It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Catherine Updated her site....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
....with a very nice, long update! Well worth the wait!

She also tells us that she is now on FB and Twitter.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Catherine Updated her site....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Cool.

I don't "tweet", so I haven't followed anyone on Twitter, though I've been invited. I have so many different modes of contact that I didn't know if I wanted another or not. Several of my friends have at least a dozen different ways to be contacted, but from what I've seen of it, they're barely active on any more than two. Weird.
From what I understand, it's just random thoughts by millions of people, but I also know that some have something decent to say, and that you can news reports and more from there. I've seen a few messages when I visited the homepage, and it seemed like a huge chat room. It would be interesting to know what other fave celebs "tweet" and if they have anything really cool to say while doing so. I might join one day.

Veering a bit off topic...I was watching Kimora Lee (owner of Phat Fashions, former CEO of Baby Phat fashions, star of Life In the Fab Lane) on another of her shows after giving birth to her son. She sent out the news on Twitter from her hospital bed.

BTW - I like the dress CB is wearing for the "Sexiest Woman..." event.

Thanks for sharing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 pm 

I joined Twitter (only to follow a few celebs and a number of knitters), it isn't anything special. I don't like it at all.

Quote:
From what I understand, it's just random thoughts by millions of people, but I also know that some have something decent to say, and that you can news reports and more from there. I've seen a few messages when I visited the homepage, and it seemed like a huge chat room. It would be interesting to know what other fave celebs "tweet" and if they have anything really cool to say while doing so. I might join one day.

That's exactly what it is like! And you know what else? It's TOO random and so unorganized. It's hard to carry on a semi-conversation there. Facebook is the best, hand down, IMO.

I agree! I love that dress as well!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, I still don't see myself joining Twitter anytime soon, thanks to your explanation. I needed to know more about it from someone who has used it, and you've filled me in. Thanks.

I got an email from a friend two days ago who wants me to join another setup like FB. Seriously, how many of these things must one be a member of?! Gaaah! She and two other friends are connected to at least five different online setups. That's far too many! Pick up a phone and call your freinds. Geeez!

Sorry to rant, but I can't stand how people join group after group and want you to join, but they know good and well they don't have time to be on all of them. Besides, you have the very same people on all of them. I just don't get it.
:roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm 

You're welcome. Twitter has grown on me in the past few weeks. I'm still not crazy about it, but it is so much easier to link my Twitter and Facebook together via TweetDeck on my phone and update/post simultaneously. The one really big plus is that it(Twitter) is easier to update from my phone than Facebook, and I haven't signed on FB from my computer for awhile.

I wonder just how many social networking sites there are! I have two - FB & Twitter - well, three if you count YouTube, and that is plenty! I don't have time for anymore. And don't even get me started on picking up a telephone - I agree!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, it seems that CB does that...posting to Twitter and FB at the same time.

I think a lot of this new technology is part of why so many people aren't as close as they used to be. The industry says it's to keep you closer, but if a person would rather sent text messages for more than an hour, rather than call, what does that say? I'll send a short message, but I don't like trying to hold a conversation by way of text messages. :roll:

There are a LOT of social networking sites.

Have a look.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:15 pm 

Thanks for the link! I hadn't heard of more than half of those.

I don't have the patience to carry out a conversation via text message. I mean, it's great for updates when telephone calls wouldn't work, but that's about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

I fully agree with you. Besides, the growing trend of sending text messages while driving is not a good thing, but it goes on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm 

Every single time I see someone driving and texting I wonder- WHY? That's all. Just WHY? What is THAT important? I bet 8 out of 10 people who text and drive at Bluetooth enabled phones/ear pieces - use it! Ugh.

** Off my rant now! **

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 am 
Site Admin

---------
I know!

You can rant all you want. You know I don't mind.
:)

Profile E-mail