It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HunterMan - continuing our discussiong of my movie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 am 
Site Admin

This post isn't just for HunterMan, but since and I were the only ones disccusing the topic under "Discuss Hunter", and we'd gotten off topic, I wanted to continue it, here. If anyone else wants to join in, feel free. :)

Thanks!

- - - -

HunterMan wrote:
Maybe someday some things will change...never know what God has planned. ;) I meant "evil" as more perversion and "stabbing people in the back" so-to-speak, rather than a Hollywood version of evil (pun intended). :lol: But, no I would not want to live in my car either! :shock:

It's cool that you have some access to things being filmed near you. Let me know how the hair and makeup went--hope you got enough sleep! :? I don't sleep well and am usually up really late. ;) If you had to go to hair and makeup, did you film scenes that day? How did they go, if so? :)

I figured that you meant "evil" in more than once sense. I guess I was too tired to show it. :| :lol:

I had wondered about the people I'd be working with as I know some actors can be hard to work with. On Sunday, some of us talked about how nice of a group we have to work with. I fully agree as I didn't know what to expect from the strangers, who are now my friends. I didn't know if anyone would be "full of themselves", have major attitudes, etc. Nope...not the case at all. Very cool bunch of people. I'm the one on the set known as the "diva". :lol: It's all in fun, though.

True....you never know God's plan. :) I didn't know I'd be in the film; just thought I'd be working behind the scenes, so.... :)

I did film one of my scenes that day. We did several "takes" of the same scene, and at one point, my brain froze up and I couldn't remember the second sentence of my lines. Eeeek! :shock: I was standing there looking over the heads of the kids in the scene, trying hurry and remember it, but ended up saying something like "Line! I forgot my line!" :roll: I remember pounding my fist against my forehead out of frustration, and the leading male was yelling "What?! The diva forgot her lines?! How does that even happen?!" :lol: That'll be one for the blooper reel. :lol:
I got it on the next take, thank goodness. :)

After our lunch break, we'd all gotten really relaxed and didn't want to get back to work, so thankfully, when we got back to the set, I was told that I was done for the day. :) I stayed around for about an hour and a half to watch the other scenes being filmed, then I changed out of my costume and headed out to run some errands before coming home. I got home around 6pm and I fell alseep on the sofa sometime around 9pm. I can't remember how long I slept there until getting up and going to bed. :|

Since we got that scene done and the director said he loved the way it looked once he reviewed it later that night and the next day, we shouldn't have to do it again. Unless something changes, I have a break from filming until a couple of days after Christmas. Yaay! :D

Some of the outdoor scenes will be filmed today, I think, but since it's supposed to rain, I don't know if they'll make it or not.
Supposedly, filming should wrap up around mid January, if things go as planned, then of course there's the editing, so it will probably be summer of 2013 before it's ready.
I think they started with the first bit of fliming back in February. I think I it was March when I started with the BTS photos and videos. At that time, we were out in the country at the spooky old house for those scenes. It was in a very, very small town about a 20-30 minute drive from here. They only have one traffic light, and their one gas station isn't open past 10pm. :|
There were some places like really rundown farmhouses and barns that would have made for beautiful photos. I didn't have time to stop and take any, but hope to get back up there one day.

I'm usually up at very late hours, too. Maybe it's very early hours, depending on how you look at it. Whichever, I know it's odd. :lol:
I work for myself (mostly from home), so I can take a nap when I need to, but I'm never on a decent sleep schedule because I wake up from a nap, get back to work, then maybe fall asleep again while watching TV.

If I were to become an actress in demand, I'd have to find a decent schedule for rest, for sure. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: HunterMan - continuing our discussiong of my movie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 pm 

I'm usually up really late too...I don't sleep very well. Of course then I hate mornings. ;)

Sounds like you have a really good thing going with this movie...easy-going, humorous people to work with. I lucked out in college and most of our play productions were the same--everyone enjoyed each other and it made it a blast! I wish I could find some movie near hear being filmed and become involved somehow. But, that's almost too good to happen, with me. ;)

I also love to photograph and explore old/abandoned houses, schools, buildings, etc... It's been a hobby of mine since I was a small child. Abandoned schools are my favorite...don't ask me why, they just always have been. :lol: I have a ton of old pics of them from all over my state. Being able to film a movie near or in an old house or building would be superb!!

Can you tell me what your movie is called?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

I'm SO not a morning person, but sometimes I have to get up early to meet with clients or the work on an event, like a wedding. The wedding may take place midday, but I have to be there early to set things up. Same as with my photography, depending on the subject.

Isn't it great to work with good people? :)
Yes, I really enjoy working with the cast and crew. Every now and then, a few of the kids get bored and a bit out of hand, but nothing really serious.

One of my friends (was a best friend to my mom) used to work security on movie sets in Cali, and she also traveled with the crew when they needed extra security on duty. She's ex-military, but so tiny, and just to look at her, you wouldn't think she could handle it, but McCall did her thing with her tiny self, so.... :lol: Anyway, she said that when she first started in that line of work, she was expecting a lot of the cast and crew to be snobs, especially the actors, though she didn't spend a lot of time with them one-on-one. She worked as security for one of Sylvester Stallone's films, met him and said he was very nice. She said she talked to him maybe twice, and was very surprised at how kind he was, and by how many people felt the same about him. :)

I've loved photography since I was a young kid, too. I got my first real camera at the age of two. It was a used Polaroid...the kind where the photo comes out of the camera and you had to peel back the black film cover to see the image. As the image appeared, it had such an odd smell. Those were the days. :lol: My mom got tired of me always trying to take pictures with her camera, knowing I may break it, so she or my uncle got that camera for me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the chance for you to be in movie comes up, soon. :)

The name of the movie I'm in is "Survive the Innocent", an indie film by Steven Satterwhite. They spelled his name wrong in two or three different articles, but I learned yesterday; one of the editors contacted him and corrected one of the online articles. That was nice.

Here's are some links -

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:44 pm 

Awesome...read the article links you provided, and it sounds pretty wild! :) I will have to look for it when it's released. You'll have to let me know when it is. Will it be in theaters?

One famous person I've met was Michael Learned from "The Waltons" (she was Olivia Walton, the mom)...as they actually did film part of some TV movie in the small mid-west town I grew up in and Learned was in it. They had a time where fans could meet her and get an autograph. I was 5 at the time and I remember shaking her hand and saying it was nice to meet her, LOL! :lol:

The only other somewhat famous person I've met was Max Lucado. He's a well-known minister out of Texas and has written tons of books and even helped produce several TV movies made from some of his books. My aunt went to his church in the San Antonio area for several years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 am 
Site Admin

---------
It's an independent film at the moment, and it depends on funding/production companies when it comes to the theaters.

He'll be submitting it to Sundance and other film festivals and companies, plus talking with various production companies about having it released to a larger scale of people. He's talking about a premiere night at a theater, and hopefully we can have it here at the theater that's actually shown in the movie. It's been downtown since at least the 1940s.

So far, I've been told the estimated time for it to be edited properly may be five to six months, if things go well. We're supposed to finish filming in mid January, so it'll be sometime during the summer before it may be ready to go. After that, I don't know all the steps it takes to have it released, which theaters he'll be looking to have it shown, or if he or any investors actually decide all of that. I'd forgotten that it can take a year or longer for movies to fall into place after filming. I was like "Editing? Oooh, yeeeah." :lol:

You may be able to catch it on channels like Sundance or Indie Plex, but I have no idea of when that may be.
I'll let you know.

It's cool that you've met someone famous, and someone (Miss Learned) who seems like a nice person. :) I'm not familiar with the minister you mentioned.

I've met a couple of celebrities. I met - - -

Liz and Jean Segal - The twins from "Double Trouble", an 80s sitcom. They're also the sisters of actress Katie Segal of "Married w/ Children".

Yorlin Madera, who played the first Christian Vega on "One Life to Live"
He was signing autographed photos in our local mall....took a photo with him.

Norman Fell - Mr. Roper of "Three's Company"
We stood beside each other in line at a Denny's in Florida and talked about desserts. :lol: He and other cast members, Richard Kline "Larry" and John Ritter were at mall being filmed for a talk show interview. It was really cool to see that there had been a stage set up in the middle of that mall, there were lights and cameras around, and the interview could be heard over the mall's main speakers. I was able to see them from several feet away as they were on stage, but never got to John or Richard. I recall seeing John "fall" out of his chair and onto the floor, and of course people were cracking up. :lol:

Beyonce - She's my cousin, so.... :D
Seriously, she is, but it's not like we hang out or even talk on the phone. I've met her twice that I can recall, and the first time I met her, she was a little girl and we were at a family event. The next time was years ago when she was with the original set of girls in Destiny's Child. They came here for a concert. I think I told you in a post about how the family got into the concert for free and talked with them on the tour bus.

Do stunt people count? :lol: I think I also told you about my meeting the stunt double for Linsday Wagner's character, Jaime on "The Bionic Woman".
The stunt double was originally from here, and during her time off, she'd come to visit her family. One year, she worked as a substitute teacher and taught one of my classes. I think I was in third grade. So many of the kids didn't get that she was the stunt woman, and thought she was actually Lindsey when she explained what she did. Ah, naive kids. LOL! I got her autograph....still have it, but the ink is a bit smeared.

Though I didn't meet actress Sunny Mabrey (x X x: State of the Union), she's from my city and I've met her parents and visited their art school. Very nice people.

Over the years, I've come to learn that several celebrities are from my city or a city nearby, and it's pretty cool. Well, it's cool when they don't embarrass us. LOL!
There's a rapper that's from here, but I don't listen to his music. He's extremely vulgar. :roll: He goes by "Yelawolf" and one of my cousin's was pretty good friends with him.

Seems like I'm leaving someone out that I've met. If I think of them, I'll share.

Profile E-mail