It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings from Panda`s Hometown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 am 

hello!
I'm from Chengdu, panda's hometown.
I'm a big fan of Stepfanie. I fell in love with Sgt. Dee Dee McCall more than 20 years ago when Hunter was shown in China. It's so nice to meet you all here.
I've been visiting your forum for quite a period of time. I dare not post anything due to my poor English. I learned a lot about SK and FD's recent status from your website. Thanks a lot for sharing all those valuable information with us. I just saw LM's most recent post, and realized that indeed I should come out and speak up, otherwise LM will be too disappointed. So I found a friend to help me translate my words into English. Thank you for all of your hardworking in setting up such a great forum. This is my favorite website to know about Sk and FD's most updated activities. Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Panda`s Hometown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hello, dream4deedee! :)

Wow! Two new members within one week! Very cool! :D
You're not the first person here who doesn't have english as a first language, and that's just fine. You do the best you can. I'm glad that you did find a translator since he or she helped you decide to post.
I'm so glad that you decided to join us in posting messages. It's fun to read, but can be more fun to add your own messages. I guess my thoughts of closing the forum did help, and I thank you for deciding to help it keep busy. :)

Thanks for wanting me to keep the site/forum open. :) I'm glad we've been able to keep you updated on the events of the actors. That's one of the things I love to do here.

I love "Hunter", and Stepfanie is my fave of the two actors. I do like Fred, too. :)

Are there any other shows on the forum that you like?

We're a small group at the moment, but we're a friendly group I hope you'll enjoy your time here.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Welcome, welcome!

It's always nice to see new posters when I log on! It brightens my day some!

My name is HATBC and I try to post as often as I can, I've had some family drama to take care and have been away from the board for such a long time, but thankfully, it seems that things are returning to normal and I will be here more...hopefully.

Please don't worry about your English! We're a friendly group and you aren't the first person who doesn't speak English as a first/natural language...it's okay! Post more if you can, it's great to hear from you!

Oh, I have a question kind of relating to what LM asked - do you get a lot of American TV shows in China? I'm sorry if it seems like a silly question, but I was always fascinated by learning about how American TV shows are portrayed in other countries.

Once again, welcome to the board!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:40 am 

hello!
I'm so glad to get your replies! I've never imagined that one day I can have a chance to talk about SK with some foreign friends far away. Now it's come true.
I like US TV dramas and movies. In our country, a lot of people like watching US TV dramas and movies. I only heard of “Law and Order” among the shows listed in your forum, which is also very popular in China. But it's a pity that I have never seen it. Now, I'm watching Hunter. The 4th and 5th seasons have never been aired in China. From your forum, I got to know the release of the complete seasons of Hunter. We bought it and we are watching it right now. Thank you for sharing this news! We can see a lot of popular US dramas here. But now somehow they were stopped. I hope we can continue watch them later on. Among all of them, definitely Hunter is my favorite, especially SK. She always occupies a very important place in my heart that no other star can replace.Thank you again for letting me join your forum!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:50 am 
Site Admin

---------
You're welcome! :)

Wow, I'm glad my posting the news helped you to join us, and I'm glad you found out that you could get the DVD set. :)

It's nice that so many shows from the US are so popular there, but not so nice that you can't always see every episode.

When I first opened the forum a few years ago, I never imagined adding JAG to the list. I hadn't watched it, and I figured it wasn't something I would like. I was wrong! :shock: I LOVE it! :D My friend, HATBC had been telling me that if I love Hunter & McCall, that I would love Harm & Mac (another "H&M") ;) of JAG. She told me when some of her favorite episodes would be airing again as reruns, and told me to check them out. I did. I couldn't believe how much alike those two are to Hunter and McCall, plus the show is full of action-packed scenes, and storylines that keep you wondering if they'll end up as a couple. I had to add it to this forum! There used to be three of us who watched and discussed it, but now I think HATBC and I are the only ones who watched it that are still here.

We're both just crazy about Army Wives, too! It's not exactly in the same category as the other shows, but we needed a place to discuss it. :D

Hope you have a great time here!

Profile E-mail