It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Checking in from NJ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm 

Hey all...just checking in quick to let you all know that me, my house and my family and their homes are all ok with hurricane sandy that has devastated NJ, and also NY, CT and other states. We have no power and probably won't for 7-10 days, so I won't be on much unless we have power at work and I can go on. Hope you are all well, especially anyone else here that lives in the northeast area and was affected. Talk soon! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Checking in from NJ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update.

Glad to know that you're all okay.
:)

Thankfully, we've only had to deal with gusty winds and cold temps. Nothing severe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:07 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
Glad to know you're okay! I was wondering how you were today!

It's been raining here for two days straight, and the wind got pretty nasty, but luckily that was it. It wasn't too bad here at all, I think the aftermath of Hurricane Ike a few years ago hit OH much worse. We were very lucky this time. I know there was a ton of storm damage in PA (which isn't even more than an hour away) and they even closed several schools.

My friend lives in NYC and they were visiting her boyfriend's parents in NJ Sunday morning and they got stuck there ever since. I'm glad they were all okay, though. That's all that matters!

Stay safe!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:03 am 
Site Admin

I'm glad you're okay, too, HATBC. :)

One of my friends/fellow fans lives in Hartford, CT. As of yesterday she was fine, but the local businesses and schools were closed. She said that since she lives inland, it shouldn't be as bad for them, and didn't have to evacuate. The wind was strong, it was stormy, and they were warned that they'd most likely lose power. She was going to try and get in a few episodes of "Hunter" while she could since she was stuck at home.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am 

Thanks guys!

Glad you are safe too, HATBC!

We still don't have power, and yesterday they said ANOTHER week before it was restored, and that's after already being down 3 1/2 days..... The damage here in unreal. Its like a warzone in many parts. Work has been closed all week. My best friend has power, so I am camping out at her house until at least Monday.

Here's a link to some pictures that show the damage done to our beloved Seaside Heights Boardwalk. This place is so iconic to everyone that lives in NJ... long before "Jersey Shore" ever aired. Its a piece of everyone's history here.... a place where NJ came together. Its so sad. But the Boardwalk can always rebuild, its the people that lost everything that is really heartbreaking. I couldn't imagine losing my entire home and everything in it. Dealing without power sucks, but I keep reminding myself that I am safe and still have a place to call home and many folks here do not. Its so heartbreaking. :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

It's good that you have a friend to stay with.

It's a shame that so many lives were lost, and so much was destroyed.
The photos of the rollercoaster in the water is probably one that'll be in circulation for years to come. They're interesting, unique and eerie.

I hate the thought of more rain and possibly snow going to those areas that were hit so hard. Geeez.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 am 

I'm so glad that you have a place to stay. That's so wonderful.

I did just go through some of those pictures. It's so tragic! :cry: My friend was finally able to get back to NYC today, so soon I'll hear what's left at her apartment. I hope the damage isn't too bad. Fingers crossed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

I'll say a prayer for her, too.
One of my cousin's in NJ posted on FB that he's doing okay, but a little frustrated with all that's happened around the area. I guess the rest of the family are okay...my aunt and other cousins. No one has said anything, so....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm 

Thanks, she'd appreciate the prayers. She said some of her furniture was ruined, but all her photo albums were okay. She said that's all she cared about, you can replace furniture, but she really loves her photo albums. (They're from way back when she was a little kid, and one was even her parents' wedding album!)

I hope you hear from your family soon, and I hope that the are all safe, too. They will be in my prayers as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 am 
Site Admin

I'm glad that her photos were safe. :)

You're both welcome for the prayers, and I appreciate those for my family. :)

I still haven't heard anything, so I sent a text message to another aunt...the baby of the siblings who lives in Mobile, so I hope to hear good news from her about her sister.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm 

Thanks!

I hope you've heard from your family by now and I hope that they are all safe!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

Yes, I've heard good news. :D
I've been busy and plus I don't feel well (cold/sinus issues), so I hadn't thought about posting about it. Sorry.

My aunt in Mobile said that my aunt and her grandkids (she's raising them) in NJ are all okay. Thank God. :D

I appreciate prayers that were for my family.
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 pm 

You're welcome, too!

Great! I'm glad they are all well! That's wonderful!

Also, I hoping that your resting and start to feel better soon. I've been super busy, but I read something about AW and HAD to come here to post it ASAP! I'm going to do that next!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 am 
Site Admin

---------
Thank you! :)

I've been sleeping a lot, so I hope that's a good thing. I just don't like being out of sorts with the time when I sleep like that.
I haven't checked my temperature, but felt a bit feverish yesterday. I was taking antibiotics for two days, but I had some of the side affects that were not nice, so I'll go pick up a new order tomorrow or will ask my brother to pick it up.

Thankfully, I don't think I have to get back out in the long for hours at a time until after Thansgiving. Filming in such cold weather is not a fun thing, but I look forward to the finished product.

We have a lot of catching up to do! :)

On my way to read the Army Wives message!

Profile E-mail