It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 pm 

Grissom and Sarah forever! I love these two almost as much as Hunter and McCall. That's an awful lot! Haven't really watched the show since Griss left (I'm a huge WP fan) but I do know Sidle is back and married! Wheeee!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Grin wrote:
Grissom and Sarah forever! I love these two almost as much as Hunter and McCall. That's an awful lot! Haven't really watched the show since Griss left (I'm a huge WP fan) but I do know Sidle is back and married! Wheeee!

I never got into that one. I saw bits of it during a crossover ep or two with "JAG", of which CSI is a spinoff. Now, Harm and Mac are a lot like Hunter and McCall. Two sets of H&Ms...gotta be alike. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:58 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
LM, I think you might have your acronyms confused. :| :lol: NCIS spun-off of JAG. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

See how much I care about either of those shows? :lol: :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:44 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
:lol: You're welcome!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 am 

For the first 6-7 seasons/years this show was on it was my #1 most favorite modern crime show on TV!!! You got to know and care about the main characters but they focused more on the crimes and the methods the CSI team used to solve those crimes. It was awesome!! :D

Then, like most shows (including the crime ones) today, they started having the main characters make stupid personal choices--therefore they started screwing up their lives. Eventually "CSI" started to become another primetime soap-opera! :roll:

I initially liked the idea of having Grissom and Sara together! :) They both were so "quirky" and strange that it could definitely work! :lol: But, then they had Grissom act all weird with it and eventually Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) left the show...without ever resolving her and Grissom's relationship. :x

Also, then they decided to kill off Gary Dourdan's character, Warrick Brown--after Dourdan got into real-life drug/legal trouble and decided to leave the show (or he was fired??). They could've at least had his character leave the crime unit and Vegas, like they did with Sara...but no, they have to kill him! His character was one of my favorties, so this really turned me off the show! :evil:

Eventually (as it was sort of known it was coming) William Petersen (Grissom) left the show too and this new crime professor or something replaced him--a Dr. Langston?? I pretty much quit watching after Grissom was leaving--didn't even see his final episode. :|

This season, at the beginning, did have Sara return for a few episodes, now supposedly married to Grissom--they got back together once he left Vegas! When I heard she was coming back for a few episodes I decided to watch again for a while. I liked the episodes she was back in, and it was a little "flashback" to old times. :thmbup:

But, after a while the plots and episodes got weird and stupid again, and I don't think Sara is still in them??--Haven't watched since 1st of November.

Another of my favorite characters is Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger), and I like the idea that she is in charge once Grissom left--and this new Dr. Langston is actually under her. But, sometimes even her character is weird and "dark" now, and I just don't find the show appealing or "cool" like it was at first.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 am 

---------
Sara Sidle is back!! :D This Thursday, 1/21/10, Jorja Fox guest-stars again on a new episode of "CSI"--that actually does look fairly decent (possibly somewhat humorous)!

I wish she'd come back to the show...and Grissom could make occasional appearances. But, probably not. However, I'll take what I can get! :)

Profile E-mail