It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hart To Hart
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:55 am 

Does Sony still own this show, like most of the old Spelling and Goldberg shows? Sony's another studio company that is "famous" for starting a show on DVD and then abandoning it after a couple sets! :x They released the first 2 seasons of "Hart To Hart" and then stopped.

I loved this show growing up and I actually do have the whole show and all the reunion movies on a special homemade DVD set I found on a website one time. The episodes are old Family Channel ones (from probably the early '90's) and play okay...but the picture and sound are not studio quality.

I really wish Sony would get their rear-in-gear and put out more of the Harts!(h)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hart To Hart
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

I loved this show! :)

According to a couple of online sites, Sony still owns it.

It's a shame that Stefanie Powers turned down the offer for three more movies. It's said that in 2008, she contacted Robert Wagner about a reunion movie, but he turned it down. :|

If anyone else is interested, you can see eps from S1 and S2 on hulu.com and various episodes on YahooTV.

hulu.com

YahooTV

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Thanks for the links, LM. I still haven't seen any of this show, so hopefully I will be able to watch a few of these episodes that are online before I go back to work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome, HATBC. :)

If I could remember the best eps IMO, I'd tell you so you could check them out. It's been such a long time. :|

I hope you like it. I was watching an ep after posting the note, but my phone rang and I was on for over two hours. Sheesh!
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:37 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
I loved this show! :)

According to a couple of online sites, Sony still owns it.

It's a shame that Stefanie Powers turned down the offer for three more movies. It's said that in 2008, she contacted Robert Wagner about a reunion movie, but he turned it down. :|

If anyone else is interested, you can see eps from S1 and S2 on hulu.com and various episodes on YahooTV.

hulu.com

YahooTV

So Stefanie Powers turned down offers to do more "Hart To Hart" movies? Offers from Robert? I know that in May of 2008 Stefanie and Robert Wagner reunited again on the British TV series "The Graham Norton Show" to do a "Hart to Hart" spoof episode! Maybe that's when she decided she wanted to do another reunion movie but this time Wagner turned it down??

Sad...they should do another one before Wagner gets too old. He's a heck of a lot older than Stefanie! He'll be 80 in a couple months.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Yes, Robert said he had no interest in being the oldest detective on TV. :|
So, it may have been during that time on Norton's show.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:31 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:

Aww...that's too bad! Look at Raymond Burr and Barbara Hale and all the "Perry Mason" reunion movies!! They did 30 before stopping (26 with Burr)...and he was 75--they only stopped because Raymond had died after a long battle with liver cancer.

But, I guess I understand. If Robert Wagner feels too old and doesn't want to do the "Jonathan Hart" role anymore, no one can force him. I'm glad and thankful for the "Hart To Hart" reunion movies they did do! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:17 am 

I hate to "ambush" this thread with a JAG comment, but in April JAG comes upon it's 5th anniversary since the show ended. Don't you think that would be a great time for a reunion?! I'd love to see the gorgeous, adorable, miracle MacKenzie-Rabb babies! Oh, and "flashbacks" of their wedding would be nice too....among a few other things! :mrgreen: :lol:

Oh, well, I doubt it will happen this year. But I'm still holding out hope. LM, did I tell you that I read in USA Weekend that DPB was interested, but it was up to CBS because they own the rights?

So let's look this over --
Catherine - certainly would be interested considering her husband wrote a script
DPB - liked the script and on board
DJE - I truly believed he's had a change of heart and would do a movie
CBS - ?? Okay, who do I have to sweet talk into agreeing for that movie?! Wanna come and help?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

HunterMan wrote:
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:

Aww...that's too bad! Look at Raymond Burr and Barbara Hale and all the "Perry Mason" reunion movies!! They did 30 before stopping (26 with Burr)...and he was 75--they only stopped because Raymond had died after a long battle with liver cancer.

But, I guess I understand. If Robert Wagner feels too old and doesn't want to do the "Jonathan Hart" role anymore, no one can force him. I'm glad and thankful for the "Hart To Hart" reunion movies they did do! :)

He may have been thinking that he wouldn't be as agile as before and that just wouldn't work. I know they used stuntmen/women for them, but I'm guessing he'd want to do some of his own like before, no matter how minor the stunt. That's just my opinion, though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:
I hate to "ambush" this thread with a JAG comment, but in April JAG comes upon it's 5th anniversary since the show ended. Don't you think that would be a great time for a reunion?! I'd love to see the gorgeous, adorable, miracle MacKenzie-Rabb babies! Oh, and "flashbacks" of their wedding would be nice too....among a few other things! :mrgreen: :lol:

Oh, well, I doubt it will happen this year. But I'm still holding out hope. LM, did I tell you that I read in USA Weekend that DPB was interested, but it was up to CBS because they own the rights?

Catherine - certainly would be interested considering her husband wrote a script
CBS - ?? Okay, who do I have to sweet talk into agreeing for that movie?! Wanna come and help?

HATBC, with all these cops (including the real-life cops we're related to), you're ambushing this thread?! :o
Well, at least it's something worth talking about and does have the same theme going. :lol:

No, you didn't tell me about it. I think we need to get all McCall on CBS...kicking some ***** and taking down some names. :lol:

It would be faaaabulous to see CB, DJE, MacKenzie-Rabb babies and as much as the gang as possible in a reunion in the near future! :D
If the execs at CBS have a tad bit of sense, they'll go along with it. Maybe DPB and the cast will persuade them to do it. I'm willing to help! :D

Fingers crossed!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:59 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
HATBC wrote:

HATBC, with all these cops (including the real-life cops we're related to), you're ambushing this thread?! :o
Well, at least it's something worth talking about and does have the same theme going. :lol:

No, you didn't tell me about it. I think we need to get all McCall on CBS...kicking some ***** and taking down some names. :lol:

It would be faaaabulous to see CB, DJE, MacKenzie-Rabb babies and as much as the gang as possible in a reunion in the near future! :D
If the execs at CBS have a tad bit of sense, they'll go along with it. Maybe DPB and the cast will persuade them to do it. I'm willing to help! :D

Fingers crossed!

Hey, all the cops I'm related to are away for the weekend. (Even T&M went to her mom's, so I don't get to keep the twins tonight! :cry: ) So I guess I feel like breaking the law! :lol: After all, I mean no one is here to stop me. :twisted:

Why yes indeed. It is, in some shape or form, interesting to talk about and indirectly related to this topic. LOL!

Hey, I'm all for kicking ***** and talking names! You name the when and where and I'll be there! ;)

I know!! A movie of sorts would be the greatest! Heck, the Admiral better be there! And what about Krennick for old times' sake?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

My brother is on his way out of town. Not sure about the other and my cousins and friends, though.

I hope you get to see the twins very soon. :)

I feel like breaking the law, too. Maybe I'll go steal my friend's new sports car...an early Christmas gift to himself. :lol:

Anyway, if getting the group back together would mean Krennick, too, I'm good with that. :) What about Singer's ghost? If they make a Halloween ep/reunion, that would totally work! LOL! I need my Gunny!!!
:cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:51 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
He may have been thinking that he wouldn't be as agile as before and that just wouldn't work. I know they used stuntmen/women for them, but I'm guessing he'd want to do some of his own like before, no matter how minor the stunt. That's just my opinion, though.

Back to "Hart To Hart"...LOL!! :lol: Sorry, never really got into "JAG" that much :| , but each to his or her own!! :)

Back when "Hart To Hart" was on, at that time almost all crime/cop shows used stunt men/women for their main characters--unlike now when everyone seems to want to do their own stunts. If you look real close or pay attention in some old "Hart To Hart" episodes you can tell it's not Robert Wagner or Stefanie Powers during fight or dangerous scenes.

So, I understand if Wagner wouldn't want to do that...but if he used stuntmen before when he was younger, why couldn't they use stuntmen made up to look like him now? But, that's just my opinion! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:25 am 
Site Admin

You really don't have to pay that close attention to know they're stunt actors in many cases.

I've even posted clips on Youtube of those who've stepped in for SK of "Hunter". Very obvious that a man was standing in for her in those scenes. You can also tell there's a stuntperson walking through the swamp for her in part two of "Rape and Revenge".

One guy in for a scene for FD (can't recall the ep title) has a head full of hair when he lands on the ground. :| Totally not FD.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
My brother is on his way out of town. Not sure about the other and my cousins and friends, though.

I hope you get to see the twins very soon. :)

I feel like breaking the law, too. Maybe I'll go steal my friend's new sports car...an early Christmas gift to himself. :lol:

Anyway, if getting the group back together would mean Krennick, too, I'm good with that. :) What about Singer's ghost? If they make a Halloween ep/reunion, that would totally work! LOL! I need my Gunny!!!
:cry:

Gunny! Yummy Gunny! That would be heaven on earth! :yeeha: Man, I need to cool down. ^Ε05 LOL!

Hey, if you don't want to ride in that car alone, I'm game!

Singer's ghost? That would be a riot! I'd love to see DJE/Harm's reaction to that, you know?

Aww, thanks! I don't know when I'll see my babies next, but I do get to babysit on MLK Jr Day! :D A great way to spend my off day!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:32 pm 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:

I've even posted clips on Youtube of those who've stepped in for SK of "Hunter". Very obvious that a man was standing in for her in those scenes. -

I remember when you posted the clip with the male stunt double falling down the steps! It totally blew my mind because I was oblivious to it before! :oops: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to have brought it to your attention. I'd still like to know where a female stunt actor was at the time. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
You really don't have to pay that close attention to know they're stunt actors in many cases.

I've even posted clips on Youtube of those who've stepped in for SK of "Hunter". Very obvious that a man was standing in for her in those scenes. You can also tell there's a stuntperson walking through the swamp for her in part two of "Rape and Revenge".

One guy in for a scene for FD (can't recall the ep title) has a head full of hair when he lands on the ground. :| Totally not FD.

:lol: Yeah I know, a lot of times you don't have to pay that much attention to know it's a stuntperson. I do know that it was not always a male standing in for Stepfanie Kramer...they did use females some too.

But, sometimes the stunt was so dangerous and "rough" that maybe back then they felt a male was the only way to go. I know that in "Wonder Woman" sometimes they had to use male stunt guys and had to find ones that could fit into the costume! :lol: :lol: Also, one guy they had to put bandaids over his mustache so he could do some W.W. jump stunt. :roll:

I'm almost sure a stuntman for Fred Dryer had to be used during 3rd season's 2-part "Hot Pursuit"--the famous car chase were Hunter wrecks his Monaco by flying through the air and slams into a semi full of fuel--which of course explodes. However, supposedly Hunter jumps out right before this, and we see a guy rolling on the ground, over a small dirt or sand pile. The guy looks to have more hair than Fred ( :lol: ) and for the split second you see him it doesn't exactly look like Fred either. But, it was low budget 1980's TV. It still was awesome! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

If they were careful about using female stunt actors, they must not have cared to find a small male to stand in for SK. These guys were pretty big. :lol:
I can understand if the stunt called for a long fall, or something really dangerous. But having McCall being thrown on a bed? :| I imagine they considered the fact of ones head (star or stand-in) accidentally hitting the bedside table or lamp, so....

Years ago when I was in elem. school, one of our substitutes was a stunt woman....had been a teacher before. She was visiting her family here in Bama from Cali. She was quite small and said her most recent stunts were for Lindsay Wagner of "The Bionic Woman". Cool! :)
Some of the kids misunderstood and thought she was TBW, but she finally calmed them down enough to explain what her job was. Silly kids.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 pm 

---------
lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
If they were careful about using female stunt actors, they must not have cared to find a small male to stand in for SK. These guys were pretty big. :lol:
I can understand if the stunt called for a long fall, or something really dangerous. But having McCall being thrown on a bed? :| I imagine they considered the fact of ones head (star or stand-in) accidentally hitting the bedside table or lamp, so....

Years ago when I was in elem. school, one of our substitutes was a stunt woman....had been a teacher before. She was visiting her family here in Bama from Cali. She was quite small and said her most recent stunts were for Lindsay Wagner of "The Bionic Woman". Cool! :)
Some of the kids misunderstood and thought she was TBW, but she finally calmed them down enough to explain what her job was. Silly kids.

LOL!! :lol: Did this stuntwoman really look like Lindsay Wagner that much? Anyway, that was pretty cool that you got to meet the woman. :)

Sometimes the stuntpeople used in episodes of shows were really poor choices when it came to the actual size of the main character the stuntperson was supposed to be! :lol: But, back then a lot more stuntpeople were used than now days and TV was much more low budget than it is today. So, they a lot of times had to use who was available and/or who was able to accomplish the required stunts--aka male's with mustaches for Wonder Woman! :P

Profile E-mail