It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you see H&M with a small wedding?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
I had a lazy day for the most part and read some fanfics. In FF I tend to notice a trend with small H&M weddings.

I don't really understand small weddings. I can't picture them. Perhaps, because in all my years, I have never actually been to a small wedding. In my family 420 guests would be considered small.

Do you see them with a military wedding? Most people don't, yet I do.
The military defined who they are; it was responsible for them meeting and shaping the type of people they had become. It seems like it would only be natural.

And you know, the more I think about it, I guess it would make sense for them to have a small wedding. I mean, neither one came from large families, and it didn't appear they had a great significant number of friends outside of JAG, so who would the really invite?

Sorry---I'm babbling! I don't know why either, LOL!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Do you see H&M with a small wedding?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:44 am 
Site Admin

---------
I don't know about small weddings, either, except for one. :| One of my cousins tried to have one with only 40 people. Please! She has five siblings who either had kids, a spouse and kids, or at least a date, plus her parents, grandparents.... :roll: It didn't work as she planned. She kept thinking of people she really wanted to be there, but she'd already booked the spot and it was too late to find another. I tried to tell her....no way can you have a small wedding in our family unless you elope! Duh! It was still small in comparisson to our other family weddings, as there were only about 80-85 We were packed like sardines, and it was in June! :shock: That was the smallest wedding I'd been to, and just didn't seem right. :lol:

My brother's wedding had over 200 guests, and a great number weren't able to show up, so I know what you mean.

I think a large wedding would suit H&M because of their military family. As you know, my brother is a police officer, and many of his fellow officers were their with their families, and some were even included somehow in the ceremony/reception. When our Mom died, many of them were so supportive to the both of us,... (even driving by to check on me some nights) and I couldn't see him leaving them out.
So, I can't imagine H&M leaving out their military family. Besides, there are so many who were pulling for them to be together, it would only be right to include them on the big day. :) Even if they wanted everyone in civilian clothes...still need to have everyone there.
:D

Profile E-mail