It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FD & SK kiss during bloopers show (2002)
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think it's that much of a pose at all. She placed her hand in a comfortable position for the kiss. If they weren't kissing, then yes, I'd consider it a flirty/intimate pose. Now, wiping the lipstick from his lips....that's quite an intimate act for some. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:29 am 

Yes, I see your point there. Well however you look at it they are definitely very comfortable with each other and it is lovely to see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:38 am 
Site Admin

No, there's no denying that they're comfortable around each other.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:59 am 

:) I guess that's one of the things we love about them. And it sure helps with the chemistry.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 pm 

Ahhh. Love this pic! Does anyone know if they ever hooked up/dated in real life??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 am 
Site Admin

I have no proof of them ever dating in real life.....just the rumors like many of us have heard.

I do recall that Stepfanie told Fred that she didn't want to date him. It was either on or around the first time they met on the set. The story goes something like she'd been hit on by so many of the male actors she's previously worked with that she wanted to get things clear from the star with him. :lol:
I don't know if he ever asked her out after that or not.

Several of us thought they would have made a nice couple, especially if they got along as well as H&M and as well as they did on entertainment shows that featured them in real life.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 am 

hmmmm......but if we assume that they met in 1984 when they began shooting the pilot, Fred was married then (83-88, although over by 86) so, it doesn't seem right that she would have said that then. I'm with you...they would have made a GREAT couple. The chemistry was insane!!!!! I can't believe that it's all just acting. It definitely seems like there was more there under the surface. Or at least, maybe that's what my mind wants to believe! ;). I wish I could get my hands on some tabloids from back then! I was too young to really know what was going on at the time. I mostly remember watching Hunter when it was on in syndication on channel 11 every week day at 4pm. I used to race home after school (HS) just to watch! Ahhhh..... I was hooked!!

Last edited by BrassCupcake76 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 am 

when I watch the kissing scene in Unfinished Business, it looks like she unleashed A LOT of feelings with that kiss!! She was going at it!!!! Lol!!!!! ^9 ^9 ^9 ^9

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

BrassCupcake76 wrote:
hmmmm......but if we assume that they met in 1984 when they began shooting the pilot, Fred was married then (83-88, although over by 86) so, it doesn't seem right that she would have said that then. I'm with you...they would have made a GREAT couple. The chemistry was insane!!!!! I can't believe that it's all just acting. It definitely seems like there was more there under the surface. Or at least, maybe that's what my mind wants to believe! ;). I wish I could get. Y hands on some tabloids from back then! I was too young to really know what was going on at the time. I mostly remember watching Hunter when it was on in syndication on channel 11 every week day at 4pm. I used to race home after school (HS) just to watch! Ahhhh..... I was hooked!!

I'm not saying that Fred would be one of these guys, but for many, being married would not have stopped some men from wanting to date another woman. I imagine that several of the men who were after SK were married.
If I can have married men want to date me (never dated them...don't intend to), I KNOW they want to date a beautiful, talented and sweet person like her! LOL! That's probably why she said what she did, if she did say it. The poor girl needed a break from being hit on. :lol:

There has also been talk by way of the fans, that FD's wife, Tracy was jealous of SK and that had something to do with their divorce. It may have been in the tabloids, but I don't know for sure. Even so, the tabloids are made especially to spread lies, so.... :|

One or two of the other fans/members and I have discussed the topic and wondered if when Tracy was on the set, if the "touchy-feely" moments from the friendship of S&F bothered her. She was in a couple of episodes and probably saw the awesome chemistry between them. Then again, it's possible that they all got along great. You never know.

Yes, F&S had some major chemistry that could not be acted. It was real and I love that! :) The other actors featured here had great chemistry, too, but F&S may have had the best of the group, in my opinion.

Being addicted to "Hunter" can be a good thing for many. Some people....I worry about. :lol:
I'm not worried about you, though.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 pm 

Yeah, I totally had that same thought about Tracy possibly being jealous of FD's chemistry with SK. It just oozed all over the screen and I could imagine that it had to have been an issue behind closed doors. Man what I wouldn't give to know the whole story! Lol! I wanted them to be together whether it was on the show or in real life, or both!! :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure that it didn't help matters that Tracy may have known that others, on the set and off, where saying the chemistry between F&S was so very strong, plus she may have even heard others saying that F&S Stepfanie should be together. Though it could have been true back then, I'm sure it was a moment of "OUCH!" for Tracy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:17 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I always felt bad for Tracy in those situations. That just has to be so awkward. I remember and interview with Catherine Bell from JAG one time where she said people were always more sensitive about the Harm/Mac chemistry/scenes when Nanci was on set. I can totally understand why. That can make for a very awkward situation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I sometimes have to be reminded that Nanci went through a very similar issue. If not feeling secure/having trust, hers could have been worse, considering this H&M actually shared some romantic moments.
:?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am 

It has to be a very difficult thing... and I am sure the lines between "fiction" and "real life" get blurred A LOT! I mean, we all have jobs and work with other people, male and female, but we aren't put in these sort of "lovey dovey" situations and I would imagine that its really hard to keep all of your emotions in check. I do feel bad for Tracy, and in my opinion, I do think that it was more than FD's long hours on set that drove the split.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 am 
Site Admin

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that I read someplace that FD mentioned that Tracy was quite young and not really ready for marriage, so that's part of why it didn't work.

I would imagine that it would take a lot of security at any age to see your man working so closely with a beautiful woman.

Though this isn't why we split, I've been in a situation where my boyfriend was friendly with women in front of me, and my friends didn't know why I didn't get angry. Simply because I was friendly with guys in front of him, and we knew how far to go. We never disrespected one another. A smile and a hug for someone else never upset either of us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:35 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Quote:
Though this isn't why we split, I've been in a situation where my boyfriend was friendly with women in front of me, and my friends didn't know why I didn't get angry. Simply because I was friendly with guys in front of him, and we knew how far to go. We never disrespected one another. A smile and a hug for someone else never upset either of us.

Now that it what I like to hear. I can't stand it when men/women totally freak because the SO has a good friend of the opposite gender. Like seriously? If you can't just trust each other, you've obviously have bigger problems.

I have a friend who refuses to "let" her husband go to Starbucks because the barista there always flirts with him and he smiles back and is friendly.

Really? I don't see anything wrong with that!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:12 pm 

I'm with you... I'm secure enough and don't let that type of stuff bother me. However, I wouldn't want to see my man muggin' down with some hot woman! :lol: That wouldn't be cool! :lol: FD & TV seemed like an odd match to me anyway....yeah.. she was very young, like 21-22 when they got married...and Freddie was 37! That's a BIG age difference! So that makes sense!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 am 
Site Admin

HATBC wrote:
Quote:

Now that it what I like to hear. I can't stand it when men/women totally freak because the SO has a good friend of the opposite gender. Like seriously? If you can't just trust each other, you've obviously have bigger problems.

I have a friend who refuses to "let" her husband go to Starbucks because the barista there always flirts with him and he smiles back and is friendly.

Really? I don't see anything wrong with that!

We agree on so much! :lol:

Here's a good example of when someone thought I should be upset with my ex.
Years ago, I was hanging at a nightclub with my ex, my brother and his girlfriend at the time, a cousin and a couple of friends. I was enjoying my drink and my ex wanted to dance while I didn't. Me, not dancing?! I know, shocking, but I'd just gotten off the dancefloor and my drink was lonely. My ex saw a girl he knew and gave me a look from across the table that I knew well. He looked at her then back at me, and I knew the deal. I smiled and nodded in agreement. Off he went. One of my friends said something about how she couldn't believe how he just jumped up and ran to that girl like that. :roll: First of all, he didn't run, secondly, he did make sure it was cool with me. We had our own way of communicating, obviously. I told her I didn't have a problem with it, and neither should she. She kept trying to get me upset. I ignored her.

During the next song, one of my friends asked me to dance while my ex and his friend were still dancing. Once back at the table, my ex and I continued on with our flirting with each other, holding hands across the table...just having fun. My friend seemed bothered by this. :|
Later, my cousin told me that my friend was in a fit over how "strange" it was for each of us to dance with others in front of each other and then act like nothing was wrong about it. What?! :? I guess that's why she didn't like us holding hands at the table. Maybe she thought we'd fight. Sheesh! :roll:

I've always told my SO that I'd never ignore a friend because of him, and so far, only one guy that I almost dated had a problem with that. I'm glad he told me from the jump that he didn't want me talking to any of my male friends and only a select few of my female friends and family. I was like - "Say what, now?! You'll choose who I can see? I think NOT!" You know I snapped! :x He said he didn't know what my problem was because his ex-girlfriend didn't have a problem with it. I told him she must have, and tha's why she's his ex. Ugh! Idiot! :lol:
To this day, I thank God that I walked away from him, safely as I figured at some point, if I'd become his girlfriend, he'd have kept me under close watch and most likely never let me leave the house w/o him, at all. I could have been in an abusive relationship. I could just imagine what could have happened if a male friend spoke to me in public. I often get chills thinking of it. :|

Your friend won't "let" her husband go to Starbucks because of the girl? Wow. I hate when people won't "let" their SOs do certain things. Geeez! I've been out with family and friends during "girls night out" (movie, dinner) and one in the group was on a short time schedule that her husband had set for her. She had to get straight home after the movie because he didn't want to watch their..THIER daughter for more than a couple of hours because a game was coming on. Say what?! :x The rest of us were stunned! She left, we headed to our fave Mexican restaurant, talked a bit about her situation...grateful that it wasn't us, and discussed what items we'd use to bash him over the head with if we'd been married to him (the more we drank the more creative we got) :lol:

Sometimes, many of us just need to realize how blessed or lucky we are when the things we complain about in dealing with a SO isn't as bad as others. :)

Edited to add - I just previewed this post and saw the "drinking" smiley. I forgot it shows up each time you type d-r-i-n-k. :| I've tried to find the setting to change that in my control panel for all of the smileys. No luck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 am 
Site Admin

BrassCupcake76 wrote:
I'm with you... I'm secure enough and don't let that type of stuff bother me. However, I wouldn't want to see my man muggin' down with some hot woman! :lol: That wouldn't be cool! :lol: FD & TV seemed like an odd match to me anyway....yeah.. she was very young, like 21-22 when they got married...and Freddie was 37! That's a BIG age difference! So that makes sense!

It's nice to know that you, HATBC and I are so secure. :D

I'm a very independent woman and I'm proud of that. I have friends who NEED a man to boss around or to have him boss her around. Not me, buddy! I don't like a wimpy man and I don't want one trying to take over my life, either. I've learned that some men can't deal with that fact about me. Too bad!

I agree that he and Tracy seemed like an odd couple. It's not like I wished divorce on them, but as a couple, they just didn't seem right.
:|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm 

---------
I agree that Fred and Tracy seemed like a very odd couple. Yes, she did remarry around '89 and had another kid if I am remembering right. Oh, and she moved to Las Vegas.

I'm really intrigued by this kiss though... I know it was off-screen (so to speak, although there is screen evidence - but I guess I mean, that it wasn't meant to be part of the show.) If they were "just friends" its almost hard to believe by looking at this kiss, right? I don't know... I don't go around kissing my guy friends like that, but maybe that's because I am in a relationship and they probably both were not at the time this happened (02-03). Maybe they did get together and no one knows?

Its funny because just recently I did come across an old tabloid article that was titled "Hunter stars make secret plans to wed" - and it was from around '87 when the show was really taking off and getting good, and after FD & TV's were legally separated.... and it talked about the chemistry that the two had on set and how that was an issue in FD's marriage... etc. Too bad it wasn't true!!! :lol: Who wouldn't have LOVED to see them get married?!? I would've loved it either as Hunter & McCall, or Fred & Stepfanie, or BOTH! :rofl:

Profile E-mail