It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm still around....sick with a cold.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, gang.

I haven't been around much because I have a bad cold, but I'm still on planet earth.

I don't know where everyone else. :| It's been so quiet lately, except for some new topics posted by syntax6 and a couple of replies from naebells and myself. :)

Maybe spring break still has some of the members in its grip.

Hope you're all doing well, and that the forum perks up. I hope I perk up, too.

Catch you later!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm still around....sick with a cold.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:17 am 

Hi, LM. I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, and I hope you are on the mend soon. Colds that hang around are just no fun to deal with at all.

I have noticed it's mostly the two of us talking to each other in public here, but maybe we can inspire others to join in! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you. :)
Yes, I'm the type who takes forever to get rid of a cold or flu. I once had the flu last me nearly two months. Though it wasn't as severe from start to finish, it was still horrible!

I'm about to try for a nap in a few minutes, but decided to check in on the forum.

I know what you mean about it just being us. It goes that way at times. There are moments when HATBC and I are the only two posting, but she's been away for a few weeks, now.

We often have people who lurk (remember that from Pblue's board?), but don't post. I think people can read messages w/o becoming a member, but it's okay if people want to join just to read.

One of our other major posters, HunterMan, hasn't been around for about a month. I hope things are okay with him and the others.

We have members from China who aren't able to post anymore due to rules set by their country. :|

Two days ago, I got notice of someone wanting to join the forum, so hopefully I'll feel up to activating their account later today or tonight. It takes a few minutes, and I'm not up to it, now. I don't want them waiting too long.

Thanks for sticking around and keeping the topics going! :D

Catch you later.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Hi, guys!

I hope you're feeling better now, LM.

I've been so busy lately, and I really miss the forum. I love popping in and seeing new things to read it's great!

I've been super busy with school, but the semester is almost over. I love going only two days a week or otherwise I would completely lose my mind! This is the first time in nearly a month that I've had a few minutes of chill time.

Last month, my husband had to go to NYC for work, so since I was on break, I tagged along. Then three weeks ago his sister had a baby, so we went to visit them for a few days, and T's baby turned two last week so we crunched our schedules and flew to FL for the weekend so we could be there for it.

My little firework is doing so well! She still can't speak yet, but her sensory motor skills are improving so much. The doctors think that she'll eventually be able to be in a regular education classroom instead of a special education classroom. Being that I'm a former teacher, and T was a principal, we know the ins and outs of the education system and for her to be in a regular education classroom would be so amazing.

But for now, it's out of a hands. We just have to keep praying.

I hope to be around more!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

---------
HATBC wrote:
Hi, guys!

I hope you're feeling better now, LM.

I've been so busy lately, and I really miss the forum. I love popping in and seeing new things to read it's great!

I've been super busy with school, but the semester is almost over. I love going only two days a week or otherwise I would completely lose my mind! This is the first time in nearly a month that I've had a few minutes of chill time.

Last month, my husband had to go to NYC for work, so since I was on break, I tagged along. Then three weeks ago his sister had a baby, so we went to visit them for a few days, and T's baby turned two last week so we crunched our schedules and flew to FL for the weekend so we could be there for it.

My little firework is doing so well! She still can't speak yet, but her sensory motor skills are improving so much. The doctors think that she'll eventually be able to be in a regular education classroom instead of a special education classroom. Being that I'm a former teacher, and T was a principal, we know the ins and outs of the education system and for her to be in a regular education classroom would be so amazing.

But for now, it's out of a hands. We just have to keep praying.

I hope to be around more!

Other than a slight ear ache, I'm feeling a lot better, now. Thanks. :)

It's nice that you were able to travel the NY with D. I hope you were able to find a few moments to take in some interesting things to do.

Congratulations on your new niece or nephew. So many babies being born/pregnancy announcements, lately. Remember I told you that I knew a lot would be coming soon. It's still not me, though. :roll:

Happy birthday to Firework! bday:gifts1 teddyheart
I'm glad she's doing so well, and I can't believe she's two years old. Wow! They really do grow up fast. :)
I hope and pray that things work out well for her as time continues. :)
Will be praying.

Be sure to tell T I said "hi", and to wish the baby a happy birthday.

Best of luck with school!
:)

Profile E-mail