The His Badge Her Badge Fan & Fan Fiction Forum

Featuring Hunter, JAG, Law & Order:SVU, and The X-Files
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fools Rush In-part 20
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm 

Thanks for such a quick update!!! :) I love that she's getting closer to leaving!!!!! How nice is it that Rick is so in tune to her and to the fact that something's not right!!!!! AHHH!!!! :) Loving it!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fools Rush In-part 20
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

I try to keep those two in tune with each other. I've been a fan for nearly 30 years, so using their chemistry with a fair amount of detail is what I love to do.

Will she actually leave? Alex may have other ideas.
:?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:26 am 

Yea, for such a quick update....thank you, thank you, thank you! Glad to see Dee Dee leaving Alex, now if only she can sneak out in the morning without alerting him. But I fear that staying somewhere so close to Alex could back fire on Dee Dee. Great job and can't wait to read more :kava:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:22 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome. :)

Yeah, if she does get out, being just doors down from Alex may not be the best thing. It's better than living with him, but still.....things can take a turn for the worst.

It's nice to know that you guys do enjoy this story and don't mind that I've made Dee Dee into such a victim.
When I first started writing and posting it years ago (on a Hunter message board), someone said that Dee Dee would never allow this to happen. I wanted to show that such a thing can happen to any woman. Even women who are tough enough to handle the worst criminals on the job are totally different at home than at work, especially when the man that "loves" them manages to gain control. It happens and I thought she would be a great example of how one can really lose themselves when taken by surprise.

More story to come!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:20 am 

This is a great story. I'll admit that I did have that thought initially about Dee Dee never allowing such a thing to happen, but you are right... it CAN happen to any woman! Fortunately I have never experienced it, but I know that its out there. And sometimes people can be strong in one area of their lives (i.e. work) but then not in another (i.e. home). Kudos to you for bringing it to life and showing that it can happen to anyone.

I can't wait to read more! I am nervous for the part about Dee Dee leaving... and being so close to home. I think she needs to take that money and head straight for the airport and fly to LA to Rick!!!!! :lux: hehe! ;)

I'm curious now to see what Alex has in store!!!! I hope he doesn't hurt her or the baby!!! :(

Hope you can update soon! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you. :)

Yes, I imagine it's hard for some people to take.

I know of some women who suffered abuse. It goes on with people of very young ages, too. I saw it happen with a teen couple while we were in high school, and I also know of a woman who was a prison guard and was as tough as her male co-workers on the job, but at home, she was an abused wife.

I felt that it was very important to let people know that it's not just the so-called weak women who are suffering. It doesn't matter how strong you are in one situation when it comes to another. I wanted to show how when someone gets inside your head and makes you believe that you're nothing, you can really lose yourself.

I thank God that I've never been a victim and I will pray that I never will be.

I edited the next chapter early this morning. It's still not like I want it for the revised edition, but since I knew I would post it, I had to do something with parts of it.

I'll have it up in a little while.

Lots of twists and turns on the way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 am 

I agree, even the strongest (and well-educated) woman can fall victim to abuse, not just physical abuse, but there is also emotional, verbal, sexual, psychological, financial, and digital abuse.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:12 am 
Site Admin

---------
Thanks.

You're right.

There are just some people who feel that the problem belongs only to a certain "type" or "class" of woman, and I hate that.

I do appreciate all the support I'm getting for this story.

:D

Profile E-mail