Featuring Hunter, JAG, Law & Order:SVU, and The X-Files
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fools Rush In - Part 54
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:04 am 
Site Admin

---------

(Part 54)

Alex pressed into the sides of his head with his palms and he called for Dee Dee to help him.

Hesitant to move nearer, she slowly moved toward him. “What’s wrong?”

“Help me up… to the sofa.”

Dee Dee reluctantly stood in front of Alex and allowed him to use her arms for support, and to help pull himself up and over to the sofa where he lay on his back.

“What’s wrong with you?” Dee Dee questioned.

“It’ll pass. Just give me a minute.” Alex sighed as the pain began to subside.

Dee Dee sat down in the chair across from him and waited for an explanation, and several minutes passed before Alex responded.

“That was a rough one.” Alex said; feeling slightly embarrassed. It wasn’t like him to show a sign of weakness in front of Dee Dee.

“You’ve had it happen before?” Dee Dee asked. Her interest wasn’t piqued as highly as Alex may have thought, but she was curious.

“Yes. I have.”

“Have you seen a doctor?”

“Yes.”

“And…?”

“And it’s nothing I want to discuss right now.” Alex answered gruffly.

“Fine with me.” Dee Dee sighed and returned to the kitchen. “I want you know that I can’t pull you up if you fall again. I’m not straining myself because of you.”

“Whatever.” Alex huffed. He slowly stood up and walked over to the coat rack, pulled a bottle of pills from his jacket pocket, and went into the kitchen for a bottle of juice.

“Alex? Why have you pulled me back into your life?” Dee Dee questioned.

“I told you before…I need you. You’ll understand when I’m ready to explain it further.” Alex moved back to the living room and washed down the pills with the juice. “You’ll see that being with me is the right thing for the both of us.”

“That’ll never happen.” Dee Dee replied sourly. “I’ll never, ever be happy when I’m with you.”

Alex smirked. “Time will tell.”

While Alex returned to lie down on the sofa, and though her appetite wasn’t hearty, Dee Dee settled down for a plate of pasta. She ate as much as her nervous stomach would hold, while her mind wandered to Rick. She knew he had to be terrified and worried out of his mind, and she felt terrible because she couldn’t do a thing to ease his fears. Nearly an hour after she’d finished eating, she remained at the table in deep thought. When she noticed that Alex was sound asleep, she contemplated looking for the keys in his jacket pocket, but knew that it would take quite the skill to move about quietly, find the right key and then unlock the padlock on the inside of the door. She thought silently. “Patience. Wait for the right moment, whenever that may be.”
A little while later, she walked to the smaller of the two bedrooms and lay on the bed. She was too angry to fall asleep, and her mind was flooded with images and thoughts of Rick and their two daughters. She questioned if she’d ever see either of them, and if Rick could ever find her or if she could escape. When she felt the babies stir, she felt peace and worry at once. She couldn’t stand the idea of them being put into any danger, and she was grateful to feel them moving and to be reminded of what she and Rick shared within them.
After a few hours, she heard Alex coming down the hall from the living room. He passed her room and went into the other bedroom and began to run the shower. A few minutes later, he was dressed in a warm-up suit and heading toward the front of the house. She heard him rambling about the kitchen and wondered what he was up to. Twenty minutes later, he was standing in the doorway of her room.

“Dee Dee?”

“What do you want?” She answered with her back to him.

“Come into the living room.”

“Why?”

“Just do it. Now.” Alex commanded then turned and walked away.

Dee Dee sat up and shook her head at the thought of giving in to Alex. She slowly moved toward the living room where he was sitting. “What is it, Alex?”

“I need to talk to you about something.”

“Like what?”

“Sit down and I’ll tell you.”

Dee Dee sighed with irritation and did as she was told by sitting in the chair across from Alex.

“I’m about to tell you why you’re here, and what plans I have for the both of us.”

Dee Dee didn’t reply. She only anticipated what was to come.

“I want you to understand that I’ve been through some really tough times in the past few years…even in the years before that. My life has been greatly affected by those times, but I’m at a turning point. I’m ready to try and have a normal life. That’s where you come in. I need you to help me.”

Dee Dee began to speak. “When you wanted me to help you kick your coke habit, you knew I wasn’t trained to do so. What makes you think I can help you now?”

“Because, when you set your mind to do something, you do it.”

“And if I choose not to do it…?”

“Oh, you’ll do it, alright. Remember. I’m in charge here.” Alex’s voice carried a malevolent tone. “Why do you want to pretend that you’re able to do whatever you want to do, Dee Dee? You know how it goes.”

“Yes, I do. But I’ve been hopeful that I won’t have to endure any more of your hateful ways.”

“Hateful!” Alex shouted. “I’ve given you everything you’ve deserved, and then some! I gave you a nice house, kept you in nice clothes, let you have your friend, Celise, and even let you go to that volunteer job you wanted so badly!”

“You gave me….” Dee Dee raised her voice in anger. “I suffered everyday for all that you supposedly gave me! Every single day, you found a reason to make me miserable! Why, Alex?! Why did you have to treat me like that?!”

“Don’t you dare question my actions! I did what I knew was right! You just don’t know how to appreciate a good thing when you have it!”

Dee Dee shook her head. “No, Alex. You’re the one who doesn’t know how to appreciate a good thing. I would have done anything to make our marriage work, but I couldn't be an abused wife. That seemed to be the only way you wanted me in our marriage.”

“Damn it.” Alex took inhaled sharply and forced out his words. “All I’m trying to do is to get my life together, and here you are harping on the past! Just stop it!” He heaved a sigh and seemed to calm down. “Like I said, we’ll start anew. You can deliver your babies here; I’ll have a midwife to assist you, and then they can be sent to their father. After that, you and I will start all over with our own lives.”

“No!” Dee Dee shouted in reply to the plans. “Alex, I’ll never give up my babies! Rick and I are going to raise them together! He’s the man I’ll spend the rest of my life with!”

“I don’t think so.”

“Then you should think again!” Dee Dee started toward the bedroom, but Alex cut her off by standing in front of her.

“Didn’t I tell you that I’m the one in charge?! Why do you insist upon making things harder to deal with?!” Alex grabbed Dee Dee by the shoulders and pushed her against the wall. “Stop making me lose my temper, Dee Dee! Every time I explode, it’s always because of you! It’s all your fault! It’s always your fault!”

“Let go, Alex.” Dee Dee did her best to keep her composure.

“No! Not until I’m ready!” Alex screamed. “You’re going to listen, and you’re going to listen good!”

Dee Dee turned her head away, but Alex roughly put his hand under her chin and turned her to face him. “You owe me, Dee Dee. You owe me because I helped you escape the life you said you wanted to leave. You wanted to get married. I gave you that, and now it’s payback time. You’re going to help me through the struggles I’ll be dealing with in the near future. In order to do that, you need to let Rick or someone else take care of those babies. There’s no way that I’ll be raising any kids that belongs to Rick Hunter. So, be prepared to say goodbye to them as soon as they’re born.”

“I’ll never do that!” Dee Dee snapped. “You’re out of your mind, Alex! You’re crazy!”

“Shut up!” Alex snapped. “I’m not crazy! Don’t you ever call me crazy! Do you hear me?! Just shut up or you won't have to worry about sending those little *******s anywhere! I can get rid of them right now!”

“No!” Dee Dee tried to wrestle herself free. “I'll kill you before you hurt my babies!”

“Not if I kill you first!” Alex glared at Dee Dee. “I'll be more than happy to have Rick find your lifeless body! I'll do away with those little *******s of yours one way or another! You’ll do as I say or I’ll make sure that you deliver them by tomorrow, and then you can watch me take them away before I kill you, or I'll kill you first and then take them from your body! Wouldn’t that be a sight for Rick to see?” Alex smirked. “Yes, it would indeed.”

Dee Dee cringed as her stomached churned at the idea of such gruesome acts against her and her unborn babies.

Alex held his position for a moment, and then slowly loosened his grip. “I’m not letting you upset me anymore tonight. I need a break from you.” He stepped away. “We’ll talk more about this in the morning.” He went into his bedroom and lay down; leaving Dee Dee to think of the horrifying plans.

Still very much stunned, Dee Dee eventually moved to her own bedroom. When she was finally able to calm herself enough to drift off to sleep, it was nearly daybreak. Suddenly, she heard a ghastly scream from Alex’s room. She hurried inside and found him lying on the floor with his hands clutching the sides of his head.

“Get my pills.” He said.

Dee Dee remembered seeing him take pills earlier, so she went and pulled the bottle from his jacket, filled a glass with water and returned to the room. She stood against the door as Alex pulled himself to an upright position to swallow the pills.

Without genuine concern, Dee Dee questioned him out of curiosity. “What’s wrong with you, Alex? Why do you have these headaches?”

Without a reply, he lay on the bed breathing heavily and waited for the medication to kick in.

Tired of waiting for an answer, Dee Dee turned to go to her room.

“Wait.” Alex called.

Dee Dee turned to face him. “What?”

“The pain…I can’t stand it any longer. I need your help.” He noticed that Dee Dee had crossed her arms and was shaking her head before he continued. “Before you say no, let me explain. The way I’ve treated you; I honestly can’t control my actions. It’s part of my illness. It’s the truth. You believe me, don’t you?”

= = == = =

(Continued....)

Profile E-mail