wanted to crash in the den. I did...for a few minutes.

3. About 25 minutes after hanging up, my phone rang again. It was my aunt. She asked what I was up to and how I was feeling. I told her, and we talked for about ten minutes. She told me to hold on, and while I waited, I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and there she stood on my porch, smiling. So, after I realized what was going on, I hung the house phone and she hung up her cell phone and came inside. We sat and talked for nearly an hour and a half, too. Then.....

4. My cousin Shun called to tell me about his sister being so sick. I talked to him for about a half an hour while my aunt looked at some of my pics online. After hanging up with him, I explained the details to my aunt who knows his sister.
She and I began to talk about those we've lost...her parents/my grandparents, my Mom, the father-in-law of one of my younger brothers, and more. Of course it was a very upsetting topic. She began to cry, and I managed to keep my tears from falling, but I started to feel really tensed/stressed and could tell it wasn't good for me, but I did okay.

5. I'd promised to call Shun back after 11pm when he'd gotten home from work. My aunt didn't leave until 12:34am, so I was behind in getting to him. Oh, I didn't mention that I hadn't eaten since 3pm. :|
I called Shun, but he didn't answer, so I left a message. Thankfully, I had time to eat a sandwich and some chips before he returned my call. He called back at 1:40am. We talked for about 40 minutes. At least we ended up being silly and making each other and Annie laugh a lot. :) We needed that.

So, after 2am, I felt that I'd have a break, unless something happened to his sister and they called to tell me. Thankfully, no such call came in.

I lay on the sofa just to gather my thoughts and to shake off the earlier nerves and ended up falling asleep. I woke up around 9:30am this morning....the TV and one of the ceiling lights in the den were still on, but that's okay.

I didn't get a single bit of housework done, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm still quite tired, and though I didn't rest much, yesterday, I came to realize that I was supposed to be there for others and just forget about anything else. That'll work. I've had so many people be there for me, too. Just like with the support I've been getting from my family and friends, lately. Thanks! :D

I'm so tired, now. Goodness, I can hardly type for yawning. :lol:

As always, I appreciate you guys (and Dr. T) ;) for taking time to "listen" to me.

Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm stressed. I'd like to scream...just a little.
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:58 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Dio mio!

What a night is right!

Whew.

I think it was really nice of your aunt to surprise you like that! My sister (and//or BIL) have been known to do that! Haha. You should see my grandmother's reaction!

I hope you're able to get in a little nap or something. You must be exhausted.

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.

And, if you feel like screaming....DO IT! Heck, through a pillow if you want to! I HATE stress. Uggh.

We're always here to listen! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Tell me about it!

Yeah, sometimes surprise visits are nice, but only if it's close family or friends. I hate getting caught off guard when I'm not looking as decent as I could. :?
My brother wil say something like - "Dang! I know you weren't expecting company!", or just call me something like "Fright Night".
It's all good, though.
lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:58 pm 

Quote:
Yeah, sometimes surprise visits are nice, but only if it's close family or friends. I hate getting caught off guard when I'm not looking as decent as I could.

I know, I know. So help me, when our Harms come find us, we better be looking our best! No surprise visits, please, sir! LOL!

Quote:
My brother wil say something like - "Dang! I know you weren't expecting company!", or just call me something like "Fright Night".

Mine says things like that, too. Or my dad...heck, even my cousin....I'll have to get her back for that. Where does she get off teasing me, huh? She's three years OLDER than me. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I know, I know. So help me, when our Harms come find us, we better be looking our best! No surprise visits, please, sir! LOL!

lol OMGoodness! Too funny!
Very true, though! :lol: After we get them, we can tone things down a bit. Just a bit. :lol:

Quote:
Mine says things like that, too. Or my dad...heck, even my cousin....I'll have to get her back for that. Where does she get off teasing me, huh? She's three years OLDER than me.

:lol:
Brothers! Ugh! Gotta love 'em! :lol:

My dad has made a few comments every now and then, but he's never as harsh as my brother. I think brothers have special permission to take it beyond any point. lol

Your cousin? She'd better leave my friend alone! Get her, Skipper! :lol:
Oh, I've got a couple of those who treat me the same. :lol: One is three years older and like a sister to me, so we get each other good. We even crack over the phone. :lol:
My cousin, the one who dances with me,.....we're harsh on each other when we're in rehearsal. It ain't always pretty after a couple of hours, no matter how cute your Danskins are.
lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:09 am 

I'm guessing that your family are worried about you and just wanted to check you were ok, and we all know how chatty you can be so that explains the long phone calls and conversations in person (I'm the same). It's nice that they all care about you - just a shame for you they all chose to get in contact the same evening. It's not surprising you're exhausted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:00 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:

:lol:
Brothers! Ugh! Gotta love 'em! :lol:

My dad has made a few comments every now and then, but he's never as harsh as my brother. I think brothers have special permission to take it beyond any point. lol

Yeah, you can say that. My brother has always had funny comments (even if I didn't think so at the time!) One time when TBC and I were about 14/15 and our brother was 10/11, he had a good one. TBC and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast and our brother comes in and he looks all serious. He says, "Does Mom know you're using her good dishes?"

TBC: "These are the dishes we always use."

Me: "What are you talking about?"

With a very serious look still on his face, "Dogs eat on the floor! You know....where the dog dish is!" Then he pause for a second, "It's just that you two look like a dog."

Quote:
My cousin, the one who dances with me,.....we're harsh on each other when we're in rehearsal. It ain't always pretty after a couple of hours, no matter how cute your Danskins are.
lol

:lol: Oh, man. I bet things can get pretty intense!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Dogs? :o Ouch! lol
Did he leave the kitchen with any injuries? :lol:

Yeah...pretty intense for sure in the dance studio. Sheesh! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:39 pm 

Well...only because my mom was coming down the stairs! ;) :oops: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

Your Mom saved him?

Well, I guess you and TBC got him for plenty of other things. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:01 pm 

I think I'm going to plead the fifth. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

---------
So noted. :lol:

Profile E-mail