It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disclaimers & Summaries
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

---------
Hi, all.

When it comes to posting your fanfics, you need to have a disclaimer. I didn't make the rule, but I'm trying to enforce it.

---

A disclaimer - This tells everyone that you do not own any rights to any of the shows you write about. If you don't have any connection with any of the producers, writers, actors, etc., then it wouldn't hurt to mention that too. This keeps the actual show creators from saying you're claiming rights to all the hard work they've done. We don't want to be sued, do we?

*You should put your disclaimer at the top of your fanfic's first page.

A Summary - This tells the readers a little bit about what your fanfic is about before reading the actual story. A summary isn't a must, but there are people like me who really appreciate them. We get to read and get an idea of what it's all about before having to read a half a page or more and find that it's not what we thought.

*If you choose to use a summary, please put it at the top of the first page of your fanfic.

Remember to read the Fan Fiction Ratings Guide to be sure of how to rate your fanfic. Each fanfic must have a rating.

Thanks!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail