It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can SVU survive losing Meloni?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 pm 

Location: What kind of question is that? At my computer, silly!
He's done.

So what does this mean for SVU?

I think it's gonna be the last season. I truly do.
I don't even know if I will watch this coming season. I might just tune in to see how they write of Stabler.

Do you think they will start out at a funeral and say he was killed on the job? Or possibly just say he was transferred?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Can SVU survive losing Meloni?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't been keeping up with SVU gang much, so I hadn't heard.

IMO, I think it's over with him still there. Not a shot at him personally...just saying that for me, the show lost its zing a long time ago. If it isn't the last season, it most likely will be the next to the last.

Not much thought on how they'll write him out, but I do intend to try and catch it so I'll find out.

Thanks for sharing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:37 pm 

Honestly, I'm still surprsied that they renewed it for more seasons. It just lost everything. The cases aren't interesting (well, maybe that's not the best way to say it...they've just become predictable) and there's no "B" type storyline anymore about the characters' lives.

I still don't have any ideas on how they will write him out, either. I have a feeling I will only be watching the first ep of the season to see how they send him off.

However, I have some strange urge to see DJE play a bad guy on SVU (I want to see him as someone TOTALLY different from Harm/Jimmy(Close to Home)/Russ(CSI NY), so in the unlikely event that that would actually happen I would probably end up turning it on just to see that. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, lost everything.

I remember way back when 9 used to post (sounds like decades. LOL!), we discussed how SVU didn't put any serious focus on any of the other co-stars, unlike JAG. I love JAG for that! I think SVU thought it would be best to turn the show into The Benson & Stabler Show, but for me, it was a bad, bad idea. I think if they'd have spent time featuring the others, the show could have had so many more interesting storylines and could have built on more years of quality episodes.

It reminds me of when soap operas expect us to forget that so-and-so had a baby and it was never mentioned again, you know? They've done that mess on SVU, too....leaving us hanging. Uncool!

Maybe he'll have a family or job crisis and won't be mentally stable enough to cope with the job. Unstable Stabler. Ha!

I'd like to see DJE as a tougher guy, too....but better than in Scoundrels. Sheesh. LOL!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:12 am 

I agree! I really think SVU should have put more focus on the other characters. The L&O "mothership" did and it ran for 20 years and survived many, many actor/character changes. Sometimes I just don't understand what writers think when they come up with these storylines. :roll:

I hate when soap opers do that, too! I also hate when so and so has a baby in Monday's ep and by the following week the baby is three years old but nothing else changed. Ugh! Writers! Get it together!

Ha! Yes! I have a feeling Stabler will leave because he's "Unstable"...it fits!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, when reading the article about Diane Neal and Stephanie March being on SVU, I saw mention of the "mothership" L&O being canceled after 20 years. I knew it had been on for ages, but forgot it was that long as I only saw one episode. If a show is that succesful, I don't like the idea of it being called "canceled". They should call it "retired".

Ooh, I hate when in soaps the babies age by decades over the weekend, too. Ugh! I haven't watched soaps in years on a regular basis. The last time I tuned in (All My Children and One Life to Live) was two years ago after my surgery. I was totally lost! I had no idea of who was who as the "babies" now had babies, and there were so many new actors in the roles of so-and-so. I gave up within a couple of days. Besides, I knew it would be the same old storylines, anyway. When I was in high school, my mom would record for me, or if I were out sick, I'd watch. After all those years, the very predictable storylines....no matter the characters, still remain. Wow.

Let's hope we're not disappointed with "Unstable's" exit.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:00 pm 

From what I've read, he won't be back. Remember, at the end of last season Sister Peg was killed (I liked her) and he shot a teenager and she died in his arms and I think that's gonna be the reason they say he left.

Oh an I agree with ya'll 100% on them wasting their chance at utilizing the other characters and the fact that the episodes aren't interesting any more. It's like they have the same 2 people writing the episodes. Some of the dialog I swear I've heard in several other episodes. I'd have to do a little digging to find it, but I know I've heard some of the stuff before.

In fact, I'm not as captivated by it as I used to be. They need to revamp and get some new writing blood, but I, too, think that Season 13 will be SVU's swan song season...buh bye SVU.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

---------
I forgot about Sister Peg and the girl. :|

You may be right about the writers....only two writing the same story over and over. LOL!

When I was watching halfway regularly about two years ago, I noticed that some of the storylines seemed alike. I figured if they're based on actual events in SVU, some storylines could be similar...home invasion rapes, kidnappings, child por*n, (forum blocked the word, so I had to use *) etc. Even so, they don't have to be that much alike. The real-life criminals may do a copycat move sometimes, but still.

Profile E-mail