It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hart To Hart
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

She looked enough like her to be a sister of hers, I guess...if memory serves. She had the same type of round eyes as Lindsay, was blonde and about the same size, I guess. I know she didn't seem very tall...maybe average height of 5ft 7in/8in, but I don't know how tall Lindsay is. :| For some reason, I always figured her to be around 5ft 9in/10in.

Wonder Woman with a mustache. Not a good look. :lol:

Yeah, it was pretty cool to meet her. :) I got her autograph. I should look for it and then search for her name online to see if she's still in the biz. Um...well, she'd probably be around 55-60 years old, so.... :?
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
She looked enough like her to be a sister of hers, I guess...if memory serves. She had the same type of round eyes as Lindsay, was blonde and about the same size, I guess. I know she didn't seem very tall...maybe average height of 5ft 7in/8in, but I don't know how tall Lindsay is. :| For some reason, I always figured her to be around 5ft 9in/10in.

Wonder Woman with a mustache. Not a good look. :lol:

Yeah, it was pretty cool to meet her. :) I got her autograph. I should look for it and then search for her name online to see if she's still in the biz. Um...well, she'd probably be around 55-60 years old, so.... :?
:lol:

I don't know how tall Lindsay is either?? I have both "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman" on DVD...as well as all their reunion TV movies. Sometimes Lindsay seems fairly tall...other times she looks shorter. Who knows! :lol: I know that Lynda Carter was reported to be taller than she actually was during "Wonder Woman"--she was reported to be over 6ft. tall when in reality she was only about 5ft.8in. or 5ft. 9in.

As for the man with the mustache who did the Wonder Woman stunt...the mustache wasn't shown, as they used bandaids to try and cover it up! :roll: I wonder how bad that would've hurt when the dude had to tear 'em off? :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

According to the site I found, she's 5ft. 9in. tall.

Yeah, I read that you said a band-aid was used to cover the mustache.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 am 

That would seem about right.

Poor Stepfanie Kramer was so short compared to Fred Dryer, that I've read once they sometimes had her standing on some kind of boxes to help her look not quite so short, when they filmed some scenes of them right next to each other. :lol:

I wonder how tall Stefanie Powers was compared to Robert Wagner?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 am 
Site Admin

Yes, the boxes were used in photos to keep the photographer from having to stand so far back. The duo would have appeared to be a mile away in order to fit them both in. :lol:

Stefanie Powers is supposedly 5ft. 7in.

Robert Wagner is supposedly 5ft. 11in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
Yes, the boxes were used in photos to keep the photographer from having to stand so far back. The duo would have appeared to be a mile away in order to fit them both in. :lol:

Stefanie Powers is supposedly 5ft. 7in.

Robert Wagner is supposedly 5ft. 11in.

I have a 16x20 poster of Hunter and McCall (from about 2nd season judging from McCall's hairdew) and even though it's a close-up of headshots...half of Fred is in the picture while only Stepfanie's head and just below her neck is incuded! Even then, you could tell how tall Fred was compared to Stepf! :o :lol:

Thanks for the info on the "Hart's heights"--now that's a corny sounding tongue twister if I ever heard one! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm 

---------
The one thing that's probably different about the duo of the Harts in "Hart to Hart", compared to the other duo-shows mentioned here, is that supposedly Robert Wagner (Jonathan Hart) and Stefanie Powers (Jennifer Hart) actually did have an affair while "Hart to Hart" was in production. :o

Around Thanksgiving 1981 actress Natalie Wood, Wagner's wife, drowned in a freak accident off their yacht. Within days of that veteran actor William Holden, Stefanie's long-time partner, died unexpectedly. Wagner and Powers had already become very close, practically best friends while doing "Hart to Hart". Because both of their lovers and/or significant others died so close to each other, they spent most of their time together, consoling each other..."Hart" style. ;)

Not that I personally approve of all that, but the affection the Harts have for each other on the show appeals to me...mostly because not only does it appear genuine--it actually was "real"! I have no idea how long their intimate relationship lasted but both did eventually move on to other spouses and/or lovers. However, both have always remained very close and continue to get together to help promote or support the other in different endeavors, and to discuss their memories on "Hart to Hart".

Profile E-mail