It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'll be trimming down the forum.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hello, all.

In the next few days, I plan to delete a few portions of the forum that get no or very, very little attention. Some sections, like HBHB Links are basically for people to add links to other sites about the shows, but no one does. It's also there with the link to what used to be my HBHB website, but I let go of that because of too many other things.

I'll also be getting rid of the section for topics about the 1980s that I never got around to opening. Maybe I'll add it under Off Topic at some point.

I'm also getting rid of the section for members to post their photos.

We'll see what else goes away once I get started. It should make for a shorter amount of time to scroll down, but I don't think many people scrolled past the topics about "Hunter", anyway. There will be less clutter, so I'll get started on it.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: I'll be trimming down the forum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 pm 

Whatever is easiest for you, LM, that's the way to go! It does seem like discussion is centered mostly around the Hunter stuff, so I guess it makes sense to focus there. Thanks again for keeping the fires burning all these years. :)

Cheers, syn

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: I'll be trimming down the forum
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

syntax6 wrote:
Whatever is easiest for you, LM, that's the way to go! It does seem like discussion is centered mostly around the Hunter stuff, so I guess it makes sense to focus there. Thanks again for keeping the fires burning all these years. :)

Cheers, syn

Thanks, syntax.
It's nice to know that you still appreciate my keeping the forum going for so long. :)

Back when the forum was busy, we had posts in various areas of it, but now... :|
I can understand that people aren't going to post where they don't want to, so since the rest of the areas are basically dead, there's no need to have them.
I miss the only other person who I used to talk about JAG and Army Wives with. :cry:
I won't be deleting those sections, though. Maybe one day, someone will find them interesting.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: I'll be trimming down the forum.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!

I logged in a whim today because I had a few moments, and the little box in the corner told me my last log in was on Feb 5, 2013! OMGosh. That feels like a lifetime ago. It's *almost* been a year, and that just makes me so sad.

It's just that life has been so busy, and I realize all of the things I no longer have time to do - visiting here, writing, making vids, reading fanfic...and knitting! Some day, hopefully soon, I'll get back to it. I miss it all - and you guys - so very much!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 am 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:
I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!

I logged in a whim today because I had a few moments, and the little box in the corner told me my last log in was on Feb 5, 2013! OMGosh. That feels like a lifetime ago. It's *almost* been a year, and that just makes me so sad.

It's just that life has been so busy, and I realize all of the things I no longer have time to do - visiting here, writing, making vids, reading fanfic...and knitting! Some day, hopefully soon, I'll get back to it. I miss it all - and you guys - so very much!

Wow, what a surprise, my friend! :o
:D

I think it was yesterday that I mentioned missing my friend to discuss AW and JAG with on the forum. Here you are! :lol:

Yep, you've been gone for a long time, and I hoped it was just that you've been busy. Glad to see you stop by. I thought things were possibly slowing down a few months ago. I'm glad you had time to post. :)

Miss you!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:02 pm 

I miss being here!

Whenever I think things will slow down, something else comes up. Oh, well. That's life, but it still makes me so sad that I don't have the time to pop in everyday and catch up with all our shows. :(

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I had a moment where I was extremely busy for several weeks straight, and it took a lot out of me. I had a break for about three days, and then it started up again. I was sooo wanting a vacation, but couldn't manage it. Now that the holidays are over, I was thinking that things would slow down. Some things will, some won't. Oh, well. At least I have something to do, though I wish it were all good. LOL!

I hope you get a chance to catch up on that email soon, and I hope you come back to visit the forum, too.

Stay warm. The our portion of winter storm Ion is starting up. The heavy rain and strong winds started about an hour and a half ago, and the snow, sleet and freezing rain are due in around midnight with a low of 16 degrees tonight and a high of 21 degrees tomorrow. Sheeesh!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 pm 

I haven't checked my email in ages. That may be on my agenda for tomorrow, it's supposed to be -40 degrees with the windchill and I don't plan on leaving my house at all!

Hope things slow down for you as well, stay warm!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

---------
I can't imagine how much email you have.

That's pretty cold weather. :|

It's been cold here, but today's been a lot warmer with a high in the low 30s. We've been in the teens during the day and the single digits at night for about three days. We even had a little bit of snow.

There was an outage of natural gas for over 400 people in my city, yesterday when the high temp was only about 21 degrees. One of my friends had to suffer the cold until they got the gas going again. Alagasco had installed new gas lines and with all the usage this past week, it was an overload or something and the lines couldn't handle all that was going through, so they had to re-route or something. It was on the news this morning. I'm so thankful to God that I wasn't one who lost any gas or electricity.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail