It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello everyone!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 am 

Hello all!

I'm so happy to have found this forum and fellow Hunter fans!! I was really feeling alone in my obsession and it's so nice to see that I am not alone, especially after all these years!!!! I am 35 and from NJ, and a huuuuuuge Hunter fan!!! I don't remember watching Hunter when it was on on Saturday nights, since I was really young, but I stumbled upon it in the early 90s (91 maybe) when it was on in syndication and used to be on at 4pm M-F and I would race home after high school just to watch it. I used to get the TV guide each week to see what the next week's episodes and have my Aunt tape all of my favorite ones so I could watch them over and over again!! I was so hooked on the show because of the chemistry between Hunter and McCall. I loved all of the playful flirting and sexual tension/innuendos and that was enough to keep me hooked!! I was always waiting to see what would happen next with them and was very very sad when SK decided to leave the show and watching that ending to Streetwise was hard. It made me cry! lol! I couldn't watch the show after SK left. I have no interest in season 7 at all.

A couple of months back, I stumbled upon the DVD set on Amazon and saved it in my "wish list" in order to get it at some point. I was so excited to find it. Then, like 2 Sundays ago, I had a dream about Hunter and McCall, out of nowhere! It was crazy and I woke up and was like "omg, I need to order this DVD set! I also found out that the episodes were on Hulu and starting watching some until my DVD set arrived. Then I starting googling SK, FD and H&M and came across this forum, the fanfiction site, the YouTube videos, and was in love all over again! It's crazy, I've become obsessed all over again! And, also found myself being really sad that this show was sooooooo many years ago, and that we will never get the ending that we wanted...... :(

Anyway....enough rambling.....glad to "meet" you all, and look forward to discussing my favorite show with all of you!! I don't watch any of the other shows here, just Hunter.

BrassCupcake76

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:54 am 

Oh, and I of course wanted Hunter and McCall to get to get together romantically!!! I have enjoyed reading the fanfictions that tell that story!!! Ahhhh.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome aboard, Brasscupcake76!

It's nice to have the board active with topics on "Hunter", again. :)
Are you a fan of any of the other shows, here?

I take it that I'm quit a bit older than you are as I watched "Hunter" during it's original run. :) I also watched when it aired years later on TBS and TVLand.

I happy to be able to get the DVD set last year. I don't care much for S7, but I have to claim that it exists. It's still "Hunter". [sigh] Some people will argue other down that the season doesn't exist for them. Maybe it "doesn't" for them, but it does in the real world. :lol:

I hated to see Stepfanie go, too. I think we all....or at least many of us hated how she left. Somewhere on the board there are discussions about how we felt about the whole Alex situation. Maybe you'll come across it and will add your thoughts. You can use the "search" function on the forum. If you search and can't find it, you can start a new topic. I usually try to get people to add to the older ones, but as slow as things have been....whatever. :|
:lol:

I'm glad you're enjoying your time here. Too bad you weren't around when members kept the forum really busy on a daily basis, plus we'd have chats in the chat room. I miss those days! Facebook became really popular and the forum world started to fade out. I started this forum several years ago, though it was with another setup. I moved here a few years ago because the other setup was deleting our posts on its own, plus spammers were taking over.

I started off with about four moderators, but they all went to Facebook (way before any of the fan groups opened) or to handle other issues and left me hanging w/o a word, and the work alone was a bit much. One member, HATBC, would help when she could, and has stopped by recently to post. I really appreciate her for that. :D I know she's been very busy, too.

Twice, I announced that I'd be shutting the forum down, but a couple of fans told me to keep it open and that they'd visit. Still waiting.

If I had closed it, I wouldn't be replying to your message, now. :)

Thanks again, and enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:15 pm 

Hi! Thank you for the warm welcome! No, I am not a fan of any of the other shows on here... just Hunter. :)

Ooooh... interesting... I'll have to look up some of those posts about Alex and how SK left the show. Ugh, I was so not happy with that!!!!! I didn't even think he was good looking! :roll: LOL!!!! I know, I am SOOOO baised being that I wanted McCall to end up with Hunter!!!! I mean, lets be real.... Alex was "in and out of her life for 8 years...." Hunter, on the other hand, never left her side in 6 years! Ahh..... but sadly I digress.... we all know why it was written that way..... Just sucks that I am sad all over again! LOL! It feels like 20 years ago all over again!

Even though I am late to the party, I am happy to connect with everyone here! hopefully we can get this place jumping again! I know, everyone's moved on to facebook... I've seen forums that I have been part of dwindle as well... its a sign of the times, I suppose...... But I am happy to connect here to share my passion lol and also to connect on facebook with the other fans and with Stepfanie herself. Although, I am a little sad that she hasn't responded to my email! LOL Oh well......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I've almost got 10 years on you in age. I turned 44 this January.

I know that Stepfanie had to be written out of the show as she wished, and I'm most thankful that they didn't have Dee Dee killed, but I still didn't like how it was handled.

We knew absolutely NOTHING about Alex, but we were supposed to believe that they had been so in love during and eight year on/off relationship that he could come back and in a few days have her marry him? Get serious! :roll:
They took us for a bunch of dummies.

Alex wasn't horrible-looking (pretty eyes), but he just didn't do it for me. I didn't like his attitude towards Dee Dee's job, either. Again, I'm veering off. LOL! I'll see if I can find a topic about him and post the link for you. That way we can discuss him even more w/o being too far off the topic here, and not knowing where to find it next time. LOL!

I think Facebook is going to start to fade, too. I've heard of so many complaints about it changing too often, and how so many people hate the new setups that come with those changes. None have really bothered me, but I prefer a forum when it comes to talking about specific topics. If you miss out on something, you can always use the search function, you can see what's been newly posted by the highlight, etc.

As for Stepfanie posting to her fans on Facebook, that's a plus for sure. The thing that gets me is that many of the fans here have said that they wanted to get to Facebook ASAP for that reason, but they never post to her. They say they're afraid...don't know what to say...etc. Hmmm. I guess they enjoy reading what she says to others, but I'm here to tell you, I'm not afraid to post to her. LOL!

She's always been very sweet in answering my email, tweets and FB posts, so I can't complain. :)

Maybe you'll hear something soon.
She can be very, very busy at times and may not see an email. I've sent one and waited 2-3 weeks for a reply, and then sent another to ask if she got the first email, with an apology in case I was being a bother as I know she has a life. :) She did tell me that she hadn't seen one of them and apologized for not responding. Gotta love that!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:24 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Welcome, welcome!

I wish I had a spare moment or two to properly introduce myself right now, but I had a 4am flight this morning and I am just wiped! ("D" and I went to FL to visit my sister and be there to celebrate the baby's first b-day last week! It was a MAJOR milestone for her! So proud!) So, needless to say, my brain is all over right now! I'll try to stop in again tomorrow!

Quote:
I started off with about four moderators, but they all went to Facebook (way before any of the fan groups opened) or to handle other issues and left me hanging w/o a word, and the work alone was a bit much. One member, HATBC, would help when she could, and has stopped by recently to post. I really appreciate her for that. :D I know she's been very busy, too.

Any time! You're very welcome! I can only hope my posts become more regular!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 am 
Site Admin

Hi, HATBC!

Congratulations on the baby's first birthday! :D
Tell "T" to wish her a happy birthday from me.

Again, thanks for stopping by when you can. I hope you get some rest from your trip.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 pm 

Hey!

Thanks, LM! I'll be sure to pass your message along to her! She'll be so thrilled!

And thank you! I'm back to normal now! I could have sworn I was jet-lagged or something and I never left the time zone! Haha! I slept in past 8am for the first time in probably 15 years! It was awesome!

Okay - so a little about me-
I can't remember how long I've been posting here. I go all the way back to the old HBHB forum. So, it's been awhile!

I've loved Hunter since way back when.
I used to like SVU, but I am so over it now. It went completely downhill, IMO.
I love JAG. They just rock.
And I've only seen a few episodes of The X-Files to date, but I did like what I saw.

Oh, and I'm an Army Wives fan!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm 

Hi HATBC! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 am 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:
Hey!

Thanks, LM! I'll be sure to pass your message along to her! She'll be so thrilled!

And thank you! I'm back to normal now! I could have sworn I was jet-lagged or something and I never left the time zone! Haha! I slept in past 8am for the first time in probably 15 years! It was awesome!

Okay - so a little about me-
I can't remember how long I've been posting here. I go all the way back to the old HBHB forum. So, it's been awhile!

I've loved Hunter since way back when.
I used to like SVU, but I am so over it now. It went completely downhill, IMO.
I love JAG. They just rock.
And I've only seen a few episodes of The X-Files to date, but I did like what I saw.

Oh, and I'm an Army Wives fan!

I appreciate that you'll pass along my message. :)
You're welcome. :)

You're back to normal? :| Oh, right...that just means you're still crazy. Whew! :lol:

I'm sure you did enjoy such a long sleep. Good for you! Jet-lag w/o leaving the time zone? Yep....normal. LOL! Your body and mind were probably freaking out over not working so hard and having a little down-time. :)
I've been sleeping a lot lately, and my guyfriend (who claims he wants to be more than that) asked if I were pregnant. I said "Boy, shut up! No!" He said "You'd better not be because you're not my wife, yet." I reminded him that I wasn't even his girlfriend and that as far as I knew, the one kiss we shared would not cause pregnancy. Someone will soon tell me thier pregnant, but I can't return the favor at the moment. :lol:

Yep, you've stuck by me and my forums pretty much from the start, my friend. :D
I keep forgetting that this is actually the third forum. :? Weren't you and "T" members of the very first one that had very, very few members....maybe about five? I don't think there were any emoticons and there may have been a limit to how much one could type for lack of space. Thank goodness that's not an issue, here. LOL! After that one, I moved us to the one before this one where you made the banner for me. :) All of our posts were being deleted because of the screwed up system. [sigh].

Thanks for hanging in for so long. I hope you continue to be around for many more years. :D

As for SVU, I've only watched one episode this season and fell asleep before it was over. Ha! I was hoping to catch the ending, but apparently my body wanted a break. I don't recall the title, but it was about a woman who was attacked and raped in her home while her husband, who sat in an airport out of the country, could see the attack as they'd been talking via a setup like Skype.

I mentioned someplace around here that I'm sort of in the mood for "JAG" (yes, they totally rock!), and I've also been thinking of a couple of "X-Files" eps I'd like to see again.

Of course you know that I'm a "Army Wives" fan for sure! For me, this season's first two eps were just okay, but they've picked up the pace since then. Good stuff!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 pm 

I passed your message along and Teri was very touched! She sends her thanks,

Haha, yes, my level of normal which is actually just a level of crazy. LOL!

I think you were right! I can't remember how long it as been since I have had NOTHING to do! I sat out by the pool almost everyday and D and I made it to the beach a few times too. Hmm. Love the sun and sand! And we went out for some coffee in the middle of the afternoon simply because we could! It was wonderful. :kava:

LOL! Men! :lol: That is one of the funniest stories I have heard all day!

Of course I've stuck around! Us crazies have to stay together! LOL! In all seriousness, though, this has been the nicest forum I have every belonged to. It's a happy and fun atmosphere were everyone is welcome. Sadly, a few of the forums I have been to before weren't quit as welcoming. I'm sure you know of some of the ones I am referring to!

I think we might have been. But I can't remember for sure. The last forum that I can remember (before this one) was green. Was that the second one? Or is my mind just making something up?

Oooh...limits?! That did really work for us!

I can't remember the last new episode of SVU I have seen. I watched a few eps a few weeks ago, but they were old USA Network reruns.

I was pleasantly surprised by AW this season. It did start out slow, but man, they sure fixed that! I can't believe that the finale is almost here. That went by way too fast!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

---------
Quote:
I passed your message along and Teri was very touched! She sends her thanks,

Haha, yes, my level of normal which is actually just a level of crazy. LOL!

Aww, that's sweet. Thank you for telling her, and she's most welcome. :)

Yes, a level of crazy is right, but that's cool with me. LOL!

Quote:
I think you were right! I can't remember how long it as been since I have had NOTHING to do! I sat out by the pool almost everyday and D and I made it to the beach a few times too. Hmm. Love the sun and sand! And we went out for some coffee in the middle of the afternoon simply because we could! It was wonderful.

That's great, and even more-so because you have a great husband to share such days with. :)

Quote:
LOL! Men! That is one of the funniest stories I have heard all day!

Glad to make you laugh. LOL! Yes, men are a trip. Sometimes all we can do is laugh at them when we can't through chairs at them. :lol:

Quote:
Of course I've stuck around! Us crazies have to stay together! LOL! In all seriousness, though, this has been the nicest forum I have every belonged to. It's a happy and fun atmosphere were everyone is welcome. Sadly, a few of the forums I have been to before weren't quit as welcoming. I'm sure you know of some of the ones I am referring to!

Aww. It's good to know that you appreciate my craziness as much as I appreciate yours. :lol:
I'm so happy that you like it here so much. :) I've tried to keep it a decent place.
Yes, I do know of the forum you speak of. It's a shame it turned out that way. :roll:

Quote:
I think we might have been. But I can't remember for sure. The last forum that I can remember (before this one) was green. Was that the second one? Or is my mind just making something up?

Oooh...limits?! That did really work for us!

The forum before this one was a bit of a gold-tone on my computer. It was full of various topics and had a setup pretty much the same as this one, it the way the pages look. Before that one, the forum was black and green. The background was black and the text was green. I think I had that one during the time Powderblue was opening up her message board on Network54. I don't know if you recall the message board before that one. It was the first one I joined and then it shut down and we moved to Network54, but during the wait time, I opened my first one.

Nope, limits are NOT our thing! LOL!

Quote:
I can't remember the last new episode of SVU I have seen. I watched a few eps a few weeks ago, but they were old USA Network reruns.

I was pleasantly surprised by AW this season. It did start out slow, but man, they sure fixed that! I can't believe that the finale is almost here. That went by way too fast!

I started to watch a few eps of SVU on USA a few days ago, but passed on them. I'm so glad that AW picked up the pace and after the premiere. I was worried for a minute.

After typing that last paragraph, I thought of how we'd joke about using so many letters when talking about L&O: SVU, AW, H&M, the other H&M, B&S, and so on. :lol:

Profile E-mail