It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About "Return to Justice"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:22 am 

I just watched Return to Justic. I don't know if I missed out any important plots, but I have the following questions:

1) What happened to McCall's 2nd husband Alex?
2) Why did McCall work in San Diego? Why didn't she return to LAPD?
3) When McCall was kidnapped, and Roger came to hand over the list in exchange of her. She was forced to read the namelist. When she read out the name "Jeff", she stopped, and looked at Roger in disbief and surprise. Why?

Grateful if anyone can give me an explanation. Many thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: About "Return to Justice"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I just watched Return to Justic. I don't know if I missed out any important plots, but I have the following questions:

I'll see what I can add. If I can get HATBC over here, she can probably add more answers.
Quote:

It has been said he and their child were killed in an accident. I don't know if it was supposed to be a boy or a girl, or at what age he or she was when they died. I think it was to be mentioned in the script of "Everybody Walks In LA", but SK couldn't be in that movie because she was pregnant with her daughter, Lily. I've always felt that it was a car accident, and those of us who have written fanfics about it have gone that route. I can't be sure, but I think someone on another board asked SK or Stephen J. Cannell, or someone involved w/ the show and got that reply.

Quote:

Maybe she moved there after meeting her fiance, or perhaps she met him there after she'd already lived there for a while. If they intended to follow the line that she moved back to the US from England, then she could have decided on SD as she wanted to be away from the violent reminders of LA. Before she left to marry Alex, she said she knew she'd be of service in London, and I think it was to be working with kids. That was part of her job in SD; working in the juvenile division. Remember how she was done and walked away from it all to marry Alex? When Hunter killed the guy near the end of "Streetwise", you could see that she was done with it all, so no more gritty street work in LA for her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygxuMcRAdM

Quote:
3) When McCall was kidnapped, and Roger came to hand over the list in exchange of her. She was forced to read the namelist. When she read out the name "Jeff", she stopped, and looked at Roger in disbief and surprise. Why?

We had questions about this at one of the old message boards. One of the fans asked FD about it, and he said that Jeff was one of the guys who worked for Roger. I think he was supposed to be a friend or co-worker of McCall's. Some of us wondered if Jeff had been Alex, but that the writers changed his name...that maybe later in the new episodes, we'd find out more about Jeff.
Quote:
Grateful if anyone can give me an explanation. Many thanks!

Hope that helped a little.

Just to add - I love the scene where Roger asked Hunter if he blamed himself for his partner's death, and McCall says "Yes, he does". They know each other SO well!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 am 

Thanks a lot for the very comprehensive explanations! I'll go back to watch "Everyone Walks in LA" then. In fact, I've never watched it because I know S was not on that show. ;)

Yes, I also noticed what McCall said when Hunter was asked. She understood him so well!!!

I love the scene when Hunter met McCall at the engagement party. I watched this scene again and again. M was still so pretty, while Hunter was so handsome. They could have been such a matching and loving couple! It made me feel sad when Hunter went back to his hotel room, lying on the bed to recall all those good old days with M... Sigh!

I remember that I saw a photo on the internet that when F and S renuited again for this new episode, he gave S a big hug, and S seemed to wipe the tears from his cheek. I don't know what happened between them, but it is really a touchy photo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:29 am 

I also love this scene that she said "yes,he does".They always have a tacit understanding.

BTW, through your video ,I knew that little girl was Lily.She was so cute!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:58 am 
Site Admin

TTeng53 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the very comprehensive explanations! I'll go back to watch "Everyone Walks in LA" then. In fact, I've never watched it because I know S was not on that show. ;)

Yes, I also noticed what McCall said when Hunter was asked. She understood him so well!!!

I love the scene when Hunter met McCall at the engagement party. I watched this scene again and again. M was still so pretty, while Hunter was so handsome. They could have been such a matching and loving couple! It made me feel sad when Hunter went back to his hotel room, lying on the bed to recall all those good old days with M... Sigh!

I remember that I saw a photo on the internet that when F and S renuited again for this new episode, he gave S a big hug, and S seemed to wipe the tears from his cheek. I don't know what happened between them, but it is really a touchy photo.

I'm glad to have offered something.

The notes about McCall aren't actually mentioned in the movie "Everyone...". I was saying that it was supposed to be in the script if she had returned.
The movie was pretty good, but there were a lot of moments where I wish McCall were there. Hunter needed her. :| I think if SK had been there, the entire storyline may have changed, and Hunter wouldn't have ended up in the situation he ended up in.

I have the clip of them at the party in at least one of my videos...maybe two. I love that scene. It should hav been Hunter and McCall's engagement party!
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

dream4deedee wrote:
I also love this scene that she said "yes,he does".They always have a tacit understanding.

BTW, through your video ,I knew that little girl was Lily.She was so cute!

Great scene, indeed. :)

You've seen one of my videos? Cool. Hope you enjoyed it.

Lily didn't look anything like she does, now. As I mentioned in another post, she's changed a lot over the years. I went through a lot of changes while growing up, too. :lol:
I thought it was cute that Lily got to be in the scene with her mom and actually have a line. She can get paid for that! :) Give that kid a SAG card! :lol:

I like your avatar...McCall/SK in her white hat. :) It reminds me of scenes of her from "Coins In a Fountain".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 pm 

dream4dee's avatar is neither SK or McCall, it is "Nikki" from "3 Coins in A Fountain". :)

We all love that movie!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

You're right! It is Nikki. :D

She and Joe made a cute couple! Love her comments to him about staying away from the nude beach, and the one about him keeping his shirt on...at least until they got home.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:30 am 

So, it's nude "beach", not *****! ;)

I was a bit confused about it when I first heard it, and I also wondered how to translate it into Chinese to my friends. The I translated it into "*****"!!!

I need to improve my English. You can be my teacher!

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:33 am 
Site Admin

LOL! Yes, it's beach....not *****.

I guess it would have been confusing to wonder why she told him to stay away from a female dog, or terrible/mean woman, both which are sometimes called by that other word. :lol:

I don't know how well I would do as a teacher, but I'm willing to try. :lol:

You're welcome. I'm glad I helped to clear things up for you in the translation.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:33 pm 

I love the cute scene that Nikki and Joe first meet in the bathroom.
LOL. Joe is a bathroom singer.

lm ,you have two students now ,TT and me. I hope my Enlish is correct.
Pls.correct me if there is any improper expression, thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

That animation is too, too cute and cool! :D
I think SK would really like it. You should send it to her.

Two students? :shock: I'll try to help out, but sometimes I'm not so great at my own language. :lol:

I don't want to offend either of you, so I'll try not to correct too often.
I have read a couple of mistakes from you both, but it's nothing bad at all. :)
Besides, some are probably just typos from typing too quickly. We all have those. I just corrected one of my own, and I may have others in this very message. :lol:

When you said - "I love the cute scene that Nikki and Joe first meet in the bathroom."
If sounds as if you're saying that they first met a scene in the bathroom, as if the scene was like a person in the bathroom.
I know you meant that you love the scene where they first met in the bathroom. :)

If I see anything more, I can send a PM or email if you prefer, rather than post on the forum. Let me know.

You're doing twice as well as I am. You're speaking two languages! :lol:
I know a few words in spanish, but that's about it.
:|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 am 

lm_mccall_l57 wrote:
That animation is too, too cute and cool!
I think SK would really like it. You should send it to her.

Those animations were made by a firend Shuying ,who is also a big fan of SK. She made some animations and photos for SK. And we want to send them to SK as a gift.

dream4deedee wrote:
I know you meant that you love the scene where they first met in the bathroom.

I understand. :)

dream4deedee wrote:
If I see anything more, I can send a PM or email if you prefer, rather than post on the forum. Let me know.

Thanks a lot of being so considerate ! Pls. feel free to drop me lines by PM or Email whatever is convenient to you when you find anything incorrect. It `s nice of you ! I really appreciate your help !

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome. Glad to help. :)

I honestly don't think I'll have to send very many at all. You're doing very well!
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:07 pm 

TTeng53 wrote:

I met Stephen J. Cannell at a book signing in St. Louis for his book White Sister. I asked him what happened to Alex and, like LM said, he said both Alex and McCall's child were killed in a car accident. Didn't say male or female child.

TTeng53 wrote:

I didn't even think to ask SJC this Q. I guess we'll never know the answer and it's bugged me to no end. Why would she move to SD and not L.A.? I hope it's because there wasn't an opening in Juvie at the LAPD so she took the closest Juvie job she could find.
McCall was already working in Juvie when she met Roger at some fund-raising event for the kids. There's a scene in the movie that states that fact.

TTeng53 wrote:
3) When McCall was kidnapped, and Roger came to hand over the list in exchange of her. She was forced to read the name list. When she read out the name "Jeff", she stopped, and looked at Roger in disbelief and surprise. Why?

That is another conundrum. that we'll never know the answer to At first I thought that it was Roger's assistant's name, but nope. I forgot what his name was, but it wasn't Jeff. I'm assuming it must have been a personal friend of her and Roger....??? Continuity has never been very good on this show. It's one of the few things I don't like....well that and most of season 7... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
"Continuity has never been very good on this show."

I know that's right, 9! I was watching "Requiem..." last night and was once again reminded of the two different ways Steve died. :|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:03 pm 

Thank 9 and LM for your answers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

You're very welcome!

I knew that if I could get 9 over here, we'd get a little more, of not a lot more help.
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:25 pm 

My guess on why she ended up in San Diego is simply that there was an opening in the juvenile division there, and there wasn't an opening in LA, so she happily took the SD job.

I think it's really strange that they never mentioned Alex. They only had to write one line, like Hunter saying he was sorry he couldn't attend the funeral, or McCall saying she never believed she'd love again after having lost 2 husbands (although I guess that sounds a little corny), or something like that. How do you just ignore Alex???

I love the pictures of Nikki from Coins in the Fountain - that is one of my favorite SK movies! And to the Chinese fans - your English is amazing! I'm very impressed!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

---------
Yeah, a mention would have shed some sort of light on the mystery, I guess. At least we'd know we didn't "imagine" him or have it been in our own flashbacks. :lol:

I still wonder if when McCall says something like - "It's almost like I'm right back where I was seven years ago.." or whatever, while she and Hunter are at Roger's burial site, if she may have meant it was like losing Alex and the baby all over again.

The clip, provided on Youtube by 9 --

Profile E-mail