It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy (Belated) Birthday, LM!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Hey, everyone!

I was traveling last week, and sadly, I was not able to pop in and leave a note for LM's birthday. For some reason, I was thinking it was today, but as I was looking back, I realized that it was on the 10th (right?).

I didn't have time to make a new birthday greeting, so I'll just reuse one that I made a few years ago!

Once again, I am so sorry that it is late but we are still sending best wishes and I hope that you had a very wonderful day!

:hbd: :t6 :bananadance: :mml:

Oh, and have a drink or two! ;)

:martini: :wine:

:gifts:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Happy (Belated) Birthday, LM!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:02 am 
Site Admin

Hi, HATBC!

Yes, it's the tenth, but you still remembered! Awww! :D

Thank you so much! :bananadance:

I don't mind at all that you posted this greeting, again. I still love it and think it's such a sweet and heart-felt gift that you took time to create just for me. smilethanks
I appreciate that you took time to come here and leave the greeting for me. It truly means a lot. :D

I've had a wonderful birthday weekend....been celebrating since Friday. :D
I supposedly had a date set for the night of my birthday, but he said something came up and we'd have to go another time. Hmm. Whatever. :roll:

On to the good stuff!

I got some great gifts that started coming in a few days before my birthday; money from one of my friends, a flat screen TV from my brother, dinner with my cousin and her family on Friday (she also baked a key lime cake for me :D ), dinner with one of my best friends and her family on Saturday at my favorite Mexican restaurant, a birthday greeting from Stepfanie on FB (along with about a hundred others), and tomorrow, a gift that's from my brother and my dad....a car. :D It's not a new car, but it's new to me. LOL!
My other car gave up on running about four months ago and I've had my brother's Avalanche since then. I love that truck, but OMGoodness, it takes far, far too much gas! My brother puts gas in it at times so I don't have to pay, but I feel guilty and try to pay for it a few times. He doesn't mind, but still...

As for the car, my brother had been trying to repair the motor in my other one, but figured it was a lost cause. He had talked with my dad about helping him get me another car, and on my birthday, my brother called and said needed me to run an errand with him and was coming to pick me up. I thought he'd be driving one of his other cars, but when I went outside, the little black car was in my yard and he was sitting on the passenger's side so I'd have to get into the driver's seat. He'd come over in the car for me to test it out. :D
He had intended to get the carpeting cleaned up a bit more before I saw it, but since it was my birthday, he decided to at least let me drive it for a bit. It was such a nice surprise. :D
He took it back to his house to clean the carpets. Due to his work schedule and the rain (lots of rain), he wasn't able to get to it over the weekend, but hopefully, I'll get to bring it home today. Though not the same as hers, I'll miss my little red car as I could pretend I'm McCall. :lol:

I've had such a blessed birthday! I was a bit upset that I couldn't have my huge party (my money told me I couldn't have the party :| ....that my cruise was the party... :lol: ) , but knowing that so many people care so much for me has taken over. :grouphug: ^9

I thank God so much for all of you who take time to show that you care.

Thanks, again!
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 am 
Site Admin

I got a couple of greetings under "Fan Fiction Feedback" in replies to FRI chapter 44.

Thanks, guys!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Aww! Well, you are so very welcome! I just wish I would have remembered the correct day! :oops: I’m glad you didn't mind the old greeting. When I was looking for it on PhotoBucket, it actually brought back all kinds of old memories from our old “home.” I can’t believe how long ago that was!

I’m glad you had a great birthday weekend even though someone had to cancel. How rude!

I’m glad that you always enjoyed all your gifts. That’s great about your car! :D Well, not about what happened to the old one… ;) I just mean it’s great about your new one. And trust me -- there is nothing wrong with a “new” used car. Nothing at all! Every car I have ever owned has been used. New vs used cars is probably the only thing my husband and I do not agree on. Currently, he leases his (new) car and I just don’t see the point. Spending all that money on a car you don’t even get to keep? Come on! I just don’t understand buying a new car when it loses a great percent of its value as soon as you drive off the lot.

Although, when I was growing up, my dad was a mechanic – a genius of a mechanic when it came to fixing cars (probably like your dad and brother!) so I was never worried when it came to buying a used car because my dad would check it out first and see if it really was okay. My husband, however, is not a car guy at all – which is probably why we don’t see eye to eye when it comes to purchasing cars! ;) LOL

But anyway, pack on track – that was such a nice thing your dad and brother did. It’s so sweet and generous! I hope that the weather let up some and he was able to finish cleaning it out. I had to give my car a major cleaning out the other day. You see, a few weeks ago I had on a pair of earrings (just little ones – snowflake studs) but they bothered me so I took them out and set them in the cup holder. Well, I forgot they were there and put my paper coffee cup from Dunkin in the same holder. And.... it poked a hole in the cup. It was a total mess! Coffee spilled EVERYWHERE! It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to clean it in the snow! Ugh! So, a word to the wise – always remember where you leave your earrings! LOL
Oh – and you can still pretend to be McCall! Just pretend she got a new stylish black car!

I’m so glad that your birthday was very blessed and that you enjoyed it. It’s too bad about the party, but I’m sure the cruise was worth it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:51 am 
Site Admin

---------
Quote:
Aww! Well, you are so very welcome! I just wish I would have remembered the correct day! I’m glad you didn't mind the old greeting. When I was looking for it on PhotoBucket, it actually brought back all kinds of old memories from our old “home.” I can’t believe how long ago that was!

I’m glad you had a great birthday weekend even though someone had to cancel. How rude!

As long as you remembered, it's no big deal about the correct date. I know that you care. :)

Yes, it's been quite some time since we moved from our old "home", hasn't it? You've been with me from the start, or at least from the second of four forums that I've had until getting it right with this one. Wow! :D Do you recall the one that only allowed us a certain number of characters in a post, so we were limited to what we could type in a message? Sheeesh! :roll:

Totally rude of him to cancel our plans like that. He's been sick with bronchitis for the past week or so, and that's keeping us from going out, now.

Quote:
I’m glad that you always enjoyed all your gifts. That’s great about your car! Well, not about what happened to the old one… I just mean it’s great about your new one. And trust me -- there is nothing wrong with a “new” used car. Nothing at all! Every car I have ever owned has been used. New vs used cars is probably the only thing my husband and I do not agree on. Currently, he leases his (new) car and I just don’t see the point. Spending all that money on a car you don’t even get to keep? Come on! I just don’t understand buying a new car when it loses a great percent of its value as soon as you drive off the lot.

Thank you! :D
I agree about nothing being wrong about a "new" used car. :) I've never had a brand new car, though I'd like to and know that I will at some point, but I'm doing okay without that price tag, now. LOL!
Like you, I don't get the reasoning behind leasing a car. I have a friend, a cousin and an aunt who lease cars. To each his own, but I don't see myself doing that.
I'd like to buy my car and have it truly be mine, you know? Does D get discounts or free repairs with the leasing? I haven't asked anyone else because the thought just came to me, but I'm wondering if that's one reason people lease.

Quote:
Although, when I was growing up, my dad was a mechanic – a genius of a mechanic when it came to fixing cars (probably like your dad and brother!) so I was never worried when it came to buying a used car because my dad would check it out first and see if it really was okay. My husband, however, is not a car guy at all – which is probably why we don’t see eye to eye when it comes to purchasing cars! LOL

Isn't it great to have mechanics in the family? :D
My mom's dad and her brother were both mechanics. If they were alive and well, I'm sure they'd still be working on cars. My mom learned a lot from them, as my granddad said he wanted his daughter to be able to handle at least some of the things that go wrong with a car because she may end up stranded if not. I agree. I don't know how to repair anything important on a car, but I do know about checking the oil (checking its color and thickness), water, transmission fluid; and I know how to add those to the car, but not about changing.....getting under the car to drain the oil. I wouldn't mind learning, though.

Quote:
But anyway, pack on track – that was such a nice thing your dad and brother did. It’s so sweet and generous! I hope that the weather let up some and he was able to finish cleaning it out. I had to give my car a major cleaning out the other day. You see, a few weeks ago I had on a pair of earrings (just little ones – snowflake studs) but they bothered me so I took them out and set them in the cup holder. Well, I forgot they were there and put my paper coffee cup from Dunkin in the same holder. And.... it poked a hole in the cup. It was a total mess! Coffee spilled EVERYWHERE! It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to clean it in the snow! Ugh! So, a word to the wise – always remember where you leave your earrings! LOL

Thanks so much! I truly appreciate them for it. :D
Yes, he was able to get the inside cleaned up, and the carpets look great. :D They were the worst of it all. I don't know what they spilled, but it was pretty bad, plus he said he thinks they let a dog track in mud and dirt. I don't know. The seats were pretty clean to start with, but he steamed them, anyway. I didn't mind. LOL!

Oooh, the coffee/earring disater in your car is NOT good. Geeez. Having to clean it in the snow....also not good. Wow! Did it spill/drip on you when you lifted it to drink? I hope not. :|
I'll try to remember your tip. :)

Quote:
Oh – and you can still pretend to be McCall! Just pretend she got a new stylish black car!

This is true. I can actually picture her with a stylish black car. A sports car, of course. :lol: What color was her car in the "Hunter" movies? I know there's a photo of Stepfanie as herself or as McCall in front of her house with a dark blue sports car. Nice!

Quote:
I’m so glad that your birthday was very blessed and that you enjoyed it. It’s too bad about the party, but I’m sure the cruise was worth it!

Thanks. :) Yes, the cruise was very-much worth it. :D

Profile E-mail