Featuring Hunter, JAG, Law & Order:SVU, and The X-Files
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fools Rush In - Part 62
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

---------

(Part 62)

After waiting and watching until Rick stepped out of view, Dee Dee went to the observation window to wait for his plane to leave as she prayed for a safe trip. When the plane zipped by and lifted into the air, she sighed with a heavy heart and began her trek to her car.

During the drive home, the rain began to settle in at a steady pace. She noted that just when she’d started to get used to falling asleep in Rick’s arms on rainy nights, she’d have to find comfort in only the thoughts of those moments.

As she unlocked the front door, she heard the phone ringing and hurried to answer it. “Hello?”

“Dee Dee, it’s Ana. Am I disturbing you?”

“No. I just got home from the airport.”

“So, Ricky’s plane took off on time?”

“Yes, it did.” Dee Dee sniffled.

“You’ve been crying, haven’t you? You miss him already.”

“Yes, I do. It’s just that I don’t know when he’ll be back, and it worries me.” Dee Dee sat on the sofa and curled the phone cord around her fingers. “I know he couldn’t stay any longer than he did, and I hope I didn’t make him guilty. I just couldn’t help but cry every time I thought of him leaving.”

“Oh, sweetheart. My son knows you don’t blame him and he knows you can’t help how you feel. You love him. You’re bound to be upset when he’s away.”

“There’s no doubting that.” Dee Dee sighed. “He told me he doesn’t blame me. I do believe him, but I still feel guilty.”

“Well, don’t worry yourself over it. Just know that he loves you and the babies very much.”

“I do take comfort in that, and how much I love him.”

“And I’m so glad that you do love him.” Ana’s heart lightened at the thought. “Rick has been through a lot with women in his life, and none were as caring as you are. He’s truly lucky…no…blessed to have you, Dee Dee.”

Dee Dee felt her face grow warm as the compliment sank in. “Thank you, Ana. I’m blessed to have him, too.”

“Are you feeling alright, otherwise?”

“I am. I’m even going back to work tomorrow.”

“That’s good. I think you could use the distraction.”

“Me, too.”

“You’re going to do fine.” Ana reassured. “Well, I won’t keep you any longer because I’m sure you could use some rest. I just wanted to check in.”

“Thanks for calling.”

“Call me if you need to talk, alright? Maybe I’ll call you back in a day or so to check on you again.”

“Thank you. I really appreciate that.”

“Okay, sweetie. Take care of yourself and my grandbabies. I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

Dee Dee got up from the sofa and moved to the bedroom to change into something comfy and to lie down for a while. When she entered the bedroom, she saw that Rick had left one of his Polo shirts, a yellow one, neatly placed on the bed with a half bottle of his cologne and a note propped on a pillow beside it. She removed her coat and shoes to settle on the bed to read it.
-----

Dee Dee,

Honey, I’m sorry I had to go, but we’ll be back together soon. In the meantime, you can wear this shirt to lounge around in or to sleep in. I know it’s one of your favorites on me, and you know I think you look really sexy in it, even if it does drape over you like a tent. As I write this, I’m picturing you wearing it and nothing else. [smile] As for the cologne, well, I know how much you love the smell of it, so you’ll have it to help remind you of me until I can get back.

I love you and our daughters with all of my heart and soul. I can’t wait to get you all home and start our lives together as a family.

I know it’ll be hard for the both of us while we’re apart, so we’ll have to spend as much time on the phone as possible. I don’t care what time of day or night it is, I want you to call me whenever you want.

We only have a few more weeks before our wedding takes place, and a few months until our daughters enter this world. I couldn’t be happier and I’m so excited. I’m truly a lucky man. I’m more than lucky. As my mom would say, I’m blessed. I agree. With knowing that you’re a blessing, I have to thank God for you. Dee Dee, I thank you so much for wanting to be a part of my life and for accepting me as a part of yours. I never knew I could be so happy. It’s all because if you.

Well, I guess I should save some of my feelings for our wedding vows, huh? It wouldn’t do for me to have nothing to say, especially while I’m in arm’s reach of you. You’d strangle me for sure. No, there’s no way I could run out of wonderful things to say about you. No way.

I’m going to close now. I’m writing this while you’re sleeping and you’re beginning to stir. I can’t let you catch me. You’re supposed to read this after I leave.

Take care of yourself and the girls. I’ll call you as soon as I get home. If I have a chance, I’ll call you during a lay-over.

You’re the light of my life, and I love you. Remember that…always.

Your future husband,

Rick

----

Dee Dee sighed with contentment; reading that Rick loves her. She didn’t doubt his love. She just appreciated the reminder. She fought off the tears with a smile, and pulled off her clothes and put on Rick’s shirt. She then pulled a CD from her collection with a particular song; the one that was now their song and set it to repeat. She returned to the bed, placed the letter in the bedside drawer for safe-keeping, dabbed a little cologne on the collar of the shirt and curled up with the the pillow Rick slept on while he was there. With the soothing aroma, the patter of raindrops on the window and the soft fabric against her cheek, she began to relax and closed her eyes to envision herself in Rick’s arms.

She heard the phone and turned over to see the clock before answering. She realized she’d fallen asleep and that two and a half hours had passed.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Dee Dee. Did Rick’s plane get off okay?” Celise asked.

“Yes, it did.”

“How are you holding up?”

“Okay, I guess.”

“Well, would you like some company? I could visit for a while….even stay over if you’d like. Or, you could stay with us.”

“Thanks, but I’ll be alright. I’d just really like some time alone.”

“I understand. Are you going back to work tomorrow?”

“Yeah. I’ve taken enough time off for now. I want to get back to the center, too. I miss my kids.” Dee Dee smiled at the thought of seeing Kyler, Marco, Olivia and the rest.

“They’ll be glad to see you, too. I’m anxious to see you back at the office.”

“I’ve missed our lunches at the park. If it’s not too cool out tomorrow, we can go there.”

“Sounds good to me.” Celise replied cheerfully. “I’ll see you tomorrow, then. You have a good night.”

“Thanks. You, too.”
----

Rick unzipped his small carry-on for his travel pillow to add extra support to the pillow provided by the airline. He realized that Dee Dee had placed an extra one in the bag for him. He smiled at her thoughtfulness as he also saw a standard white envelope taped to the pillow. With curious anticipation, he opened the package to find two copies of the sonogram images of his unborn daughters. He smiled as his heart fluttered with pride and joy. After several minutes of staring at the images, he realized there was a letter inside the envelope. He put the pictures back inside for safe-keeping and opened the letter.
_ _ _ _

Rick,

I hope the extra pillow will help you to be more comfortable. It’s a long flight and I want you to get some rest. Don’t spend the time worrying about me or the babies. We’ll be fine.

I’m already missing you so much and I can hardly wait to see you again. Having you here with me was fantastic. I went through so many wild emotions from the time I married Alex, to the time of having you here to show me that I can actually be happy again. Thank you so much for that. I love you for so many reasons that I can’t count them all. You keep adding to the list by doing things like coming to me when I needed you here in London. You’ve always been a wonderful friend to me, and soon I’ll know you as my wonderful husband. I’m so excited about becoming your wife and raising our family together.

Here’s something for you to think about -

Once we’re back together, I know we’ll have as much fun as we did when you were here the last time. There are still some chapters in The Kama Sutra that we haven’t covered. Maybe you should pick up a copy for yourself and get some studying done. We’ve got to get it while the getting is good. At the rate that my stomach is expanding, it won’t be long before I’m not able to hold my balance in some of those positions. [Smile]

Before I forget, would you please see that your mom gets her copies of the sonogram pictures?
I’d appreciate it, sweetie. Tell her that I love her, too.

I’m so anxious to hear your voice over the phone. I need to know that you made it home safely, and I just need to hear you say you love me. I know you do, but I love hearing it. I want to say the same to you, too.

I should end this letter because I know the longer it is, the longer you’ll go without getting some sleep.”

I love you, Rick, and I’ll be waiting for you.”

With all my heart,

Dee Dee

--------

Rick sighed deeply with sadness at the thought of being so many miles and so many hours away from Dee Dee. It felt as if they’d parted at least two days ago, but it had only been a few hours. He pulled out the sonogram images again and stared at them; wondering what the two little girls would look like when he sees them for the first time.
He tried to imagine what he felt just months ago; that he wasn’t ready to be husband and father so soon. It was the hardest thing ever to try and imagine. A smile came across his face as he thought - “How could I have wanted to wait a few more years for this?”

=== ===

(Continued....)

Profile E-mail