It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from China
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:30 am 

Sponsored Links

Hello everyone, it's Jessie from China. I'm a big big fan of Hunter, especially SK ever since I was a school girl. I'm living in Beijing. It's so nice to meet you all here!

Jessie

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello from China
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:34 am 

Hello, Jessie! :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm the forum host, and everyone calls me LM for short.

It's so nice to have a new member who truly loves the show and SK. :D
I'm more of a fan of hers, than if FD's, though I love them both as their characters.

The forum has been rather slow lately, and I had considered shutting it down...very recently, actually. Hopefully you'll help to bring some new topics or some old topics that we enjoy discussing. :)

Enjoy!

Sponsored links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 am 

Dear LM,

Pls. don't shut down this website. You don't know how much fun we got from your website. I'm saying "we" because I'm not the only one from China who is Stepfanie's fan. There is a group of her fans scattering in various locations in China. However, probably due to some internet access restriction, not everyone can log on to this website. For instance, now I'm travelling in Chengdu, a city located in Southwest of China, I can log on to your website. However if I go back to Beijing, I will not be able to log on again. So I cannot visit your website regularly. But I promise you that I will try to log on as much as I can, and share information with all of you.

Hunter is one of the most beautiful memories treasured in our heart. Dee Dee McCall starred by Stepfanie is the most beautiful image that we can never forget.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:55 pm 

Hi, TTeng53.

I just read a new post from a new member.... someone in Chengdu. Did you tell someone there about this forum, and had them to join us?

My friend and co-moderator, HATBC suggested that I try keeping it open for the rest of this year and see how it goes. I was ready to shut down right away because there has been more work in taking care of it, then there have been messages. When she's not too busy, HATBC has been really good about catching spam and removing it from the forum. Sometimes I have to grab it, but thankfully it hasn't been to bad, lately. I just have to check each time I allow a new member into the group because they are often not really fans, but spammers. We've even had so-called fans post material containing nude images of various people. I hate that! :x

I'll let it stay open for a while since we now have new people posting. Thank you! :D Maybe you'll inspire others to join. :)

I didn't realize that some people can't access the forum or site from various parts of the world, even if they do have internet. I've learned something new today. It's too bad, too. I know that SK has a huge following in China and it would be great to have a larger group of her fans posting here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:01 pm 

Yay, a new member!

Welcome, welcome!

It's always nice to see new posters when I log on! It brightens my day some!

My name is HATBC and I try to post as often as I can, I've had some family drama to take care and have been away from the board for such a long time, but thankfully, it seems that things are returning to normal and I will be here more...hopefully.

I'm looking forward to many new and exciting conversations!

Just wondering, but did any of the other featured shows (JAG, Law And Order: SVU, The X-Files) ever air in China, too?

Once again, welcome to the board!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 am 

Yeah, dream4deedee is my friend in China. We got to know each other because of the common love for "Hunter" and SK. She spent a lot of time searching for news about SK and FD. She told me about your website, asking me to join you and saying that if we didn't, probably you would close the forum.

In China, a lot of US sitcoms are very popular. Hunter is of course one of them. I don't remember about JAG or SVU, but I do remember about X files. I was at the university at that time, so didn't watch much TV. I also remember that when I was a kid, I like "Growing Pains", "Dynasty" and "Eagles Crest".

In recently years, the following shows are popular in China:

Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Housewives
24 Hours
Prison Break
West Wing
Gilmore Girls
O.C Boys
Gossip Girls
Brothers and Sisters
Boston Legal......

This will be a long list. I didn't watch all of them. Since I bought the whole seasons of Hunter, I gave up all those shows. I watched Hunter almost every night!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 am 

---------
I'm glad dream4deedee talked you into joining, and I'm glad they joined, too. :)
I guess my complaining paid off. :oops: I'll try not to do that too much. I was just really frustrated at the time, and since it was the third time I'd considered closing, I was hating to, but ready. About three years ago, we moved from another forum due to techical issues. All of our posts were deleted w/o permission! :x :cry:
I was ready to shut down, then, but found this forum setup. It's a lot better.

It's nice that you were interested in so many shows from the US. :)

I watched Dynasty and Falcon's Crest sometimes. I was more into Dallas. As for the others on your list, I've watched Desperate Housewives (not that into it, now), and maybe two episodes of Grey's Anatomy. :|

I think my list would be very, very long. Not sure if that's good or bad. :lol:

I love all of the shows listed on this forum. Well, I've fallen out of love with SVU a bit. I want more storylines for the rest of the cast, plus they need to decide if Benson and Stabler are going to be more than friends or not. Probably not.

Sponsored links

Profile E-mail